Omega Wrestling Alliance

Admin
View user profilehttp://strongstylewrestling.forumotion.com

This is the SSW Promo Page! These are the promoing rules and must be abided by:

NO PROMOS FOR HOUSE SHOWS!
2 PROMO LIMIT FOR WEEKLY SHOWS!
3 PROMO LIMIT FOR PPVS!
4 PROMO LIMIT FOR MAJOR PPVS!
YOU CAN USE HOUSE SHOWS TO WRITE PERSONAL SEGMENTS, INTERVIEWS, OR WHATEVER TO HYPE YOUR FEUD! THIS IS NOT MANDATORY!
PROMOS WILL BE JUDGED BY A THREE-PERSON JURY SYSTEM BASED ON THE WRITER OF THE MATCH AND TWO BOARD MEMBERS!
DO NOT POST CHALLENGES ON THE PROMO PAGE!
DO NOT BREAK KAYFABE IN THE PROMO PAGE! THIS IS FAKE AND STORYLINE!

Share this post on:diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Comments

on June 8th 2018, 11:49 pmAria Jaxon
I.

I have to say, both of SSW’s marquee events so far -- headlined by yours truly -- have been pretty aptly named, in my case.

Before Exodus, I departed my previous employer amid controversy, but truly found my way to greener pastures, finally setting foot in Strong Style Wrestling and quickly cementing myself as its unchallenged queen.

At Supremacy, I cemented just that, overcoming somebody who got entirely too big for his britches to hang onto my coveted prize.

Masanori Kawada? Not so much. The night wasn’t too kind to the most self-righteous of SSW’s self-fashioned heroes, but what else is new? If nothing else, at least he’s accustomed to the disappointment. When he and Belle Kingsley failed to keep that frat boy lookalike and his mail-order bride from taking the Freebird Tag Team Championships to Tres Comas Club, the taste of the bitter pill he swallowed down was hardly foreign. If my change of heart makes me unworthy of being idolized, well...your lies don’t put you in any better standing. All you do is promise to bring change to this company and you swear you embody the core ideals of SSW, but you always end up falling flat on your face. Isn’t it fair to say a hero should be measured by the fruits of their heroic exploits? Their lives are defined by the lives they save and the hurdles they soar over. For you, Masanori Kawada, it’s fair to say that you possess the heart -- albeit the vanilla, impossibly naive heart -- of a hero, but what good is a hero if they don’t produce results? Anybody can preach the way you have. Anyone off the street can talk about how they love doing the right thing and vow to do away with supposed evil-doers, but if you don’t actually make good on those promises? Well, you’re not a hero anymore. You’re more like the old man in the Kryptonite music video; delusional, caught up in visions of grandeur, and probably, flabby and sick and running around in your underwear.

What makes it worse isn’t even that you’re on this ill-fated quest to “cleanse” the SSW landscape on your own. You got company, and lots of it. On paper, some people might say you’d make an ideal leader for Shoot Nation, given your veteran status and the fact that you probably embody everything a member of the faction should be, but have you even been able to string together two wins in a row? Has your tenure in SSW become known for anything other than losing when it counts the most? Say what you want about me, but I don’t write checks my mouth can’t cash. I sing my praises louder than anyone else ever could, yes, but when it comes down to it, I make good on every single promise that I make. When I said I would become this promotion’s inaugural Puroresu Heavyweight Champion, I did. When I said I would lay Matias Navarro out in order to remain champion, I did. With all of that being the case, when I say that I’m going to defeat you tomorrow night, who do you think you are to doubt me? You think you could do what your stablemate, Jaydayne Pendragon, couldn’t do? He couldn’t keep this company’s grandest prize from falling into my hands, and instead had to focus all of his energy on securing a guaranteed championship match for a later date. And no, while he hasn’t officially made his choice, we all know he’s coming for me. We all know he feels like he’s got unfinished business with me, but he’s convinced himself that when he circles back around, things will go his way. After all, I’m destined to fall, right? My title reign is built on a poisonous foundation, so only a mighty Shoot Nation protagonist can do away with the Evil Queen and save SSW from spending another day under the tyrannical rule of myself and the rest of The Phantom Troupe!

Yawn.

I’ve seen your future, Kawada, and I don’t know if it’s more influenced by your way of doing business or mine. But in any case, this match will follow a familiar course for both of us. For me, it’s another win, just another night on the job. Yet another match where I showcase just why I’m the single biggest threat on this company’s payroll. For you, you’ll have rallied the troops once again. You’ll have convinced all of your Shoot Nation friends that you’ll bring home a victory, a tick mark added to the W column that you collectively need so badly. You’ll draw on all of the crowd’s love for you, letting them amp you up and thinking it’ll give you that extra oomph when you need it most. But, this won’t be the night when Masanori Kawada soars higher than he ever has before. The sun is bright up here at the summit where I am, and it’s so blinding that you can’t tell that you’re about to fly into your glass ceiling. Determined to break through, you’ll fly into it at full force and still fail to break through. I’ve braced myself for impact, and I’m not anticipating anything that I can’t handle.
on June 8th 2018, 11:06 pmKikyo Himura.
I have remained quiet for the sole fact that I do not believe I need to speak in order to show my true skill. In my very humble opinion, actions speak louder than words. I have a very big legacy behind me from my mother and father, two Japanese legends in this business and in the MMA world as well. I am versed in many styles of fighting and even when I take a loss, I make it a point to prove that I am not one to be taken lightly. Since I have stepped foot into SSW, I have made it my goal to prove to everyone that while I may look cute and innocent... I am far from it. They say behind every cute face lies the darkest secrets and I am proof of just that. They say that cute faces tend to harbor the darkest powers and I am proof... of just that.

My mother is the legendary, Akari Himura, who has proven that she is more than capable of defeating any opponent placed before her. She was a ruthless woman who showed no mercy to those who stood in her path of gore and destruction. She did what was necessary to ensure she proved herself or to ensure she got the win in the end of it all. She had the mentality that she had to always prove herself even though her record was outstanding. Hardly any losses compared to her exceptionally phenomenal win record.

She was a true legend and I worship her more than words could ever say. She was the one person who pushed me to pick up my dream of becoming a Professional Wrestler in the end. In the end, my father did not want me to become a fighter in any sense of the word. He wanted me to get through school and become some kind of... house wife to a good Japanese man. But, that was not the life I wanted to live. I wanted something more... Something better than that.

My mother began training me when I was only eight years old, small things here and there in the beginning. But, when I grew older things began to get better, bigger than the small things she had been teaching me before. The older I got, the more brutal and brash the training became. It had gotten so bad that I would go home after training and she would tend to the wounds she had inflicted upon me in training. It was never that she didn't love me, it wasn't that she was trying to abuse me.

It was just to better me in the end, to make me stronger than anything else. To make me better, to discipline me and be sure that this was truly what I wanted. The pain she had inflicted upon me only made me hungrier in the end. It made me want to shed blood, sweat, tears and then some inside of a wrestling ring... and she allowed me her blessing at the end of it all. She allowed her only child the blessing to enter a world that others cannot even fathom darkness lay.

My mother retired last year due to the toll it was taking upon her. She felt she had accomplished everything she could inside of the MMA world and inside of the Professional Wrestling world. She did what she needed to do and she closed this chapter on her life... But, now? Now, she stands by my side and accompanies me during all of my matches. She is my biggest supporter and repeatedly reminds me that there is a reason why I continue to do this even when it feels as if I should give up.

I continue fighting because I am a Himura and it is in my blood to carry out my family's legacy as the only child of Akari and Miroku Himura. As the only child of both of them, it is my duty to do what I must so long as I am making my family proud. My father still does not approve of what I have chosen to do with my life, but that is exactly why I continue to fight... To prove to him that this decision was one I was going to make with or without his blessing.

In the end, I aim to prove that I am nothing to mess around with. I am versed in multiple styles of fighting and my move set has proven to be something deadly and fierce. While I may seem like I am an innocent cherry blossom, I am a ferocious venus fly trap who will entangle you within her grasp and go in for the kill. I will not hesitate to take down anyone who stands in my path of flames and in the end... Everyone will bow before me or turn to ash at the end of it all. In the end, everyone will remember the name of Kikyo Himura... The Scarlet Flame.
on June 8th 2018, 10:30 pmStark
The Phantom Troupe is unfair
Saul Omen is in there
Standing at the concession
Plotting his oppression

Who is this second rate Aren Mstislav rip-off little Swedish emo fuck looking like a reject from a Speed Metal band, just without any talent related to music and even less talent related to wrestling. Yeah The Phantom Troupe is really unfair for having you in their ranks and giving you the hope of being anything more than a glorified Team Rocket Grunt, going out there to do the dirty work that John Doe and Aria Jaxon don't want to from the top. You tonight, Nas tomorrow at Game Over, then both of y'all at some point in the future - one by one, I'm killing all of you ugly little Phantom Troupe goblins.
on June 8th 2018, 10:26 pmJaydayne Pendragon
落雷

⚔️At a local gym, very excited SSW personnel are on the hunt for the Heaven Arena Cup winner, Jaydayne Pendragon. Somehow, they were tipped off that he was at the establishment, probably a Phantom Troupe snitch. They catch the back of Pendragon doing pullups, but apparently his ultra instinct kicked in because as soon as they entered the room he let go and bolted out of the room.⚔️

Personnel: Where are you going?! Pendragon!

⚔️They give chase but lose him. They split up searching for him, until someone claims to find him in a dark room.⚔️

Personnel: …..What are you doing

Pendragon: I’m meditating, it is how one finds true oneness and becomes like water.

Personnel: …..Why did you avoid us just now?

Pendragon: I do not know what you are referring to. I’ve been in this state for the last ten hours, both clearing my soul through fasting and enriching my mind through concentration. This room is my personal dojo.

Personnel: Then what’s with the gym bag?

⚔️They open the lights and Pendragon’s gym bag is shown. Comically and out of place, Pendragon with a mask on is seated in a meditation position without a shirt and in shorts. He lets the moment hang for a second as if to win through will, before giving in to being caught. ⚔️

Pendragon: Okay, you got me.

Personnel: You know, all we want to do is take pictures, take the damn mask off, ⚔️Pendragon begins reaching for his mask. ⚔️️ and you better not have face paint under there! ⚔️️Pendragon stops and puts his hand down.⚔️️ Seriously?

Pendragon: Sorry, me don’t know how to take photoshoots. I am shy.

Personnel: Is that really why we can’t get photos of you? Let alone with all that stuff on your face off.

Pendragon: Where I come from, we did not participate in the culture of taking pictures of everything. I always feel abnormal.

Personnel: Do you know how badly you need more photos? You make it really difficult for the staff to get material to put you on SSW advertisement! Many people have had it with you! You have no idea what would happen to you if the graphic department got their hands on you!

Pendragon: ⚔️Barely able to contain a laugh and being ironic.⚔️I hope that I never meet them.

⚔️They all take a look at the camera and laugh, before they leave Pendragon alone. Pendragon signals for the camera to focus on his facial mask area to be less comical. ⚔️

But Nova-san, I am glad to meet you! I wanted to showcase that everyone has little quirks and inability to fit in sometimes, but that isn’t a reason why you of the Ronin cannot achieve greatness. True greatness. A greatness that strives for fighting for the heart of Strong Style Wrestling, and to make this place a better place for all of us. All Ronin needs is proper direction. After all, Ronin by definition are merely samurai without masters, wandering souls thought to be forgotten by the typical bushido code. You are their leader, just as I am the leader of Shoot Nation, YOU could be giving your members proper direction. I reach out samurai to samurai, Hafu to Ronin, could we not point our swords at the wicked that seek to rule this company through tyranny and corruption? You must see it, how Tres Comas Club and the Phantom Troupe have sullied our beloved company with every blow they’ve landed on the heart of this place meant to pump honour, how they’ve only found satisfaction in their self interest that chokes out the freedom that is meant to be for everyone? Not to mention like spoiled fruit, rot starts attracting flies, and they are the reason why people like Scott Oasis think his land is breeding ground for scum like him. Be it the disciplined or the freaks, there is no place for us in a land where the oppression of naked greed and dishonour are crowned king. Look at your people Nova-san! Your numbers are dwindling by the day. You Ronin think being wild and marching at the beat of your own drum is all it takes to live happily, but in the winter the lone wolf dies and the pack survives! Even you symbols of independence must come to understand why collectives exist, the rights of individuals never last if they don’t stand together! You Ronin should be helping us of Shoot Nation against these forces! Nova-san, I know you are stubborn and untameable, like all great women are, but do not fall into traps of macho inability to take and give a helping hand in times of urgency! I won the Heaven’s Arena Cup, throwing the mad titan Gronk off Mount Olympus, but even I know our work is far from over……The Red Strife wages on against all that wish to destroy what we can build! I can only hope in this bloody war, that I can inspire my Shoot Nation compatriots to fight on as I have, lead by example.

Iron sharpens iron, whether traditional or unconventional, we samurai both wield blades that will only make each other better when we clash! In that ring, in that dojo, we will witness how each other leads, and leadership will strengthen leadership. Of course, with all due respect I give you, I intend to win this battle. After battling and defeating the mentor of Shoot Nation in Kawada-sama, it would be disgraceful if I allowed attempting to build good terms be enough to throw me off my game. It would be a dishonour on your name if I didn’t take you seriously. So then know, the same lightning that came down on Gronk like Zeus’s thunderbolt upon the titans, will be what you are facing in this fierce contest. Can you survive the Rakurai? From the heavens and cracking the sky, your name put against mine has drawn it to you. Making your hair stand on end, a thunderclap slapping the taste out of your mouth, and robbing you of your other senses, there is no escape…….there is only the test of your mettle against it! Beasts and fine men alike have fallen victim to it, what would make you not be brought low from it too? My peer, I await to see what you can do within the upcoming storm.

⚔️End.⚔️

落雷
on June 8th 2018, 9:22 pmMasanori Kawada

"ALL-MIGHT" MASANORI KAWADA
Versus Aria Jaxon
Entry: 1 -- Word Count: 613

Too worked this week. Neutral

"Supremacy only raised more questions then it revealed answers. Although we picked up the Heavens Arena Cup with Jaydanes victory over Gronk -- a victory I had no doubt in my mind he would achieve -- that night for the rest of the Shoot Nation was one of disappointment. Apparition; unable to capture the Heritage Championship. Mizarki; trumped by Ronin's leader Tarah Nova in solidifying the number 1 contenders position. Santiago; thwarted by the scoundrel John Doe. And, possibly the hardest pill to swallow, was the defeat of myself and Belle Kingsley, fingertips away from the Freebird Tag Team Championships. Although we claimed the prize we needed in the end, that doesn't mean we live through the glory of the individual. We shouldn't pat ourselves on the back when the majority of us couldn't find similar success that night. No. No, the thing we should take away most from Supremacy is that we as a collective need to push ourselves further; that we have to push past our own limitations and go that extra step beyond. With all due respect to Jaydane Pendragon; I refuse to play second fiddle. I refuse to be looked at as the lesser of two men, so I myself have to push myself further than I already have to be on the same level, if not a level above all who oppose the Shoot Nation. The Phantom Troupe being the ever-persistent example, with their appointed queen looking down as she sits on her throne of glass. I have an issue with people who see themselves as royalty, especially people who are entitled enough to believe that is how things must be and the people who have enabled that idea by handing them everything on a silver platter. Aria Jaxon since coming to SSW has been handed everything by her faction. For proof, look no further than the championship on her waist. That is by far the greatest injustice that currently plagues this company, the stain that besmirches the image of our livelihood. I don't deny that she is a formidable competitor, her career up to her signing to this very company has been nothing but a testament to that. But the glorified self-entitlement that has only grown from that formidability is what must be brought to justice. To her I have but only one question; how much is enough? How much is enough for one to look into the mirror and see the person they have become? Until they see how little they deserve the privileges they have? Until they realise that a rouge gallery can hand them everything, but can also take away the feeling of deserving anything? Finally, what would the past Aria Jaxon, the woman little girls looked up to and dressed up like, the woman who was a role model to girls and women everywhere, what would she say to the woman who stands here today? I don't believe you have asked these questions to yourself at all, Aria, and I doubt you took these questions into consideration when you signed your name on the dotted line and joined the faction you find yourself in. But this is no longer a case of forgive and forget. No, that option would be excursised far too late for forgiveness to lessen the prosecution that will come your way, and your encounter with the Everlasting Hero is but a sample of the justice that will soon come your way. Because I have a feeling Jaydane will use his Heaven Arena Cup oppertunity to correct this injustice, and I want to prove that I could very much do what he will enevitably do if our roles were reversed."

BRACE YOURSELF!
on June 8th 2018, 8:49 pmSaul Omen
The Song of Saul Omen: Chapter IX

[Scenes are shown of the battle that had taken place at Supremacy for the SSW Freebird Tag Team Championships between all of the four warring factions of Strong Style Wrestling. However, a snarl of disdain and anger can be heard in the background right before the result of the war happens, where The One True Pairing claims victory and the tag team championships at the expense of CM Nas to where Saul Omen was unable to bring assistance in his dire time on need. Suddenly, the moment starts to replay where it fades out to show the scene playing on a dark theater setting to where the moment was being played through a projector, but the snarl that sounded like an enraged beast happened once more to where it was followed by a resonant voice while the camera showed rows of empty seats as it panned.]

Voice: You failed… The one thing that you were asked to do, the one treasure that we demanded that you claim from the ignorant cynics that denounce me, you failed to capture it. Tribute was demanded for the gifts that you were given and now, you have released that tribute of gold into the clutches of another. What do you have to say about that, Saul?

[The camera returns over towards the man himself, Saul Omen, looking at the view of the moment he lost the SSW Freebird Tag Team Championships to The One True Pairing with disdain written upon his face. A burning scowl of hatred as he rubs his hand across his mouth with frustration before glancing back at the picture upon the screen.]

Saul Omen: I will correct this, you have my word. The world has already seen the glory of your works through the broken bodies that have been left by me in your name, they will understand that this moment will be forgotten through time. The One True Pairing, they were lucky and shall be dealt with at another time, but we have other ants that need to be disposed of. I want to remain focused on the vermin that decided to bring themselves into the equation when I intend to give an adequate tribute to resolve our loss of the treasure you seek. The vermin of Shoot Nation, the celebrated hero of Brian Daniels, and the recent rogue that has attempted to turn a new leaf in Stark… that’s who our violence should be placed upon.

[Saul winces as if in pain to where he hunches down, cradling the sides of his head to where you can see his hand tensing from it, as his face is hidden underneath the darkness and the chairs.]

Voice: The way that I see, you do as you are commanded. You bring your violence unto those that you have been told to do. All others are nothing, but these men have brought insult and shame unto us. You shall be allowed to show them why that shame cannot be tolerated and deliver the swiftest of justice in my name. Once this Shoot Nation and their allies are dealt with, the path towards claiming a treasure in my name shall be demanded.

[Saul gasps out as if he had been given the first gasp of air to where what looks to be dark patches onto his skin finally revert back to the natural skin color. He nodded his head before wiping his brow as he collected himself.]

Saul Omen: Stark… he’s the one that has been placed before us to make an example out of and rest assured, he shall be proud when he walks into that ring. Pride brought forth because of the recent discarding of the chairman that had denied him the credit that he felt he was due, to be held in the same regard of legend that has been stretched out through the ages of this sport, but we don’t find his victory to be all that impressive. Jacob Senn was a man born of weakness, born of overcoming said weakness with violence and pride himself, and has shown that he needs to remain behind the desk that he has been placed at. Stark might have proven be victorious against an aged husk like him, but he should know that this will be a battle that he shall hold no pride within its conclusion, just humiliation and agony. Stark, you have inserted yourself into a war that didn’t even include you. The Phantom Troupe left you the body of Jacob Senn, a man that we could have dealt with in the same regard that we did to Brian Daniels, but you were greedy. You made sure to insert yourself into the situation to and for what reason other than to be able to make the mistake of aligning with Shoot Nation? This war has belonged to The Phantom Troupe since the inception, the war has always been ours to win, and once you realize that when I bring redemption upon the humiliation The Phantom Troupe suffered… maybe you’ll realize that this war will never end in your favor with Shoot Nation. You shall be the sacrificial lamb that shall provide tribute for us from what happened at Supremacy, the tribute that shall redeem us from the failures that we have committed, and after your ego has been slain… the rest of the Shoot Nation shall fall beneath us. Brian Daniels, Masanori Kawada, Jaydayne Pendragon, Belle Kingsley, you name them… they shall fall before us. At the end of this, the world shall have the memory that even the greatest of heroes and those that attempt to join them in their vainglory are never immune to death. They will know the hallowed words of…

Memento Mori.
on June 8th 2018, 4:55 pmSteven Cassidy
[A video package of the returning Steven Cassidy plays. I would like to say it's a bunch of highlights, but there are none. The video emphasizes Steven's struggles in his short stint with SSW. Including his first match against Koji Senju (his Ronin stablemate), who later took Steven under his wing and mentored him. Then Jan. 28th, 2017 shows up on the screen and the generic cheesy music in the background is muted. We see John Doe attacking both Steven and Koji after their tag match. Steven had to watch as Doe ended Koji's career as Saul held him back. Next, we see Doe hit Steven with the Killing Joke, with a few replays showing the impact of the deadly move. Blood rushes down his face as medics surround him. This is the last image SSW fans saw of Steven - a bloody mess. Most thought we would never see Steven again, that he would do the "smart" thing and count his blessings in the sense that he can still function. But nope, Steven is back as he is sitting backstage, ready to address the audience with a message. Steven looks noticeably different. He has put on some lean muscle and actually grew a beard, which most people thought he was incapable of doing because he was basically just a boy the last time we saw him.]

Most of you don't remember who I am and I don't blame you. During my short time in SSW, I failed in more ways than one. For starters, I failed to leave a lasting impression. Which sure, would've been difficult to do because I was only here for a cup of coffee, but still, I could have shown something. Such as a snippet of potential or a bit of personality, but I did neither of those things. Instead, I let fear get in the way. I let fear dictate my career, my dream because if I was met face to face with rejection, I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. You see I was always the quiet kid growing up because I lacked confidence. And because I lacked confidence, I didn't like opening my mouth because I feared saying the wrong thing. That and because I tend to stumble over my words when I am under stress - something you heard the last time I was here. But the biggest thing I feared - and what kept me away even when I was cleared to return is The Phantom Troupe, more specifically, John Doe. If I still had my manager, Bruce Whitmore with me he would have slapped me upside the head just now for admitting such a truth - and yeah, it is a truth. But I guess I should further explain this fear because I don't fear John Doe the man. I have wrestled him once before and I cannot wait to get a second crack at him at some point in the future. To me, Doe is more of a symbol. Every time I look at him, I am unfortunately reminded of the time my friend - my only friend in this business really, was put down. And the hardest part was I couldn't do anything about it. No matter how badly I tried to scratch and claw from Saul's tight grip, I made zero progress. The energy I once had was drained from the match that took place just moments prior. Truth be told, if I could have switched places with Koji, I would have. No question about it. Because unlike me, Koji was accomplished. He had world title reigns, he main evented pay-per-views, he sold out merch like hotcakes. While I have nothing. And sure, there is a valid reason for that as I am still just a rookie while Koji was a crafty veteran. But that doesn't change the fact that I am still here with the feeling of emptiness. The two people that I associated myself with the most are now gone. Koji because of what happened to him at the hands of Doe and Bruce Whitmore, who decided that managing me was no longer worth his time because I was destined for a lifetime of failure, as he put it. From what I've shown up to this point, I don't blame him. The old Steven Cassidy was a lost cause. He was unsure of himself and he was scared of the unknown. But the Steven Cassidy you see today is different. The man looking into the camera lens has confidence, passion, and determination! I am starving for success and I am not letting anyone stop me from reaching that destination of success - including myself. 

In the past, I was in my head too much. Doubting what I am capable of and focusing on my weaknesses and limitations instead of the strengths I could build on. I am done with that way of thinking. I am done being a Negative Nancy. I am done being a Debbie Downer. I am done being a worrywart. This second chance is about redeeming myself. I can't fool around. I can't lurk in the background. I need to be at the forefront of the action. I need to prove that Brian Daniels was right when he first signed me. By doing so, I need to unlock my potential and finally use it - and it all starts tomorrow night when I take on Ronin's, Shaun Till. Make no mistake about it, this journey isn't a sprint, but a marathon - a process. Redeeming myself won't happen in one night, but it can be a building block. This week, I showcase my improvements, my growth as a professional wrestler. Unfortunately, this statement of mine will come at the expense of Ronin. That stable clearly has a special place in my heart. It's where I got my start and met my mentor. However, the Ronin I see today is a little different. There are some new faces, such as the leader of it all, Tarah Nova - someone I have the utmost respect for after keeping an eye on her career for quite some time. So to say a piece of me will always be a part of Ronin is a fair statement because that is where the outcasts/leftovers go. And that's what I am. But today, I bleed Shoot Nation. Which makes sense since the primary color is red, but I digress. The point is, Shoot Nation has welcomed me with open arms and it all began with Masanori Kawada when he attempted to save Koji and I back in January - while my Ronin Stablemates stayed backstage. But I don't fault them for that because that's just who Ronin was back then. Everyone was in it for themselves. However, Shoot Nation is the complete opposite. It is a tight-knit group and I for one love it. For the past few months I have trained alongside their young lions and I cannot wait to build relationships and trust with the Shoot Nation members as time progresses. But that is in the future and for now, I want to focus on the present and more specifically, my match against Shaun Till. Just like myself, since joining SSW, Shaun Till has had a tough go at things. Losing a few matches right off the bat can be a confidence and momentum killer, but it's nothing you can't recover from. Writing off Shaun this early would be a mistake. A mistake I won't commit. Underestimating your opponents is a dangerous game, a game I want no part of. When I look at Shaun, I see the potential, even when others don't after his performance at Supremacy. But one performance does not define you as a wrestler. You learn from your mistakes and you move on. Just like this is me finally moving on. Dwelling on the past is no longer a concern of mine. It's something I can't control, while my destiny? That's a completely different story. And my destiny to the top is right around the corner, in fact, it begins as soon as tomorrow night. Like I said, I am not letting anyone stop me this time, including you Shaun. This week I get a tally in the win column for a change. It's long overdue, really.
on June 8th 2018, 12:42 pmThe One True Pairing

The camera shakes as it turns on - showing a visibly annoyed Cassius Corleone standing in a hallway of the mansion he and Sakura share. The sound of someone moving around behind the camera can be heard as Cassius only grows angrier the more time passes.

Cash: Is it ready or is it ready? I don’t have time to wait on you.

Cameraman Mac: Uhm…. Yeah, I think… I think we’re good.

Cassius smiles and adjusts his suit, staring directly into the camera.

Cash: Welcome. Welcome to the brave new World you all now belong in. One ruled by the collective unit of YOUR Lovebird World Tag Team Champions, Cassius and Sakura Corleone. There’s so many people to thank and things to do, but my Cherry Blossom and I have always lived by the “time is money” philosophy in that we don’t waste time taking into account the things others have done for us throughout life, nor the things to come in the future that aren’t yet at our doorstep. Instead, we take a machete and cut through the thicket of bullshit to find what’s most important here when it all comes down to it, and that happens to be us. The ONLY World that means anything is the one The One True Pairing lives in. A World where the meager threats who come to challenge us are smacked down to the ground and put in the dirt where they belong, and come nowhere close to capturing a victory, let alone our gold. A World that doesn’t allow others in, but still forces its power onto this World you’ve all come to know and love. A World where you’ve all foolishly convinced yourselves that you are safe - that you can survive and even thrive so long as you work hard and stick to your morals and persevere. We are the ones who will strip that away from you, and emphatically. Do you know what that means? If you can’t keep up with my words, allow me to surgically slice through each and every single insignificant barrier you peasants put up that we break down with ease. The ones you build to keep people like us out. One of pride, and one of determination, and one of endurance, and one of tenacity, and one of will… And finally, one of desperation. Until you’ve got nothing left. Until you’re just naked before your peers and your fans and we leave you far less than the person you were when you decided to be the proud that challenged the throne.

Cassius smiles with a sadistic grin as he gestures for the camera to follow him. Cameraman Mac hesitantly obliges as they walk down the hallway.

Cash: I’m not going to bother naming any names. Tomorrow night, my Cherry Blossom and I are going to take three more stray dogs and put them into the ground. It doesn’t matter what their names are, and it never has. They don’t make tombstones for stray dogs, after all, so what does it really matter?

A loud sound is heard going off somewhere downstairs as Cassius reaches a door at the end of the hallway. He lets out a sigh of relief, looking very pleased before turning back to the camera. Cassius opens the door as he and Cameraman Mac descend down a flight of stairs.

Cash: My Cherry Blossom and I could have celebrated. I mean, we DID very much celebrate, but that celebration wasn’t exactly something we could go putting on camera, so instead we’ve got something special in mind. Something special just for our three precious victims. They don’t have names, but they do have one unified term that we’ve all come to know as “Shoot Nation”. And what really IS “Shoot Nation”? Well, here’s what The One True Pairing think it is. We think it’s a collective unit of poor, uneducated, unexceptional pieces of garbage that didn’t meet the requirements to be a part of Tres Comas Club, and so they banded together like the other freaks have, from a Phantom Troupe or a Ronin, and they built their delusion brick by brick. So much until it became a fortress of idiocy filled with people who convinced themselves that their fight matters. That their morals mean jack shit in this World. That they MEAN something. No. They mean less than nothing. Their ways mean less than the dirt they should be crawling in, and we will fucking rip apart their ways and dissect every single thing they hold dear until there’s nothing left but a beautiful carnage for us to finish playing with and move on to the next obstacle. Their old, broken down, lame fucking traditions will die with the rest of them while we live on - while Tres Comas Club thrives and while The One True Pairing stands on top of it all as the King…

A loud gunshot goes off as the camera shakes - frightened. Cassius smiles as he steps up to a focused Sakura Corleone, holding a large handgun at their home shooting range. Cassius gets behind Sakura, putting his hands on her waist and kissing her.

Cash: … And Queen of Soulmate Style.

Cassius holds Sakura as she smiles, the two of them whisper something to one another for several moments before Cassius looks back at the camera while Sakura points her handgun towards the shooting range.

Cash: You see, we’ve never been particular to your ways. Your fucking old, decrepit ways where you all take your precious puroresu and hold it so near and dear to your hearts. You know what you’ve done? You’ve all decided to dig down deep into the dirt and make a mess with your bare hands, and you dig, and you dig, and you dig… Until what do you find? Tell them what they find, my Cherry Blossom.

Sakura: Of course, my Cassius. They found nothing but an old time capsule filled with relics. Nobody cares about “Strong Style” anymore, my love, it’s all about our Soulmate Style.

Cassius kisses Sakura before turning his focus back towards the camera.

Cash: I couldn’t have said it better myself. You live in an age that died a long, long time ago. Each and every one of you. It’s not cute. It’s not endearing. It’s fucking pathetic, and you all should be incredibly ashamed of yourselves for even entertaining the NOTION that you could carry this cross towards salvation instead of your inevitable crucifixion! Unreal!

Sakura and Cassius laugh before kissing again.

Sakura: It’s alright, my Cassius, don’t mind them. After tomorrow, they’ll be in the past where they belong.

Cash: You’re so right, my Cherry Blossom, the past IS where they belong. It’s where they prefer to live, after all. I could go on and on about the people in their little group and specify what’s absolutely, repulsively fucking pathetic about each one, but why waste our breath? Why should WE be the ones to wag a finger and put these cretins on display for the World to see once we’ve humiliated? That isn’t our job. It never was. Our job is to sweep them out of the way, because in all honesty, they’re doing nothing but wasting space and filthying up our fucking ring. In case you three aren’t on the up and up, my Cherry Blossom and I recommend that you put in the tape of Supremacy and watch how the entire audience turns their backs on you and Ronin and the Phantom Troupe in favor of The One True Pairing, and that isn’t out of some sheer popularity contest. It’s out of MIGHT. It’s out of domination. It’s out of the fact that we are the most powerful alliance you have ever or will ever see in your entire Goddamn lives! It’s not boasting! It’s not throwing our weight around! It’s a cold, hard, fucking fact of life that you people just don’t want to accept, and you know what? That’s alright. You’ve all managed to successfully live in blissful ignorance for this long, so why stop now? Why the fuck would you stop now? Why would you even bother opening your eyes and accepting reality?!

Sakura: It’s alright, my love, don’t waste your time. They won’t learn. They never do.

Cash: You’re right again, my Cherry Blossom. They never do. They’re going to be stomped into the ground tomorrow night, and not even comprehend why. They don’t understand why they weren’t good enough. All that matters is that WE know. You and I are the only thing that matters in this World, and that’s exactly why we survive while they’re picked off one by one. They spend their pathetic existences looking for the appropriate hill to die on while The One True Pairing is immortal in every way. It’s why we are the Lovebird World Tag Team Champions. It’s why Shoot Nation has never, and will never taste this gold. It belongs to us by right. We took what belonged to us, and tomorrow night, we take what’s left of them. They’ll go back to the drawing board and wonder where they went wrong, but never grasp it. Their little faction will never get why they couldn’t get the job done against The One True Pairing, even when it’s looking them right in the face. Even when they don’t understand that they’re looking straight down the barrel of its gun...

Sakura grins as she aims the gun towards the shooting range.

Cash: You see, “Shoot Nation”, this is how WE shoot. We don’t play around with your fighting spirit bullshit. We don’t waste our time with your ways of using sheer willpower to break through the competition by force. We sure as shit ain’t using our precious time living and dying by an old, rusted sword. Time is money, after all, and who knows money better than us? Who knows money better than Tres Comas Club? You waste your existence shooting to win, but The One True Pairing…

Cassius kisses Sakura as she squeezes the trigger.

Cash: We shoot to kill.

The gun goes off as the camera turns towards the shooting range, revealing cutouts of The Apparition, Belle Kingsley, and Shinati Mizarki - all filled with several bullet holes.

on June 8th 2018, 2:43 amThe One True Pairing

Sakura scratches the side of her eye with the back of her hand as she wakes up from her sleep, feeling the comfortable blue satin blanket against her skin. It took time to find the strength to sit up, but she finally did it for this is another day she spends with her one true love Cassius. She looks beside her to the right, and he wasn't there.

Sakura Corleone: Cassius? Hmm.. He must have gotten up early.

Sakura then removes the blanket that was wrapped around her. She had nothing on but a pink shirt and white shorts, and she walks around barefoot feeling the rug touch the soles of her feet on the floor. She then stops at one table of the big room, and saw the picture of Cash and Sakura together in a frame as it stands for display. Next to it was the SSW Freebird Tag Team Championship, which since then they have renamed the SSW LOVE-bird Tag Team Championships. She admired the sight of gold.

The smell of pancakes then teased Sakura's nostrils as soon as she opened the bedroom door. Cassius was just nearby and he always made the best pancakes with fresh cherries and whipped cream on top. Sakura with her small silent feet rushed to go downstairs and see Cassius. 

Sakura slowly peeks from the side of the wall, hoping that Cassius wouldn't detect her. Cassius wore his long-sleeved shirt and pants under a white apron. He was also wearing a chef's hat, which Sakura found very cute. She admired him from behind the wall division, and Cassius had no idea that he was being watched. Sakura then tip toes towards Cassius and hugs him tightly from behind as he was making the pancakes. 

Cassius Corleone: Good morning, my Cherry Blossom.

Sakura Corleone: Good morning! You're up early. 

Cassius Corleone: That, I am. You were sleeping so soundly and so cute, I didn't want to wake you, so I thought I'd make us your favorite. 

Cassius tosses the pancakes right out of the pan and catches it with a plate where the others were stacked, he placed the fresh cherries and added the whipped cream on top, exactly the way Sakura wanted it, all while she was tightly hugging him from behind. Sakura then let go as it was time to have some breakfast, she quietly sits down at the stool next to the kitchen counter and Cassius serves two plates of stacked pancakes for both of them.

Cassius Corleone: Today's a beautiful day, Sakura! Not only do I get to spend the day with my cherry blossom, but we also get to look forward to another blood bath on Saturday. 

Sakura's eyes widen with excitement.

Sakura Corleone: REALLY? We have a match? 

Cassius Corleone: Why, yes, my love. Giftwrapped with love and comes with separate body bags from the Shoot Nation. We win the Lovebird Tag Team Championships and officially proved that the One True Pairing is the only team or "Faction" worth thinking about, and not the rest of these social outcasts could stop us if they tried.

Sakura Corleone: Now after we have destroyed the inferior tag teams from other Factions, they decide to bring in more idiots to face us? Are they trying to kill the entire roster? Or do they just want to see us wrestle again no matter what to cost? 

Sakura keeps on browsing her phone to determine the team she is facing with Cassius.

Sakura Corleone: Oh hey! A familiar face! Isn't that the dumb whore who made herself look like an idiot during our match back at Supremacy? Isn't that the one who was tagged as the Office Slut not even a week after she started because that tub of lard Gronk was smashing her like crazy? I remember, I remember! It's Belle Kingsley! She is the same girl that called us the One True Cringe Pairing just because she couldn't rely on Masanori, but come on! It's hardly our fault that we are better, more likeable and more attractive than any of them combined! The fact that Belle Kingsley is so jealous of that is plain obvious. She is trying to edge us out. She is trying to be the superior pairing with Gronk. She is trying to make sure that all attention is on her, but she can't when the crowd is chanting OTP in her presence. Such a sad young career... pulling her thongs and lifting her skirt so people would notice her better and think for even two seconds that she has something that resembles a talent... She almost had the audience, she almost captured their attention enough to get her recognized as part of the Tag Team Match, but the One True Pairing rained on her parade and smudged her eyeliner into such a heart breaking defeat because no matter how you act, true fans recognize true wrestlers when they see them in the ring... And that's how The One True Pairing left an impression! 

Cassius Corleone: Sometimes you have to put bitter people in place, my love. Or else they start to tell their own twisted version of what happened. The only truth that the world should be concerned about is One True Pairing's victory.

Sakura Corleone: Very true, dealing with these people leave a sour taste in my mouth, but the spectacular pancakes that you've made this morning turns it into something sweet again!

Cassius Corleone: I'm glad you like it, my Sakura!

Sakura Corleone: From what they have all said, it seems like they don't plan on working as a team, but will do their best individually to take down the evil that is Tres Comas Club. Now I'm not going to defend TCC and what people like us represent, or justify our actions along with Andre Virgo... but these people seem to be more concerned about our acts and intentions than the fact that we deliver results. We placed our foot forward no matter how tough the situation gets, and we get hostility and hate... while they have done nothing but display their inadequacy, and they expect to get pity? No, no, no... Things don't work that way. Just because the results did not go the way you planned, doesn't mean that you have to cry foul. They need to take responsibility for their Faction's misgivings and incapabilities, and admit to themselves once and for all that no matter what they do or how many small victories they have gathered, they will always be beneath One True Pairing. Do you know what the real problem is? They never talk to each other! They just do their own thing and flap their lips to create meaningless words without assurance that their partners would have their back, so when the going gets tough and they are caught in a helpless situation, there is no one to save them because it is every man for himself. I look at Shinati Mizarki and it is what I see -- a lone wolf with intentions that the other two are not concerned with. Belle Kingsley or the Apparition won't care if they lost the match because of him, so long as it wasn't them that got fed to The One True Pairing! And all this talk about unity by The Apparition, it's all just blind belief without any true basis, because based on what I've seen, you all want different things. Sure the Shoot Nation has these priceless things like "honor" or "integrity", but they seem to forget that the honor and integrity that he speaks of is nothing but a figment... It can easily be broken into pieces for it is a fragile and delicate shard of illusion that people believe themselves to have but never do deep down. The Shoot Nation is full of flaws and missteps, and it is a very bad idea to be open about the things you're not good at to those who believe themselves to be perfect. And I am willing to bet that it's how The One True Pairing ensures victory once more. 

Cassius Corleone: To be honest with you, my Cherry Blossom, they all look the same to me... Let's kick their asses and prove why we are the best team that Strong Style Wrestling will ever see.

Sakura Corleone: Of course, my Cassius! 

Sakura touches Cassius' cheek with her left hand, looking deep into his eyes. 

Sakura Corleone: We will win this. They can insult the Tres Comas Club all they want, but once you speak ill of the One True Pairing, there would be a different set of brutal consequences that will come your way. 

Sakura then looks down to her plate and toys with the cherries on top of the pancakes with her fork, as she smiles.

Sakura Corleone: If I have to break them one by one while you sit and watch from a distance, I would... If I have to end all of their careers right as you're watching, I would. If I have to become your wildcard and hit them all with bats just to prove the point that we are far superior, I would. But I know that you want to get your hands dirty, so we will end all of them together. 

Cassius Corleone: I'm just glad to see you so happy and hyped up, my Sakura! I'm so lucky to have such an amazing wife. 

Sakura Corleone: And I'm just as lucky to have an incredible husband! We'll show the world how to dominate as the SSW Lovebird Tag Team Champions! 

Cash and Sakura smile at each other as they continue to have a peaceful breakfast. 

If you want love, then the love has to come from you. That's the unspoken rule of the One True Pairing. They both give their love, their heart and soul, their everything to each other as one admires and values the other's worth even on a normal day. They talk about life, their likes and dislikes, and they give their all to make each other happy. They just won't accept anything less than that. 

on June 8th 2018, 12:21 amThe Apparition
*Through the back alleys of the thriving urban metropolis that is Osaka, Japan, hidden in the backstreets and alleyways sits an ambiguous looking sublet of a much larger building, with an old rickety sign simply reading ‘ジム*

*As the camera crew walks into the equally dilapidated and run-down gymnasium, a dreary-eyed retiree guarding the mostly abandoned estate points them towards the centre of arena – A makeshift boxing ring, where one figure stands domineering over a masked man, draped over in a Gotch Bridge*

*Both men hold onto a 20kg medicine ball, but while the Apparition holds his directly over his chest, as half of the weight of his body is pressed directly on the top of his head, one of the Shoot Nation trainees is constantly throwing his ball into The Apparition’s stomach, on the commands of his overclassman*

“Again”

“Again”

“Again”

“…Again”

“Again”

“Again”

“….Again”

“Again”

“Again”

*With the kickoff of the Strong Survive Tour just days away, The Apparition keeps on grimacing through the repeated punishment as the Young Lion begins to shrug his shoulders in between reps to help release the strain. After at least 30 shots to the gut, The Apparition finally throws the ball over his head, and rolls up back to his feet. He quickly shakes the rookie’s hand, before collapsing onto the ropes in exhaustion*

*Taking a few sips from a water bottle his mentee passed to him, what can be seen of The Forgotten One’s face looked like it had gained a dozen years in a matter of two weeks. His eyes sullen and despondent. His mouth constantly pursed and no longer lit up with the smug confidence he had before his referee stoppage loss to Khmaoch Sangkat*

I’ve never been good at admitting my own limitations.

Now that I have come to think of it, this is my first time wrestling in my 30s. It was nice when so many years ago I was one of the fastest men in professional wrestling. Then a few years later, and I decided that I wanted to be one of the pound-for-pound strongest men in wrestling, and I succeeded in that as well! For so many years, I was able to flip from any sort of athletic profile that I thought would help me succeed, and as long as I had a few months to do it in I was all set.

Obviously this isn’t an excuse. I mean, damn. Sangkat is almost 20 years older than me, and he gave me as comprehensive of a defeat as I have ever had. But I suppose that is the thing with people who never left wrestling. While their gears are getting battered around and worn out, they are at least all still turning. Never getting rusty, never falling out of place.

When I was passing out to Khmaoch’s Rolling Butterfly Lock, there was a second before I completely lost consciousness when I realised that I had lost. I tried my best to muscle my way out of the hold, but eventually you get to a point where you know you’ve been defeated. It’s always the same feeling, every time you are dealt with the finishing blow. When you are hit so hard that you know that you can’t kick out of a pinfall, or in my case when I knew I was going to pass out because I just didn’t have enough oxygen flowing into my brain. A smarter man than I would have tapped out, but this is the thing most people never realise. The second before you pass out in a submission hold, it feels like an hour. You can’t do anything, but your mind is flooded by thoughts, and hard truths that you have to address to move forward.

My first thought of course was purely reactionary. “Damn it. I should have never left my office job”. Then it goes onto the fact that I just wasn’t good enough. Then maybe that I have lost what made me great, and that I will never be good enough to match my ambitions. Your mind goes to every dark place imaginable as you face imminent defeat. But then, a new thought crossed my mind.

“How am I going to get better?”

In a lot of ways, it is good that it was Khmaoch Sangkat who gave me my first decisive loss in SSW. If it was some 20 year old rookie, I might have conceded that I am an old man playing a young man’s game. But the fact is, after decades in the industry, Khmaoch is still probably the most dangerous man in Strong Style Wrestling. So if he can do that at 50, why can’t I do something similar at 30?

So now, I head onto my next test. I failed against the SSW Heritage Champion, so now I face the Jr Heavyweight and Freebird Tag Team Champions. …Well, I suppose they are all the Freebird Champions, but if not for Cassius and Sakura’s, let’s call it unique relationship, maybe the belt would have been in the hands of Shoot Nation.

This is the thing that frustrates me the most. Losing to Khmaoch is one thing. He was the better wrestler on the day, so I can’t be disappointed in my loss. To see another group dominate and control half of the company’s titles, when their entire existence is based on them having no honour, no integrity, and nothing but greed? I am too proud of a person to not be a little bit offended that the Tres Comas Club has so much, while Shoot Nation only has Pendragon’s recent Heaven’s Arena Cup to lean on.

As a collective, we definitely aren’t meeting up to expectations. I lost my chance at holding a belt, and Belle and Shinati were just fingertips away from saving their championship aspirations. I will say, though, I do find it funny that I am the only one of this current contingency of Shoot Nation to have suffered a comprehensive defeat at Supremacy, and yet I got the highest praise by the former leader of Tres Comas Club.

I would try to mock the division which was brought about by Andre’s leadership, but let’s face it. Shoot Nation is a strongly unified front, and we have been punked out repeatedly as a group. Obviously cash is a great unifier, so while my opponents this week have been battling over who gets to wear the captain’s hat, this hasn’t affected their results. It’s kind of sickening, but this is the reality of who we have to face this week. Three performers who are egotistical, full of themselves, and in the case of one of your members, completely fucking insane.

So how do we win? Well, it’s simple. We just do our best. It’s so corny, I legitimately feel uncomfortable even saying it, but as a group and as individuals, Shinati, Belle and I just have to exhibit exactly what brought us all to Strong Style Wrestling, and Shoot Nation in particular. While the TCC might be united in their desire to reign in the Fukuzawas, we have our own fighting spirit to put us through.

Although God knows if that is enough…

*The passion and drive which had been putting the Apparition through his speech dropped in less than a second. His face turned pale, his face began to mildly convulse as he stared down on the floor in defeat, and the core training he had just been involved with suddenly seemed to hit him like a Mack truck*

*With a desperate smile, The Apparition stares back into the camera, with a brief glimpse of hope glimmering in his eyes. He nodded, then walked over to his trainee holding up some worn out kick-boxing pads*

*The screen fades to black, as a quick notice thanking the Yamada Prefectural Gym – Osaka Branch for the use of their facilities flashes up to complete the broadcast*
on June 7th 2018, 12:26 pmBelle Kingsley
Once again - kind of stings that Masanori and I did not walk out with the SSW Freebird Tag Team Championships at Supremacy. If I wasn’t pushed off the turnbuckle, I do believe the story would be different. I do believe that we would be standing here as champions, but the fact that we’re not is upsetting because we gave it our all in the match and it was not enough. We thought it was going to be enough, but instead, we are here witnessing a team just waltzing in like they own the place and being handed an SSW Freebird Tag Team Championship opportunity? Over teams that have been here for the past couple months, the one team who only had a match gets a title shot and wins the titles? It’s almost like a slap to our faces. It rubs me the wrong way and factions like the Phantom Troupe; factions like Tres Comas Club are the reason for that.

It is kind of sad when the only unification in the Tres Comas Club comes from One True Cringe Pairing. Other than that, it seems like Tres Comas Club is not fine at all. I know, people like Andre Virgo must be sick on a constant basis of people reminding him that Tres Comas Club’s foundation is in shambles. You had a weak leadership from Andre himself and by the looks of things, this man was not fit to be a leader, to begin with. Why was he the leader in the first place? He is definitely not the best member of the faction. He was just a man who was propped to be a leader. He was given the SSW Jr. Heavyweight Championship - literally, he was given the title and barely survived the match against GREED. He might as well thank the lucky stars that he still holds that championship because there is going to be someone better that is ready to dethrone him. 

As for One True Lame Pairing, I expect them not to give me anything at all, so what’s the point of wasting my time on them? They’ll constantly shout OTP because that’s the only reason people give a damn about them. Still, no one cares about them. They will never care about them. The may be the SSW Freebird Tag Team Champions, but all people see when they look at them are a bunch of jokes. These two are the face of Tres Comas Club? Might as well make Andre Virgo the face because he’s at least better than those two, but that is not saying much at all.

I think it’s time for Shoot Nation to get back on track and that starts with this match. Watch out, Tres Comas Club.
on June 6th 2018, 1:29 pmAndré Virgo
Vol: ONE

(André Virgo is sitting in a steel chair alone in a big, white empty room. He’s only wearing a durag and a white pair of trousers. The SSW Jr. Heavyweight Championship laid out on the ground next to him.)

No theatrics… No AMBIANCE… No colors, lights, incense. No, not this week friends and family. Not this week boys and girls. We aren’t going to play our games or sing our songs today we are going to sit here and think about what we have done. Let’s think about how some old hasbeen decided that I don’t deserve everything that I have built in my time in SSW! That it belongs to a greedy bastard who just wants to stroke his own ego. But people want to say how I didn’t earn the leadership of Tres Comas Club…

(Virgo grabs the strap of the SSW Jr. Heavyweight Championship and stands up presenting it to the camera.)

How I didn’t earn the right to hold this championship! You think I don’t deserve this!? Then fine! Take it!

(Virgo vaults the belt off camera followed by the impact of metallic slamming and scraping echoing through the room.)

I didn’t ask for Tomazeya’s help at Supremacy. I didn’t ask him to hit GREED in the back of the head because I know that in a fair fight GREED wasn’t walking away with anything. But now he has Tres Comas Club and you know what? It’s in much better shape then when I got ahold of it! You know who you can thank for that? ME! At the time of my child being taken away from me Tres Comas Club is holding half of the championships in SSW, 3 out of 5 if you count the Freebird belts as two titles. I did that! I signed the OTP to TCC! I held that belt with the goal of making it the number one prize in all of puroresu! I tried to push the rest of our abundant collection of talent towards greatness but there was a cancer in our group! There was a cancer and now it is leading us most likely to irrelevance! You know why the Puroresu Heavyweight Championship is not under the TCC umbrella? Because our representative in that match was too busy following the guidance of GREED to listen to the advice of his LEADER! You know why everyone else has amounted to nothing? Because they would rather listen to some pretty boy who flaunts his wealth than their leader who is a reigning and defending champion! You know why OTP was able to bring the Freebird Championships to Tres Comas Club, because they’re too obsessed with each other to pay any mind to the destructive influence diluting everyone else in this faction, and we cut some fat checks for these sheep too.

Regardless… André Virgo, leader or not, will always be the alpha when it comes to Tres Comas Club. As of right now, André Virgo and OTP seem to be the only members of this faction worthy of any recognition. Who’s gonna stop us? Shoot Nation? What has anyone from Shoot Nation ever accomplished? I mean, Pendragon may have won the Heaven’s Gate Tournament but why should I be intimidated by any of the gang they think is worth my time? Especially right now! The Apparition? He’s okay I guess. Belle Kingsley, nothing special. Shinati? He already got beaten by Racer and Jun, if he can’t take meatheads and traitors then I don’t see how he’s going to compete with the top three pillars of Tres Comas Club. It’s clear why Shoot Nation has done nothing but fail so far, look at who they send in the face of greatness. Maybe Pendragon won Heaven’s Gate but watch him fail to capitalize when the time comes. I’m the Alpha of this group and I don’t even know why I’m bothering to weigh in on this matter. OTP is more than capable of dealing with this.

*cell phone rings*

(Virgo pulls out a burner phone and answers it)

Hello?.. I’m listening...

on June 5th 2018, 2:12 amShinati Mizarki
>>The following takes place in the hours after Supremacy, where Shinati was unsuccessful in his quest to claim the number one contendership to the Heritage championship, a match that was ultimately won by Tarah Nova. Although he is disappointed, he knows that it is but a lesson in knowing where he needs to be; when he needs to be there. 

As impressive as he looked during the match, he was a millisecond too late when it all counted most, which is all Tarah needed in order to complete the pinfall and acquire the victory, not just for herself --- but also for the Ronin faction. Shinati is currently still in his wrestling attire and situated in the confines of his hotel room, where he is laying spread eagle atop his king sized bed.<<

"Again, I couldn't get the job done when it mattered. I failed, when everything was there to be won --- I let them all down. The fans, Shoot Nation and myself."

>>A soft breath floating into the air, Shinati feels his body body throbbing with the pain not just from the battle itself, but from his own failure, along with it attempting to relax. Attempting to bury the result in the past --- move forward to whatever may await him the next time SSW wish to call upon his services. 

In a match, that he already knows, due to management sending him a text message to inform in that it would be a 6 person tag match, where he would team up with the equally unsuccessful Apparition and Belle Kingsley, to take on the Tres Comas Club's triad of Andre Vigro and the One True Pairing, also known as Sakura and Cassius Corleone, the reigning freebird tag team champions<<

"It can't continue to be this way --- I can't continue to be seen as the one who goes out there and gives as good a fight as he can, only to fall flat when the time comes to actually fulfil my promise. When the time comes to convert my potential, into tangible victories. I might only be 'new' to this business, I might still only be 20 years of age, but that is irrelevant --- for when you step between those ropes, you are seen as being just like anyone else. Any respect you might have, is tied to how you actually acquire results and right now, I don't have anything to 'hang my hat on'. To command the respect that I crave."

>>Slightly sitting up, a gentle tear makes its way down the right hand side of his cheek, his words conveying the emotions flowing through him. Those of frustration and annoyance that no matter what he tries, no matter how much he tries to retain the 'purity' and customs that Wrestling holds, he hasn't actively progressed the cause in the one place that it matters most. That being, the very ring he swore to use as his sanctuary. Raising his right hand, he runs it through his hair, feeling his own annoyance linger inside of him.<<

" And only *I* can change that. No matter how much I work with those within Shoot Nation --- no matter how much I imprint inside of my mind each day, the only person who can *truly* change my own fortunes. The *only* person who can reverse my fortunes, is me. This week, commences that reversal, when along with two people I am proud to call my stablemates. 

No, that I am proud to call my friends in Apparition and Belle, when we walk into the ring and once more, show why we are the custodians of Japanese wrestling whilst ensuring that Tres Comas Club are unable to continue their passage of monopolising; sullying everything that we stand for.  Everything that has made this industry what it is today."

>>A smile crosses Shinati's face, as he realises that in order to bury his failure; in order to truly progress as a wrestler. No, progress as a person, then he must cast that defeat to one side and focus on the match that has been laid ahead of him. A task, that gives him an opportunity to finally stake his value within not just Shoot Nation, but also within the scope of SSW itself.<<

"I don't know much about any of the trio we must face this week, but I shall be making sure that by the time the bell rings to commence the match, I know *exactly* what is required in order to fell them. What must be enacted, in order to walk out with the victory. What is required, in order to prove myself as being worthy of the respect that has been entrusted within me. 

The honour, that comes with competing under the label of 'Shoot Nation'. Something that I don't take lightly --- just like I never took the honour that has been instilled into me; the prestige I have been given by my mum and dad. Both of whom I hold within the highest regard."

>>Smiling, Shinati looks up to the ceiling, knowing that his mother and father are watching over him. Ensuring that not only does he uphold the customs of wrestling that he promised he would, but also that he upholds the traditions of the Mizarki name. That he shows just *why* they are acclaimed as one of the most respected names in Japan. A task, that he is currently succeeding in. Pushing himself back against the wall, he slides up into a fully seated position, his eyes maintaining their focus upon the camera ahead of him.<<

"I hope Belle and Apparition don't mind me saying this but: I plan on going out there with the intention of proving that I *can* take that next step, even if that means I must partake in the majority of the match. Yes, I know they will be there to support me, just like I will be there to support them; I intend on using that to its full effect, as from what I did see of the One True Pairing, they are nothing short of a well-oiled machine; in order to defeat them, we much be just as equal a unified force. 

Virgo is also no slouch himself inside of the ring, even if their 'morals' and motivations are misguided and built upon a foundation that drives them further down the passage of devastation with each passing second, they *are* threats. I learned that when I faced off against Jun and Racer the last time I was in a tag match against their stable. This time though, I shall do what must be down to ensure the outcome is different; I am a part of the victorious party."

>>Feeling his body begin to relax, he reaches out to the bedside table with his right hand; turns the Television on, hoping to find something in order to clear his mind. To help him at least have some semblance of a 'good night's sleep'.<<<

"It all begins, this week ---"

>>We fade, the sounds of local news emitting themselves through the air.<<
on May 25th 2018, 11:59 pmDamien Walker
Supremacy/Promo No. 1
“Where We Stand”

“So…”

“This is what I’ll be defending at Supremacy…”

*Damien held the SSW Freebird Tag Team Championship in his hands, since the day the match was announced, he’d been constantly thinking about the match at Supremacy. If there was ever a match that could finally change his fortunes in SSW around, it would be the upcoming Fatal 4-Way tag match.*

“I...am not exactly proud of how things have currently gone for me in Strong Style Wrestling. Don’t get me wrong, it could be going a whole lot worse. It’s not like I’ve lost ALL of my matches so far. Yet, it’s still not good enough. I’m clearly not winning enough. The absolute last thing I want, is to be seen as a liability for the Ronin. I need to prove that I’m capable of pulling my own weight here. I’m not just gonna sit idly by and let people who don’t know what they’re talking about; accuse me of being nothing more than a simple “accessory” to Tarah. Fuck that. I’m not in SSW to just be a “bit player”, while everyone else around me wins matches and championships. I know that I’ve got what it takes to finally turn my string of bad luck around. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t still be here. I wouldn’t even bother accepting Atem’s offer to help defend these Freebird Tag Team Championships. I could have just quit and fucked off back to the States, but I’m not really interested in doing that. Why? Simple. I’ve got something to prove. Not to anyone in specific, not to anyone else who’s in this match and not even to the fans who’ve gone out of their way to voice their support. I’m here to prove to MYSELF, that I’ve got what it takes to leave Supremacy as one-half of the Tag Team Champions.”

“I’ve got to admit though, it’s not gonna be a walk in the park for either me or Atem. We’re facing against three particularly stacked teams. Each one both representing the other three factions of SSW and featuring some of their top talent. The One True Pairing, Saul Omen & CM Nas and Belle Kingsley & Masanori Kawada are all going to be stepping into the ring with us. Should I be intimidated? Should I be scared? Should I be afraid that we’re gonna lose the titles to any of those teams? Well, I’m not. Letting my nerves get to me isn’t gonna help us win and quite frankly, I’m actually feeling pretty damn confident about my chances at victory. Let’s see, why don’t we start with the first team that’s on my mind? Belle Kingsley and Masanori Kawada. Let me start this off by saying this. I’M NOT KERRY KELLER! I mean, for fuck’s sake. How did I get mistaken for THAT guy of all people?! How am I supposed to take someone seriously if they can’t even be fucking bothered to know who I am?! Also, who cares that nobody’s got us as their favorites? Is that supposed to deter me from challenging these belts? I’ve been bet against before, I’m fine with being bet against again and again. It’s nothing new to me.”

“Next, we’ve the One True Pairing. It says something that even though I’m teaming with a guy like Atem, I still think he’s not quite as weird as these two are. I don’t know. Something about them just seems kind of off-putting to me. You see, that’s the problem with Tres Comas. Everyone there is either completely delusional, an egotistical asshole or a combination of both. There is VERY little middle ground.”

“Finally, we’ve got both CM Nas and Saul Omen. The “favorites” of this match. Suddenly, just because they managed to steal a victory out from under us, that somehow means that they’re better than us. I don’t get it. It’s strange to me that some dude like Saul, who just sits there rambling on and on while using words that nobody else uses in normal conversation. Acting like he’s “deep” and “mystical”, even though he cheats just like every other asshole in PT." 

"Fuck the haters, we’re walking out with those belts."
on May 25th 2018, 11:52 pmThe One True Pairing

A video starts to play. Static and white noise brushed on the screen every ten seconds, caused mostly by its poor quality. It was from an old video tape. A few seconds more and it picked up a clear image.

"TAG, YOU'RE IT!"

Two children are seen playing in the backyard. One was a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes started to run away from his playmate, a girl with black hair and brown eyes.

"SAKURA! SAKURA! COME CATCH ME!"

She was much shorter than the boy, but she did her best to catch up to him. The boy hid behind a small shed, in an attempt to hide from his playmate, but Sakura always had a sharp vision, so she knew exactly where he was even when he's a long distance from him. 

Young Sakura: I know where you are, Cash! 

Sakura made sure to slowly and sneakily peep from the shed to surprise Cassius. 

Young Sakura: GOTCHA! 

But there was nothing. Sakura looked left and right... minutes had gone by, but her dear Cassius was nowhere to be found. 

Young Sakura: Cassius? Cassius? 

Sakura almost shed a tear. She didn't know where Cassius was. Did he get hurt? Did he leave her? A dozen thoughts come to her mind... how is she going to tell his parents that their son disappeared before her eyes? 

Young Cassius: Come find me, Sakura!

Sakura hears a playful voice, and her face lighted up and she stopped crying. She proceeded to investigate. This was it. She was not giving up. Not until she finds her Cassius. She the tries to detect where the voice was coming from. Inside? She opens a small door from the shed and her eyes suddenly glow with happiness! Cash was there the whole time!

Young Cassius: SAKURA!

Young Sakura: CASH! 

He hid from her because he knew she'd miss him. It made him happy how crazy and emotional Sakura got when he's not around for even a second. It was seen in his eyes as he hugs Sakura back. They were so young and naive... but that's what's precious about these little moments. You never know when it will hit you, and they were lucky to have found each other early in their lives. A woman's light laugh is heard in the background, Sakura's parent who was taking the video as she looks at the kids with adoration. Little did she know that she is looking at the very definition of love.

Sakura wears high heels and a small golden dress. It was Cash's favorite color next to green. She had a little make up on as she walks by an empty street, right under the spotlight. It looked dangerous, especially for a girl her size... but Sakura, who has fought seven opponents in total, and injured two of them in a street fight, fears nothing. 

Sakura Corleone: Cassius? Cassius?

Cassius was right behind her. He wore an Italian suit with shiny black leather shoes to match it.

Cassius Corleone: I'm here, my love!

Sakura Corleone: Are you ready for this? 

Cassius Corleone: I'm ready for anything as long as I'm with my Cherry Blossom!

Sakura and Cassius walk down the dark, empty dangerous-looking alley where they meet two people who are visibly shaking in fear. It was an interviewer who wore a Yellow button-up shirt and slacks, and her camera man who is pretty much only in his grey shirt and worn out jeans. This interviewer is called Becky, a rookie reporter from Strong Style Wrestling HQ, hoping to hit the jackpot by getting an exclusive interview with The One True Pairing.

Interviewer Becky: Umm... 

Becky didn't think it would be THIS exclusive though. Sakura could see that Becky has that look in her eyes.. where she feels like she's going to die tonight. Sakura liked it.

Sakura Corleone: Is there a problem? 

Interviewer Becky: Why are we meeting here instead of the SSW Headquarters for a real sit-down interview? You know... with witnesses? 

Sakura Corleone: Because you said you would be fine meeting us anywhere we wish.

Cassius Corleone: And a dark alley where you can get mugged any time gives off this super-serious vibe. 

Interviewer Becky: Erm... whatever. Let's just get this on. Mac, start recording. 

Cameraman Mac points the camera to the three, enough to see all of them in one shot. Sakura was standing beside Cassius, and Interviewer Becky is across them both. 

Interviewer Becky lightly places her hand on Cassius shoulder as she moves closer to him to have a better shot for Cameraman Mac. Sakura, with a sharp observation skill, of course does not miss a beat as she looks at Interviewer Becky with disgust on her face. 

Interviewer Becky: There has been some concerns that you two have not been taking this SSW Freebird Tag Team Championship match seriously as opposed to the other teams because of your.. behaviors. Any comments on that? 

Cassius Corleone: Sakura and I are very serious about winning the Freebird Tag Team Championships... Can't you see how serious this atmosphere is right now? 

Cameraman Mac: It smells like a dead person here.

Interviewer Becky: MAC! STOP! YOUR JOB IS TO TAKE THIS VIDEO!

Cassius Corleone: It's alright, he's right. It does seem a little... outside of the box, but you see, Sakura and I always visit nice places every day of the week that we wanted to try something different... Somewhere we don't often go to. 

Interviewer Becky: Often? 

Cassius Corleone cuts her off.

Cassius Corleone: BUT YOU SEE... My Cherry Blossom and I could afford to take tours around the world and spend vast sums of money all the time without a single worry in our minds. And the common misconception is that we don't take our jobs seriously, when that's far from the case. The One True Pairing take all of this seriously, we train together so we look our best whether in and out of the ring... but we simply know a broken dream and a lost cause when we see them. Saul Omen is the very definition of that. His mere existence is a reminder for criminals and thieves who were not raised right by their parents, for the sex offenders and the domestic abusers who just want to know how it is to feel as they drug up their dates and beat up their significant other, and lastly, for every woman who come out of the Neon lights after their night of dancing on a pole for men who wishes there was any meaning in the things they do. That's the demographic a man like Saul Omen caters to as they blame the darkness and the pain of their past for the very reason why they they are incapable of having fulfilled lives... Blame others before you blame yourself. Such an old tune, but admit it or not, this is the ultimate truth for people who have nothing of value. And the One True Pairing simply cannot relate to his every insignificant buzz every time he opens his mouth. The One True Pairing intends to show these cretins that their lives would be better if they were us, but they will have to sulk in their miserable circumstances because there is only ONE One True Pairing to fill these expensive shoes. Saul Omen thinks that he's too good to imitate us? Oh, I'd be glad to see him try to be Cassius Corleone! As a matter of fact, I INVITE HIM to put on those golden robes and sunglasses, I invite him to get a brand new waifu body pillow with Sakura's face on it and I believe... no, I guarantee you that he is going to wish it were a permanent change of identity the moment he realizes that he has to go back to cater to his self-loathing nature. Isn't that right, My Cherry Blossom? 

Sakura Corleone: I don't doubt it. You can dance around with your factions and hype up that little spark that you have that's struggling to light itself. But The One True Pairing will always shine brighter among these mindless flock. And at Supremacy, Cash and Sakura shine the brightest once they capture the SSW Freeweight Championships. And after we have those titles locked in our grasps... No one else gets to take them. The One True Pairing will reign with Gold forever!

Interviewer Becky: Thank you so much, Cassius and Sakura. I think I have everything I need. 

Interviewer Becky, as formality, takes Cassius hand and shakes it. Sakura looks at her again.

Cassius Corleone: Is something wrong, Sakura? 

Sakura Corleone: I don't like the way Interviewer Becky is looking at you. She has been trying to get her hands on you for the past 10 minutes! Batting her eyes, brushing up against you, holding your arm... in front of your wife too. This fucking snake.

Interviewer Becky: But I wasnt -- 

Cassius could see that Interviewer Becky means well. He wanted to explain it that way to his lovely wife, but Sakura's jealousy has always been his drug of choice, his ultimate high. The way Sakura acted crazy made him feel so lucky, and his way of helping his wife is by feeding her craziness.

Cassius Corleone: You're absolutely right, my Sakura. I HAVE been noticing that!

Interviewer Becky: Well, that's not true... I didn't mean anything by it, I swear! But... It's getting late anyway... Mac and I still have to edit this video and.. 

Interviewer Becky signals Camera Mac to leave as soon as possible, and just whe Mac was about to turn off his Camera, the video caught Sakura suddenly pulling Interviewer Becky's hair from behind. And the she proceeds to attack her, throwing punches at her face while she is down on the concrete floor. Mac drops his Camera, and moments later, Cassius picks it up and catches more footage of Sakura assaulting a now-bloody Interviewer Becky. Cassius chuckles and turns off the Camera. 

And then there was static. 

on May 25th 2018, 11:18 pmMasanori Kawada

"ALL-MIGHT" MASANORI KAWADA
Versus Ronin, Tres Comas Club & Phantom Troupe; Freebird Tag Team Championships.
Entry: 1 -- Word Count: 2,082

The skies above Aichi are dark, the very faint detail of clouds passing by the ever-radiant moon. As it's light pierces through the dark clouds, we also see the lights from below that make up the Aichi prefecture, illuminating and expelling some of the darkness directly above its skyline. From a balcony overlooking the city, Masanori Kawada is lost in the inner-workings of his mind, pondering on the philosophies that have driven him the past decade of his career. His face was stern, focused, before he begins to vocalise his thoughts. "What defines failure in the eyes of man? Is it the inability to accomplish the short-term goal in your first attempt? Is it consistently having obstacles that persist to stand in your way from achieving the long-term goal? Or perhaps it's seeing less deserving people walk away with the rewards you fight ever so hard to obtain for yourself or for the people who fight beside you? For the longest time, these are the definitions of failure people have labelled the Shoot Nation. This is the image they paint the Shoot Nation story within one, broad stroke. This is something they are adamant about because they see the setback, often because of desperate attempts to halt the momentum that we build, and they feel just because we have been slowed down means we are on the brink of stopping completely. Oh, but how wrong those people are. Failure is the feeling of complacency in mediocrity; the acceptance of defeat and choosing to let it weigh you down. When you look at Shoot Nation, the individuals or the unit as a whole, you'll not find a single member on their hands and knees in defeat. No, you see men and women who are ready to jump back into the crossfire because nothing can prevent them from achieving the goals we want to achieve. No blindsided attacks. No cheap methods of winning titles. Nothing can damper the burning spirits that keep the Shoot Nation one of, if not the strongest unit in SSW today!" Kawada turns towards the camera that loomed over his shoulder, his eyes no longer the cold steel they had always been, instead there was a passion in them, a burning one that illuminated his eyes with a spark previously unseen from th Everlasting Hero, a youthful spark that has ignited in his soul. "Defeat has always been one of my biggest motivators, to find the silver lining whenever a dark cloud looms. To have made it that far into the Heaven's Arena Tournament and then to have tasted defeat just short of the finals, lesser men would be discouraged. Belle Kingsley and I though, we seem to be taking it in stride. To find a victory in defeat, that is the very essence of strength, and that is what make the Shoot Nation faction such a strong unit. Look at the final four of that very tournament, see that three of the four names were Shoot Nation members, you see driven individuals. I dawn blue to show the cool-headed justice I represent, the symbol of the unbias and non-personal leniency towards the justice I deliver. But since coming to the SSW, I have been bleeding the red that makes the Shoot Nation. These are ties that run deeper than any other faction in the fold, because each and every member of this faction believes in the message, believe in the honor and fights with the valor that make the faction such an indestructible force. And with the ever-going war of the factions, it has become a war of the strongest unities. And when I look at the other three factions in play, I don't see a single unity that can even contend with that of Shoot Nation."

All-Might takes a brief moment to look out to the bright city lights before continuing. "Take for example the Tres Comas Club; a grenade of a faction with the pin already pulled, doomed to implode onto itself. Look at who they contend on the card for tomorrow night, and you will see they are more fixated on a war amongst themselves. The only thing that ties them all together is the sin of greed; the collective and not the individual that bears the name. They have already begun their butting of heads over the most trivial of things, but they have done one smart thing despite all of that. They have put their best foot forward; the only real chance they had at even contending for the Freebird Championships. The self-proclaimed One True Pairing. Sakura and Cassius Corleone, the only two members of that faction who don't have a blade pulled on the throats of their stablemates, the only two have any chance of coexisting in a battle of unities. And what a unity love is, right? Love is a beautiful thing, I don't want to meet someone who could deny that, as it is one of the strongest ties one can have with another. Love keeps people united, keeps them fighting oppression, fighting for the love they share with another. There are many wars love can win; but inside that ring tomorrow night, you will find no winnable war on love alone. The coexistence may be second to none, but love also makes people blind to an ugly truth. Sometimes, love can't triumph just for the sake of it. Love-sick puppies in the middle of a rabidious dogs are a little out of their element, although they may escape unscathed, they have an abysmal chance of making it out as the strongest dogs in the fight. At the recent house show, they got the upper hand on Belle and myself for the most part due to our nagging injuries and exhaust from the Heavens Arena Tour and tournament matches and, if it weren't for the Phantom Troupe scum that I will address in a moment, perhaps they could have defeated us. Perhaps they couldn't. There are a lot of variables, and rightfully so, they are the dark horse team of this match. I wouldn't count them out, their bond is the only one that can rival that of the Shoot Nations, but Belle and I have experience as teammates under our belt to play the contender to rival a bond such as love in the ring."

"Then, there is the ragtag faction of Ronin, who are currently the holders of the gold we seek to claim. It was miraculous to say the least when such a faction could walk away with the gold despite what ties them together, rather a lack thereof. I will always give credit to Ms Tarah Nova for that, she was the glue that kept this faction together when surely it would have imploded in on itself by now much like Tres Comas Club. Although she can keep you together, she can't give you success by affiliation alone, eventually, you will have to find a chemistry of your own that works. When I look at Kerry Keller and Atem Octavian Amun-Ra, I couldn't see anything more than polar opposites that show no signs of chemistry. Ones in his own world, believing himself to be a harbinger of gods from the Egyptian mythology and the other has yet to find his own stride in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps this will present a surprising duo, one that exceeds all expectations, but from a war of words alone they are trailing far, far behind. Neither of them have even attempted to represent the faction in the prelude to this four corners match, neither of them being able to run with the ball that Tarah Nova placed into the palm of their hands, and they will surely drop it. Do I underestimate this team? If my many years in this industry has taught me anything, it's that great things can come from the most unexpected places, but for that to be a factor there needs to be a foundation to build off it. And the Ronin foundation can hardly support the individual, much less the collective. Though I will not count them out, they are far from the strongest presence that opposes the Shoot Nation tomorrow night, but they do bring the championship gold we will obtain to the fray."

"Finally, the ever-persistent thorn in the side of the Shoot Nation known as the Phantom Troupe. The ones that drew the first blood, the constant factor that has deprived the Shoot Nation of what it deserves; the championship glory that we are long overdue. As Saul Omen believes, surely because Doe has enabled it, the Phantom Troupe stands unrivalled, the great oppressors of the SSW. But all they have really done has enabled this image of great oppressors while they have been soaking in the glory of their borrowed time at the top of this company. And that time is slowly dwindling down, with Supremacy being the moment where the final grain of sand hits the bottom of the hourglass. The behemoth Gronk will fall to our courageous leader, to slay the monster like the hero he is to guarantee our shot at dethroning the queen who sits upon her throne of glass. The Apparition will wrestle the Heritage Championship away from Sangkat, Vanessa will expose the glass cannon that is your leader John Doe and then, the part that I am sure Belle and I will enjoy the most, putting to rest the phantom pain that has hindered the Shoot Nation for far too long. The self-glorified strongest who are by every definition cowards. That much was made clear by the very two men that the Phantom Troupe has pressed towards this match in Omen and Nas. Eliminating yourselves from the tournament for what? Some false sense of accomplishment? One that has backfired with not only one of the two men you attempted to remove post-humorously from the tournament, not only making it to the finals but will eventually slay the colossus that stands as your secret weapon, rendered defeated and the footnote that will only be the opening chapter in the comeuppance that Phantom Troupe have been written since the very beginning. The collective of Phantom Troupe has yet to truly earn any of their accolades for themselves, relying on the help of their comrades by hook or by crook to hold the gold but never truly stand in the eyes of the world as champions. That is why the faction is so opposed to the idea of heroes and a justice that will spell their undoing, because that will mean they truly have nothing left, standing on an ivory tower destined to come crumbling down. Omen, you can paint the picture however you want, but there is no denying the true narrative that is behind it. The Phantom Troupe can not only not think for themselves, but can't accomplish anything of their own merit. If you sleep peacefully at night despite that, you are far weaker men than you lead on. Because nothing the Phantom Troupe has done or can ever do will be able to stomp out the fire that keeps the Shoot Nation alive. You can steal hundreds of championships from under our noses, interfere in thousands of our matches, proclaim your dominance to millions of ears, but there will always be that one flaw that will keep any of that from mattering in the end. The Phantom Troupe cannot kill Shoot Nation. Championships don't make the men, men make the championships, and not a single title that is held in the Phantom Troupe camp makes that faction stronger, it just makes the championships glisten less. That is something that will not fall upon the Freebird Tag Team Championships, and in a domino effect, it will bring about prestige upon the others when they are wrestled out of incompetent hands and into the calloused hands of the men and women who deserve them. Villans find glory at the moment; heroes will find glory in the end."

"Belle Kingsley and myself have the world to prove tomorrow night, a harsh lesson for those who try to paint us as weak, who try and oppress us into being underneath their boot. We are a faction on the rise; individually we are strong, united we are unstoppable. That is the absolute justice that will stand tall in the culmination of Supremacy, championships in hand, doubts removed, phantoms silenced as their souls are put to rest."
BRACE YOURSELVES!
on May 25th 2018, 11:14 pmJacob Senn
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Just when I thought I was out… they pull me back in.

Famous words that relate to this moment in time with me as this stoned bastard child for New York that has revealed his degenerate ways has made it possible for me to return into a wrestling ring at Supremacy. Does this make you happy, Stark? Does it bring a smile on that face to see that Jacob Senn will return into a wrestling ring against you because of what you have done to him? I was determined to be a creator for this place to where the people that walked into the locker room would have somewhere to showcase the talent that wouldn’t be able to be seen by larger promotions, to let the talent grow and nourish under this umbrella of wrestling, but you’ve brought out a different manifestation of Jacob Senn that has been known throughout the wrestling hemisphere. The iconic figure of wrestling that has won championships all around the world, The Punisher that has went through all manners of brutality that this place could give you along with falling from heights that no average man could come back from, and the monster that has been rumored to make sure that those that fall against him… never recover from that fall again. This is the man that has been placed against you at Supremacy and you know something, you’ve done some of those same things according to your most recent words. The roads that we have taken have been similar and even though those roads were miles apart to where we didn’t even know one another, they still found a way to meet at the crossroads here at this moment to where you’ve done whatever you could to get me to compete against you. Sending out a crew of your “New York goons” to come out there and hijack my show, assaulting me during a championship match that I had taken part in with another promotion, all of this because you wanted the match that I denied you because you felt insulted by that denial. Like a spoiled rich kid that was told that he couldn’t have something for the first time in his life, you threw a tantrum about it to where someone finally was forced to give you want you wanted. What you believed you wanted, right? For what you want is a moment to establish yourself as the best wrestler on this roster. What you want on from this match is to let the entire wrestling world that you’re on the same level of competitor as me, but let me tell you something. You’ve never been on the same level as I have been on throughout my near-decade career as a wrestler. You may have been a world champion, you may have been inducted in some Hall of Fame, but as much as you don’t think that I know you… I do. You’ve undercutted your way to the top of the mountain and when you haven’t, you’ve been lazily coasting along with the potential that you do have in order to take what you want because even though you might have the talent to reach that next level to beat me, you’re still someone that has been unable to break that glass ceiling because of apathy. I know that people have told you that it has been because of the plants from your Bonsai Garden that you love to toke up to make your life easier to live through, but I don’t find that to be your problem. I find your apathetic nature to be the downfall of your entire career to where you have NEVER been able to reach the heights that I have been able to reach in the same amount of time. You might think when I say that I’m talking about accolades and championships, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the performances, I’m talking about the ability that I’ve been able to do, I’m talking about what I can do between those ropes is superior to everything that you’ve ever done in your pathetic existence as a wrestler. Now, you have the gall and audacity to stand there and tell me you want to go to war because I offended you? Because I hurt your feelings? I don’t care about your fragile ego that led you to do what you did to me, but I do care about what you’ve done to me.

Week in and week out, you’ve done everything you could to not only mock and humiliate me, but to physically harm me before our eventual collision to where I know that fear is inside of those eyes of yours. The fear that you will be the one lying on the canvas with the world watching you fail at having the spotlight that you crave so much has ruled you to where you’ve resorted to these tactics to be able to goad me into a match at Supremacy. Don’t worry, everything has been signed and made official to where no matter what, you will have this fabled match that you have desired. Supremacy will make the in-ring return of Jacob Senn for everyone to watch, but it will be to where you become the victim of that triumphant return from expulsion. If you believe that what you have done to me will go without consequence, to where you will be able to walk out with your head held high in pride, and me still be left standing to watch all of this happen before my very eyes, you’re playing yourself as a fool. I’m relentless and ruthless inside of that ring to where there is nothing sacred in that ring when I’m in the state that I’m in right now. I want you to bleed a waterfall of crimson blood that will cascade down your body while you are wincing in agony, your entire body broken and bruised from the abuse it will have to endure, and to watch that look of disbelief finally strike you when you watch my hand raise up in victory at your expense. All of this will be my desire when I enter the ring against you to deliver the just punishment that has been waiting for you because Stark, I want to see the look of disbelief that appears on your face when you realize that all of this was just to see yourself watch it all crumble before you. That is what drives me in this match and I crave that absolution to finally be mine to where I don’t have to sit here and listen to the complaints of offending you because I don’t want to stand in the ring with you. I’ll be freed from this curse of Stark being around me with that ganja grass stench and all of his goons that he wants to fly in with that Bonsai Garden money of his. I can finally return to what I came into this company to be and that’s the creator of the next generation of talent that will takes us into the future. With that said, Supremacy will be the night that I give Stark a farewell that he deserves because after this night, I will be shocked if he wants to pursue his career in this business even further. This is where it all ends because I will punish Stark for what he has done to me, resume making Strong Style Wrestling the best company in the world, and remain the one thing that will never change about Jacob Senn.

I will remain Iconic.
on May 25th 2018, 11:12 pmKerry Keller
Supremacy Promo: “And With a Dash of Silence.”

*Kerry Keller once again sits in silence as he meditates. Candles lit around him as he focuses deeply on his chi*

Kerry: look at the benefits of silence, focus can happen in silence. And so shall victory. When I came into SSW…

*Kerry looks toward the camera seriously, pulling up a playing card with the joker symbol on it*

Kerry: I thought I was some grizzled veteran with something I needed to prove to everybody else in this God forsaken company. But the truth…

*Kerry blows one of the candles around him out, then moves the joker card next to a different candle*

Kerry: The truth was that the world would have to prove itself to me. I was a fool, I was an idiot, I thought the fans would be on my side. I was wrong… all of my hopes of returning to a warm welcome from the people, they vanished that night when Belle Kingsley choked me nearly unconscious in the middle of the ring.

*Kerry puts another candle out with his fingers, once again moving the joker card so that it is alight with one of the candles*

Kerry: And here I sit in a whirlwind of momentum, facing my biggest opportunity since that faithful night. And I know how much I've deserved this. Tarah… Tarah… Nova… let me get this straightened up with you… you are my friend. We share many aspects of lifestyle, but in the squared circle, I don't care who my friends and my enemies are anymore, the Troupe even knows I could go haywire at any possible minute. I am a ticking time bomb similar to what I used to be, I am the same man fixated on the same goal. Supremacy.

*Kerry puts another candle out and moves the joker card again*

Kerry: Jun… you're quite the… quite the card aren't you.. you think you can get into my head with your stupid body language shit? HUH? well why don't you think again on that one you fucker because you're not in my head in the slightest, I know how much of a threat you are, and that's none. You're a non-factor, a negative integer.

*Kerry chuckles a bit*

Kerry: Shinati… you play by the goddamn rules don't you? You think being a little goody two shoes is going to get you somewhere? You think that's what's gonna acquire and win you a title shot against a member of the phantom Troupe? You think you're so tough and brave huh… Im gonna snap you in two and forget you existed.

Kerry: I am different than I was… I won't allow you to walk all over me any longer, I won't allow you to proclaim me the weakest link of the Phantom Troupe any longer… the way I see it, at Supremacy... three members of all three factions down.

*Kerry burns the joker card to ashes in front of him*

Kerry: and I kill the man Kerry Keller used to be… Forever.

*Keller puts the last candle out*

Kerry: SHHHHHHH… be silent. 

Last edited by Kerry Keller on May 25th 2018, 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
on May 25th 2018, 10:59 pmVanessa Santiago
I.

The last number of weeks have proven just how different we really are, John Doe. Or rather, how different we were all along. And when I think about it that way, it really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that I eventually left The Phantom Troupe. Given that I was a founding member, it could be easy for me to sit here now and say, “I can so easily tear down what I put in the effort to build”, but then, that would make me no better than you. While time away from your grasp granted me the clarity to know that the SSW landscape would be better off without the evil influence of The Phantom Troupe, I know that it’s not my place to get rid of it. I don’t need to get rid of it. The peace of mind I needed came with just walking away. In my time among your ranks, what I didn’t realize was that being a part of that faction made you feel like you owned people. You can say you don’t give a damn about the fact that I’m even still in this company, but the way you’ve been acting says otherwise. You’re obsessed with making me pay. You’ve got a one-track mind, it’s how you’ve always operated. Once upon a time, you fixated on Masanori Kawada, and he was the nemesis you couldn’t take your eyes off of. Now, for completely different reasons, it’s me. The Phantom Troupe truly is a weird case. For a group of people who are supposed to be cold and committed to causing chaos, but somewhere along the way, you decided there was room for...loyalty? Unity? Some leader you are. You don’t even know what your business model is. In any case, you’ve decided that I was never allowed to leave. It’s like a kid at daycare who doesn’t want anyone touching the toy they had in their hand before naptime. It’s no wonder things here eventually broke down. I’ve never been good with kids.

“I don’t make the same mistake twice”.

You only made one mistake -- refusing to let me move forward with Shoot Nation in peace. I’ll prove to you that I was never the one who made a mistake. I’m far from limited now. If anything, I’m spreading my wings more now than when I was with The Phantom Troupe. The height of my time there was taking part in the first triple threat match for the Jr. Heavyweight Championship. I might not have taken the pin there, but I still didn’t win. Now, months later, here I am with a singles match on a banner show against one of the men who fancies himself one of the foremost talents in SSW. It might be considered by some to be a step up. From tomorrow night forward, the true springboard for Vanessa Santiago will be heralded as Supremacy, the night when she stood up for herself against the wicked John Doe. Now that someone else has taken my place as the foremost woman of The Phantom Troupe, you think that I'm supposed to feel regret. To say that she "takes advantage" of her spot in The Phantom Troupe takes away from her ability and makes it seem as if she always needed you, but that's in the John Doe handbook, isn't it? You feel like you made everyone under your "employ". We were brothers in arms once. Contrary to what you think, you never molded me or changed me for the better, but just the same, you should know exactly what I'm made of. See, you can pretend as if my time away has given you amnesia, but you know how strongwilled I am. You know how difficult I am to keep down. You know that I never say die, and now, you've chosen to willingly be on the wrong side of that? Another mistake of yours to add to the tally, I suppose. I was always a lioness, and time spent away from your influence only sharpened my claws. Walking through the fires you've tried to fan has only made me stronger, and you'll see just how strong I truly am when you meet defeat at my hands. Step into the lioness' den, Doe. Don't act surprised when you're ripped limb from limb.
on May 25th 2018, 9:57 pmAria Jaxon
I.

SMACK.

Aria’s bicycle superkick connected flush with Jaydayne’s face as she intercepted him mid-sprint, and she could’ve sworn she saw his eyes roll back into his head as she fell to her knees on the mat. She was starting to become fatigued now, the furious boos of the crowd being reduced to little more than a dull din in her ears, shutting her eyes tightly and trying for a couple seconds to correct her ragged breathing. Inwardly, Aria reminded herself to hurry the fuck up as she dragged herself to her feet and turned to stagger toward the corner, where she hurriedly pried Nas’ legs free from the top turnbuckle. His body hit the canvas with a muted thud, sounding even quieter as the jeers of the crowd prevailed, doing little to will their hero Jaydayne to his feet. Aria was back up to her feet first, stooping to try and pull the much-heavier Nas to his feet as well. It was loud enough in the arena that she was certain no cameras picked up what she said next.

Aria made sure that she was eye-level with Nas. “Get up, honey!” she implored through clenched teeth, sounding almost annoyed. “It’s gotta be one of us, remember?” Aria asked, just as Nas was getting to his feet. She nodded and he did the same. “We got this,” he assured her.

BLINK.

Aria’s mouth was agape and her heart dropped into her stomach as Nas hit the table outside with a sickening crash. The table splintered beneath his weight, and Rick’s eyes grew to the size of saucers, concern etched firmly on his face as she rushed to his charge’s side to check on him. This was it. The “one for all, all for one” shit was about to take a back seat, because now he was out of commission. Aria was all on her own, though the thought didn’t necessarily scare her. She wanted to leave the ring and check on him, but if she willingly squandered a chance at championship gold and put The Phantom Troupe’s plans for world domination on the backburner? He’d never forgive her. Not to mention, she couldn’t afford to give Pendragon a leg-up, she just couldn’t. The weight of her own dreams and her faction’s world championship now rested firmly on her shoulders -- and now she had to see if they were broad enough to shoulder the weight.

BLINK.

“Don’t let go,” Aria muttered to herself, her voice not even remotely audible over the noise bouncing off the arena walls. She was wrenching this hold for dear life, yanking on the limbs of Pendragon with the kimura/Fujiwara armbar combination, praying that it would work. If this didn’t end him, she didn’t know what would. She didn’t want to fathom what else she’d have to do. So she pulled, she wrenched, she strained with every bit of strength left in her body, waiting with bated breath as the referee picked his hand up. Pendragon’s hand hit the canvas with a thud one time, then another -- and then, a third.

It was over.

The disbelief was almost overwhelming at first, tears blurring her vision as was forced to come to grips with what had just happened. By hook or by crook, she was here, standing atop Strong Style Wrestling. She couldn’t fathom what it would take for anyone to remove her from the apex, either.

It’s nighttime in Toyota. The retractable roof of Toyota Stadium is open, presenting a wide open view of the moon and the huge expanse of the night sky stretching above. The seemingly-empty venue itself is eerily quiet and dark. And then…

CLAP CLAP.

Two well-timed claps cut through the silence, suddenly prompting the lights of Toyota Stadium to come alive, shining down on what will become the first home of Supremacy. In the center of the field used in the primarily soccer-centric venue is Aria Jaxon, the Puroresu Heavyweight Champion. She sits on a plushy, cushioned dark purple throne, the logo of The Phantom Troupe emblazoned on the back of it. She’s dressed in all black, coordinating jeans, stilettos, and a Phantom Troupe logo crop top adorning her petite frame. On top of her immaculately-curled waist-length purple hair is a crown with diamonds and amethysts. A knowing smile sits on the lips of the champion as she traces a manicured fingernail over the face of the coveted championship draped over her crossed legs.

“Fifty-five days ago, I started my excursion in Strong Style Wrestling. I ventured into unfamiliar territory, knowing that for all this place’s talk of honor and structure, that there was no leader. There was nobody steering this ship. For me, there was no long, arduous climb to the top. I didn’t have to slip and skin my knees on the way to the summit, having my hopes dashed over and over again. Fifty-five days ago didn’t just mark my first time stepping in an SSW ring. It marked the day my reign began. For the entirety of my time here, I’ve been a champion. Run that back, I’ve been THE champion. Years from now, when people are recounting how happy they are that I’m gone and thanking their lucky stars that they survived while I was running shit, one thing they won’t be able to take from me is the fact that I defined the lineage of this championship. I’ll always be the first, and I intend to extend this inaugural reign for as long as I possibly can -- however I possibly can. I’m nowhere close to being done. Complacency hasn’t set in at all. Once upon a time, when I didn’t know any better, I used to think the tightest that you ever clutched a championship was the first time it was placed into your hands, but I was foolish to think that. The truth is, even if you hang onto it for dear life, you only end up gripping it tighter and tighter as time wears on, because the challengers get bolder and bolder the longer you’ve got it. I’ve done the whole lengthy title reign thing before. I know how this story goes. I know that, even though Matias Navarro came out swinging -- and picked the wrong mark -- that he’s just the first in a long line of unfortunate men and women who will fall at my feet. I know that the longer I’m champion, the higher the stakes are. As time wears on, the bounty on my head will only grow. I look forward to all the hearts and wills my time as champion will continue to break, but for now? I’ll focus on you, Matias. The one who’s drawn my ire. The first one who couldn’t bring himself to stay in his lane, hopping the divider and running right in front of a speeding tractor-trailer. Just make sure Tomas is on standby when it’s all over to scrape you off the pavement, honey.”

“I wanna appreciate your brashness, I do. But, out of pettiness, I can’t, because said brashness is aimed in my direction. You’ve seized this window of opportunity and you intend to use it for all it’s worth. The Heaven’s Arena Cup determines the next challenger on the chopping block, but the first? Oh, that spot was wide open, and you knew that. The way you see it, you just think nobody else had the balls to step to me and put themselves in my crosshairs, but did you ever think that other people’s fears weren’t misplaced? Did you ever stop to think that everyone who sat on their asses backstage and decided it wasn’t worth it to try and put a stop to my reign had the right idea? They were all right to stand down, and you could’ve been right, too -- but you preferred to be brave. Fate doesn’t favor the brave, Matias; it favors the prepared, and I’m prepared to do anything it takes to remain the Puroresu Heavyweight Champion. Think about what I had to do to become champion in the first place. Ever since Exodus, people have cried foul saying I don’t deserve this title because of the cameos made by my fellow Phantom Troupe members, but what rules did I break? It was a triple threat match. Nas knew that when he got put into the match alongside me, and that’s why nobody hears him bitching about the outcome now. He knew what the stakes were, and he knows the title is safe in the hands of another Phantom Troupe member. Those whose hearts ache for Jaydayne should probably remember that nothing that happened was against the rules. And that’s what SSW is all about, right? Operating within the parameters? Well I did! Where’s my award? People are just mad that when I said I was gonna bend the rules as much as I possibly could, I wasn’t bullshitting. Don’t worry, Matias, you won’t have to worry about Gronk or anybody else piecing you up while the referee’s back is turned, because I’m a benevolent queen. Once again, I’ll be operating according to the SSW rulebook -- but that doesn’t mean things will go swimmingly for you. Brutalizing you with kicks to the face or yanking extremities outta their socket with submissions is still well within the rules, but you won’t feel any better than Pendragon did after I choked him to sleep. You’re taking a different route to disappointment than he did, but you’ll ultimately get there just the same. What got him into a world title match in the main event of this company’s first marquee event was good fortune. What’s getting you into the second one is your nerve and your potential. Said potential will be all you have left after I crush your championship hopes under the heel of my boot.”

“The most ruthless among us do what we have to do to get where we wanna be. As I’ve stated, when I say that, I mean it, and you meant it, too. As much as I rag on Tres Comas Club for being a bunch of sugar daddy-funded wannabe champions, what’s funny about all of this is that the money’s hasn’t been a defining factor for you this whole time you’ve been nipping at my red bottom heels. I mean sure, with a title comes a bigger paycheck, but you didn’t get paid to walk out there and interrupt my championship celebration. I don’t think Tomas got in your ear and demanded you turn your sights toward my title. You’re obviously not doing this for your stablemates, because we all know how you TCC boys feel about each other. At the end of the day, it’s about you and what you want. For the lucky ones, it means they can bask in the success they’ve carved out for themselves, but you? You’ll have no one to blame for this impending disappointment but yourself. You wanted to strike out on your own and prove you were above all the petty bullshit dragging down your teammates, and you’ve had one hell of a run. You came out swinging, beat me at untelevised events, and left me laid out at the end of the last Heaven’s Arena Tour show. You even got to touch the belt, as you said, that dreamy look in your eyes as you fantasized about a future where you actually got to keep it for yourself. Yeah, you caught me slipping. It was a mistake for me to have ever let you get your hands on it, but it’s a mistake I’m gonna rectify. After Supremacy, you think anyone’s gonna remember the one time Matias Navarro got to hold the Puroresu Heavyweight Championship up high? Nah. They’re gonna remember Aria Jaxon notching her first successful defense.”

“You’ve been taking your small victories where you could get them, and with each one, your confidence grew. It’s as inflated as it can possibly be, and I’m twenty-four hours from taking a pushpin to it and letting all the air out. You can come away with W’s at all the little mile markers on the road, whatever. Have fun with those. But when we step into that ring in front of 45,000 people with the most coveted prize in SSW on the line? That’s when it all changes. This ain’t another tag match or in-ring segment. You talked about my clutch gene, but to actually experience it isn’t something any sane competitor should really want. I dig down into my reserves in a way that nobody else can. When you’ve burned the candle on both ends, I’ll still have enough left in the tank to put you away. You’re new to this, Matias. When you say the top is where you belong, I can’t help but feel like you’re just wishing on a star. The top is where I’ve made my home. You knew who I was long before we were ever meant to share the same ring, and do you know why? Because I’m the best goddamn wrestler currently breathing. That makes an impact on people, whether they love me or hate me. If you’ve really studied up on me, you know where I’ve been and what I’ve done. You know I’ve got more main event classics to my name than Tomas has dollars in his bank account. You know sold-out stadiums with the lights turned up and the stakes sky-high are what molded me into the champion, into the queen you’re praying you’re able to knock off. This ain’t shit but a field trip for you. You’re a visitor here at these lofty heights, while this is where I’ve made my home. It won’t be too much longer before I kick you out.”

“Not too long ago, my outlook on many things was a lot different than it is now. Unlike you, Matias, I didn’t hate every day that I spent as the ultimate fan favorite. I did love it. I loved hearing the crowd chant my name and knowing people were passing all their hopes and dreams off on me. It all came with the package. They were byproducts of playing by the rules and doing everything the right way. That smile on my face wasn’t fake -- and neither is the one I wear now. It’s wild to think it was only a few months ago, too. I had just about everything that I have now -- the championship, the money, the main event status, all of it. But in spite of the fact that I was coloring inside the lines, I dealt with more suffering than I deserved. People still called me arrogant and fake, no matter how often I defaulted to doing the right thing. Those days are over. I’ve put myself first, and it’s been liberating -- and I know you know the feeling. The old Aria couldn’t have been able to stand the idea of shortening someone’s career for the sake of keeping her championship, but to the Aria of present-day, collateral damage racked up along the way is just part of the game. You believe I’ll circle back around to who I used to be, but I can’t imagine going back. And it certainly won’t happen before you and I have our match. When that bell rings, you’ll get what you’ve been asking for. Just you and I, with no frills, no friends, and no distractions. I’ll push you to have the best match of your career, and at the end of it, my hand will be raised. You don’t get the distinction of being the one who ends my reign before it truly gets started, Matias. You just get to be a statistic. The first one to come up short. Poor you.”

Aria grins broadly, hefting her championship up onto her shoulder. She glances over at it before settling back into the cushions of her throne.

“Long live The Queen...and long may she reign.”

CLAP CLAP.
on May 25th 2018, 9:09 pmJaydayne Pendragon
⚔️

Even before I was a man, an empty shell ignorant of life’s true wonders, I had not once sought to obey man’s base desires to get counterfeit treasures. These carnal desires, these carnal sins, they are false idols that distract from reaching true heavenly heights and fill voids in people’s lives with only more emptiness. One is better without them, just as I once was. For much of my youth, I had nothing but discipline and the sword, I had those two things beat into me until I had reached a swordsman’s true state of nothingness that is heralded by all practitioners of the blade. I had thought that was all my life would be, until someone allowed me to have her both body and soul. Me, who has once thought relationships to be pointless affairs people partook in for meaningless bragging rights and to serve fleeting urges of the flesh, was lucky enough to be shown why bonds are made in this world. And once I understood the bliss of being bonded with another being, given that velvety touch that awoke a dormant life within me, I came to understand the true treasures to be found in all things. Women are not merely sexual items, true accomplishments are not merely trinkets, and true victory is not merely something recorded on a scoreboard.

These things do not exist in isolation. I believe when one opens their eyes to see the true beauty of companionship that they too gaze upon the truths of this world, at least catch glimpse of that heavenly hue. In reverse, those with their eyes closed to that beauty are destined to be blind, at best only able to catch sight of the shadowy silhouette of the marvels they miss, stuck in the hellscape they inhabit.

None exemplified this better than Gronk when he abducted Belle Kingsley after she rejected his advances, his misunderstanding of the worth of a woman bleeds into his cluelessness when it comes to comprehending all sorts of wonders in this world, be they why one joins into a faction with others or be they why one fights inside that ring with everything they have to accomplish something! Some might scream out, IS PENDRAGON GOING TO TURN INTO A WHITE KNIGHT RIGHT NOW? First of all no, I am the Hafu Samurai, a proper mixture is what I’m always thinking about. This isn’t solely about the plight of the fairer sex, but rather for the sake of all! Yes, it goes without saying that the women in this locker room and this world shouldn’t have to fear the idea that some big oaf will pick them off and carry them away without consent. Is that really what we need displayed in these troubling times? Morgan Freeman might be the next exposure. I myself fear for my fiancée in a world like this. But even boys and every single man out there suffers when the crazed concept of men pointlessly taking women by any means necessary is somehow comical or ideal! Gronk is every person who gets onto the internet getting the idea that a lover online can make up for the real thing. Gronk is every frat bro that spikes an unaware maiden’s drink. He is every megastar that regardless of money and fame, despite having families, still find themselves harassing women to appease their urges and because their wives were not people they loved in the first place. See, it doesn’t matter which rung of life you’re on, there are countless fools on all levels whose blindness leads them down such a pathetic path. And like I said, there is no isolation, the nature of these things are of the same ilk, the concept of Hollywood stars caught miserably clinging to any woman they can get their grubby hands on to fill the void is no different than any star found overdosed in their million dollar home. Just as Gronk disgraces the meaning of a lover by capturing a woman by force, he has sullied what it means to battle in that ring with his sloppy approach to wrestling, and his entire faction consistently smear what it means to be a champion by acting like merely having titles is good enough when you fight dishonorably.  Even the use of his moniker represents the decay of values and falsification I’m talking about.

Gronk, do you know what a titan used to be? Do you not know how sad it is that a petty beast can make use of such a name without anyone batting an eyelash?

Titans were fabled to come before even the gods man knew, just as man often gives gods the titles of father and mother today, gods sucked at the tit of titans and looked to them as parents in their absolute sovereignty over the world.  These days, titan just means a larger version of a giant, if people care to differentiate the concept of a titan and a giant in the first place. Just because of your size, you were handed down a watered down moniker people forgot the meaning of, just as they’ve forgotten what it means to be a man and a champion as they christen people with those names for simply having an attractive “partner” and having a chunk of gold. One thing that you will share with the actual titans is that once they were cast down they never truly were able to get up to reach Mount Olympus. Mount Olympus, merely another sacred ground like heaven, and if the true titans couldn’t climb their way up that holy land you can bet that surely a knockoff like you won’t make it either to claim what’s found in the arena of the gods! Heaven’s Arena Cup!

I know, based on your national patriotism and disdain for those of the East, your way of thinking that falsifies the term “supremacy” probably does not take kindly to a hafu, A HALF BREED, like me! A supremacist like yourself would never find fellowship with what you hate the most, but that is just fine with me! I want people to take note of how polarly opposite we are. I represent inclusion as a child of the East and the West, you represent keeping people apart and a hatred for what’s different. I am discipline and you are madness. Most striking to you, what people say behind that big back of yours and what you angrily think of at the back of that mind that of yours when you do take the time to produce thoughts, I’m a leader and you’re a henchman! You may have more brute force than anyone on this roster, but I am one with the saber, that means I’m precise and masterfully crafted from years of honing one’s skill. PIG, who knows nothing of being a nobleman, with my blade I will slaughter you before an altar to every person victimized by you and men like you. You heard me right, at Supremacy I burden the beast.

⚔️
on May 25th 2018, 5:18 pmMatias Navarro
|With the biggest match of his career looming, you'd expect Matías to be in a gym training his ass off, or doing some kind of film study to increase his odds of winning. And maybe he does do that when the cameras aren't rolling because he doesn't want his strategies or techniques getting leaked. However, in this very moment, Matías is getting fitted for yet another suit to add to his never-ending collection. I guess you could say he shares the same addiction as one Barney Stinson. After a few more seconds the tailor is finished and Matías gives a nod of approval. The crisp dark green suit fits Matías like a glove. He steps down and sits in a nearby lounge for a cigar break. Tomás Aguilar, aka Matías manager/business partner that was appointed to him from one of the TCC investors, is already there, sitting comfortably. Matías sits down and admires his watch for a few seconds.|

Tomás: The time has finally co—

|Matías raises his hand, signaling for Tomás to stop speaking, which Tomás obeys, with no questions asked. You can see Tomás take a nervous gulp as he rubs his sweaty palms against the arms of the chair. Matías looks at Tomás and then into the camera.|

Matías: No, today I speak.  

|Usually Matías lets Tomás do most of the talking because well, that's what he's there for. And Matías doesn't normally sit back because he is shy or is self-conscious about his accent. It's most likely due to his laziness, so, therefore, Matías usually only talks when it comes to big matches or opponents that catch his eye. If he doesn't think you're worthy enough to talk about, then he'll just remain silent.|

Matías: Since April 14th, 2018 – the limits of my patience have been tested on a weekly basis. Whether it be dealing with Aria and her brainless bodyguard, Gronk or putting up with Tres Comas Club and its glaring lack of synergy – most of the time being a combination of the two. As you can imagine, dealing with such nuisances nonstop would cause even the calmest to go mad. They would start ripping their hair out strand by strand, or better yet, leave a few holes in a wall after unloading a plethora of punches in order to calm down. But not me. For the most part, I have remained as cool as a cucumber throughout this whole ordeal because I know that by putting up with all of this drama and toughing out these series of headaches, it'll be worth it in the end. So patience is bitter, yes, but its fruit is sweet – and so will be my victory at Supremacy. The date I mentioned earlier, that being April 14th, has a lot of significance behind it. For starters, it marked my very first day with Strong Style Wrestling, as well as the day I first challenged the "Queen" Aria Jaxon, for her SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Championship. And by doing so, it ruffled a lot of feathers and no, I am not just talking about the champion herself. The majority of the roster didn't appreciate how I supposedly cut to the front of the line, as if I don't deserve this opportunity that I essentially presented to myself. PAY YOUR DUES, THEY SAID!! HA!!! Look at me! I don't have to pay for shit! That's just one of the perks of being a part of Tres Comas Club. They take care of me – well, the investors do at least. But this chatter in the back has been deafening when it comes to my peers talking about yours truly. Their voices are like nails on a chalkboard. Nothing but a load of codswallop spew from their mouths as they go to their stablemates, crawl up onto their little soap boxes and express their fragile feelings and wrongful opinions about how it should be them facing Aria and not me! Talk is cheap ladies and gentleman – and I don't do cheap. Yes, unfortunate news for you, Aria, but I digress. I must admit that I was caught off guard by how this process shaped up. It was rather easy, really. You see when I challenged Aria for this match initially, a large part of me was expecting for the entire SSW roster to come out of the woodwork to follow suit and issue a challenge of their own. I mean she does hold the most prized possession in this industry, so it only made sense. But to my surprise, the floodgates never opened. There was no line of hungry men and women, just salivating and clamoring at the thought of becoming the next SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Champion!!!! Instead, it was just me out there. I was the only person willing to step up to the plate and hit this opportunity out of the fucking ballpark. You see I don't need some tournament to give me a shot at that title. Nah, that's too much waiting and I think I made it perfectly clear that I am not a patient man. Therefore, I'm not going to be like one of those precious angels from Shoot Nation and sit on my hands and bite my tongue and wait for an opportunity to plop right into my lap. FUCK THAT! I WANT TO BE CALLED SSW PURORESU HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION RIGHT NOW, NOT SIX MONTHS OR A YEAR DOWN THE ROAD! And when I want something, I tend to get it. That championship being no different. 

I know Aria won't make it easy for me. I know she will come out swinging, fighting tooth and nail to keep her prized possession from falling into my greedy little hands – and I wouldn't expect anything less. For she has proven time and time again that when the lights are at its brightest and the stage is at its biggest, she never fails to bring her best, making her one of the most clutch performers today – but she will quickly come to the realization that even her best won't be able to topple my performance this week. Maybe if she was facing a different opponent, or maybe if this was taking place on a certain rival company's turf, then sure. But unfortunately for Aria, Matías Navarro will be standing across from her in that ring, which spells disaster for her title reign. Or would you even call it her reign to begin with? It's more of The Phantom Troupe's reign since it was a collective effort at Exodus. Which means that Aria's crowning achievement here in SSW, comes with an asterisk. Believe me, I don't want to sit here and sing the same tune as others before me, as they make their desperate attempts to besmirch all you've done for SSW. Because even I, your biggest rival at the moment, can admit the good you've done for this company. I mean, since the second the ink dried on your SSW contract, it got plenty of people talking because you have that name recognition. Your brand alone manages to garner attention. Aria Jaxon brings in viewers and because she manages to pull in a bigger audience, she adds more money to the pot and that is something I certainly can respect because after all, money does make the world go round! And that right there is just one reason as to why I need to beat you this week. Beating you will only further legitimize my career. It will catapult my name into the discussion of the best wrestler today. I am not afraid to admit the truth. I am here for me, myself, and I. My motives aren't hidden, for they are out in the open in clear daylight for all to see and marvel at. What you see is what you get. And what you get when it comes Matias Navarro is the future face of this company. You see, while my stablemates are occupied with fighting for an inferior title in the Jr. Heavyweight Championship, I am fighting for something greater – that of course being the SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Championship. Or what about how they are fighting for the right to be called the leader of Tres Comas Club? It's pointless at the end of the day. Having that job title is about as legit as Dwight Shrute's assistant to the regional manager. But while they are busy fighting for that cardboard throne, I am fighting to become the leader of Strong Style Wrestling as a whole. And once I add that championship around my waist, I will rule this place with an iron fist.  

Some say I am walking into a lion's den this week while I beg to differ. The only walking I'll be doing is in the park when I snatch that title from your grip with ease. That is of course if this match is truly one on one, which I have my doubts about. I'm sure you have some tricks up your sleeve. Some ideas and cheap tactics you'd like to see come to fruition. And I'm obviously not asking for you to reveal your hand here. Nah, instead I suggest you continue to hold those cards close to your vest. It'll be that much more entertaining when everything you worked so hard for goes POOF! Into thin air. Truth be told, I don't fear you, nor your group. And by publically saying that I think this is the part where I deliver some heroic speech and state how it is my goal to not only become the SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Champion but to make The Phantom Troupe kingdom