Strong Style Wrestling

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Strong Style Wrestling
Strong Style Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I hate to do this... October 31st 2018, 10:53 pmJaydayne PendragonTwo vultures and a baby chick walk into a barOctober 31st 2018, 7:14 amLeberSSW PromosOctober 27th 2018, 10:47 pmSteven CassidyWhat song are you listening to right now?October 23rd 2018, 12:43 pmKai StevensThe VulturesOctober 13th 2018, 6:11 pmSaul OmenThe Compliment GameOctober 10th 2018, 11:20 pmSaul Omen
Upcoming PPV

Pay-Per-Views
January: Wrestle Spirit [Major PPV]

March:
Blood Moon [PPV]

May:
Supremacy [PPV]

July: Domination [Major PPV]

September: Event Horizon [PPV]

November: Clash of Dragons [Major PPV]

Top posting users this week
No user
Affiliates

Omega Wrestling Alliance

eWmania Top 100 eFeds

Do you have any unused gimmick ideas?

+6
Dr Shrapnel
Jaydayne Pendragon
Avery Knight
Khmoach Sangkat
Masanori Kawada
Shinati Mizarki
10 posters
Go down

Do you have any unused gimmick ideas? Empty Do you have any unused gimmick ideas?

April 28th 2018, 9:57 am
Assuming you're okay with discussing them with other people, what were they?

One of my original gimmick ideas when I was going to sign up to SSW was a proper cockney geezer from East London. He'd use typical London slang and often get into bar fights and would use that as part of his bragging about being a bareknuckle boxer. Depending on the direction I wanted to go with I was going to use either Marty Scurll or Wade Barrett.

Another less serious one was the "weapon of mass consumption". Probably would have used Otis Dozovic and the gimmick would be that he'd eat a lot (obviously) and would use his gargantuan weight to overpower and squash his opponents. He wouldn't be very fast but he could take a lot of damage and, if given a break, would eat to regain his energy. Think of something similar to what they did with Bull Dempsey with the "Bull Fit" gimmick but eventually more fleshed out.

"Lord of the Brass Ring" was something I hadn't really fleshed out but was planning on using Triple H as a medieval, pseudo-fantasy character who considered himself the pinnacle of professional wrestling. As someone who had grabbed the figurative brass ring and ran with it he very quickly went power mad. He'd have been heavily influenced by the world of J.R.R. Tolkien and would speak in a similar manner as characters from LotR and Game of Thrones. I suppose it's very similar to the "King of Kings" but I think with the right sort of backstory behind him it could have been a very interesting character.

"Matt Rushmore". The name came from what Matt Jackson would call PWG's "Mount Rushmore" as a joke but I thought the fact that the character I was primarily known for was called Matt was enough to run with this as an actual gimmick. The concept is pretty self-explanatory and would be extremely egotistical. It wasn't very fleshed out when I came up with it but I think it's something that I'd come up with more for in time.

"Uncle Slam" wasn't something I actually intended to use and was more of a joke All-American character I'd come up with on the fly. I thought the name was pretty funny but eventually I signed up as Bo Tista in OWA and so I've never really planned to bring this character out.

I used to have a lot more but I lost the wordpad document I had them saved to. There are a couple more I still have saved on my google docs but these are the ones I thought were worth mentioning. Does anyone else have any character/gimmick ideas they haven't/won't use?
Shinati Mizarki
Shinati Mizarki
Shoot Nation

Do you have any unused gimmick ideas? Empty Re: Do you have any unused gimmick ideas?

April 28th 2018, 3:17 pm
There's been a few --- I wouldn't say these were all 'unused' per say, but I never actually did much with them, and they were mainly done as side characters more than anything (though some I never really used) so I'll count them here:

'Black Heart': Honestly, this is one of my oldest ideas (and was more of an experimental thing), who has gonna be based off wiccan priests and the entire element of witchcraft, with satanic undertones. Never really fleshed the character out too much,  It was obviously gonna be a heel, but never really found a fit/place in order to use it and eventually went away from the idea.

'Militant': Essentially this was designed as a concept for my first ever character, where I was gonna have him be a full on citizen militant, so a 'vigilante' of sorts --- as well as being right into the whole 'militia' aspect of the American second amendment. Didn't end up following through with it, as I came up with a 'better' idea for him, and the character has since been put away --- though I may re-visit this idea at some point. Dunno.

'Doctor Sleeper': A pure comedic character, that was meant to be somewhat of a parody of how characters are written as 'plot devices' rather than actual characters in various forms of media. Didn't go too far beyond concept mapping, before I realised it was too cheesy tbh.

There's others, but I can't really think of them off the top of my head right now and these were the 3 I thought about for more than just ten-twenty minutes tbh lol.
Masanori Kawada
Masanori Kawada
Shoot Nation

Do you have any unused gimmick ideas? Empty Re: Do you have any unused gimmick ideas?

April 28th 2018, 11:49 pm
Shinati Mizarki wrote:'Doctor Sleeper': A pure comedic character, that was meant to be somewhat of a parody of how characters are written as 'plot devices' rather than actual characters in various forms of media. Didn't go too far beyond concept mapping, before I realised it was too cheesy tbh.

Do you have any unused gimmick ideas? Latest?cb=20161113071033
I had a similar character inspired by Chikara's Doctor Cube. Don't remember his name but I was using Dr. Muscle from Dragon Gate as a base.
Khmoach Sangkat
Khmoach Sangkat
Phantom Troupe

April 28th 2018, 11:56 pm
Always wanted to do a female whose entire gimmick is "Don't Speak" by No Doubt.
Avery Knight
Avery Knight
Ronin

April 29th 2018, 6:20 am
Do you have any unused gimmick ideas? 2381351-sergei_dragunov

I do have one interesting gimmick that I feel like unable to do but really intrigued to play. This character is basically inspired from Tekken's Sergei Dragunov. He never speaks EVER and the way he goes with a promo is by doing a theatrical scenic roleplay with some subliminal messages delivered to the enemy.
Shinati Mizarki
Shinati Mizarki
Shoot Nation

May 9th 2018, 3:08 pm
Just remembered a gimmick Idea I had, initially for Adams, but I also later thought about doing it with its own character:

'Blood Phobia': The idea behind this was actually based off my own irl fear of blood --- but I was gonna have that be an aspect of Adams, where if he bled, he would simply roll out of the ring and run backstage, getting himself counted out --- or he would go absolutely crazy and focus more on the blood than the match. Would have despised first blood matches as well. Then, once I developed the narrative for Adams and decided not to do it, I thought about making a character based around that concept --- but could never think of a way to truly execute it.
Jaydayne Pendragon
Jaydayne Pendragon
Shoot Nation

June 5th 2018, 9:27 pm
I pretty much only have three other characters on my mind, but don't know if I'll get to them or not. Don't want to go into detail though.
Dr Shrapnel
Dr Shrapnel
Free Agent

June 14th 2018, 5:31 am
Dr Shrapnel is actually an unused character. I've wanted to bring him and Nursey to life for years now. 

I love rediclously dumb gimmicks. I remember I used to efed as a Kamen Rider type character because why not?

But one character I never brought to light was Mario "Jumpman" Martinez. A character whose entire movesets was based on iconic video game moves. His finisher was Akuma's raging demon, he had King's jumping muscle buster, the dude was silly and a bit dumb but God it would've been fun reading his matches.
April Song
April Song
Ronin

June 14th 2018, 2:02 pm
I have far too many to count. I really had to think long and hard about gimmicks I would use here.
The Apparition
The Apparition
Shoot Nation

June 15th 2018, 2:06 am
Off the top of my head I had an evil Doink-like clown, which I only wanted to do because I thought it would match up well with "Entertainment" by Rise Against. I never did that because the gimmick was literally just Doink. I couldn't really build much on that.

There was also a monk (Low Ki pic base) who was dedicated to inner peace so much, that he would only deliver reversals to moves. That seemed like it would be a massive pain for writers, so I ended up dropping that.
Kai Stevens
Kai Stevens
Ronin
http://alphawrestling.jcink.net/

June 19th 2018, 12:23 am
Michael Fordham (Ricochet PB) —  The Terrell Owens of the Squared Circle.  Freakishly impressive athlete with unrelenting endurance and a severe lack of inhibition, Fordham lets his talent and brugeoning stardom inject narcissism into his veins, creating an interesting combination of ego and legitimacy.  Known for almost being campy in demeanor, as if written like a comedic Samuel L. Jackson role in a film, but can, if necessary, act more reminiscent of Denzel Washington’s role in Training Day.
Jessykah Schwarz
Jessykah Schwarz
Free Agent

August 10th 2018, 3:34 pm
I had three gimmick ideas I had in my head and they were fleshed out, but not fully fleshed out, you know.

1) The first was based on my love for carnivals, the music of ICP, and The Woken/Broken gimmick of Matt Hardy. Basically, this gimmick would a be guy or girl who was down on their luck as a wrestler and such and had to begin working at a traveling carnival and while with this carnival they began listening to the music of ICP and soon began hearing the voice of a spiritual deity called The Ringmaster. The Ringmaster would then guide this person back into the limelight of professional wrestling and help spread the word of The Dark Carnival and such.

2) This one is heavily based on me. The concept was a guy who became a professional wrestler but was obsessed with horror movies and even became the self-proclaimed and dubbed "Horror King" as well as adopting the name of Jason Kruger. He would dress, mimic, and even quote horror movies and such.

3) The third is based on a former MMA Fighter turned Professional Wrestler due to being a fan, falling out of love with MMA, and to try to make Professional Wrestling a legitimate sport like it once was. This is actually what Jessykah is based on.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum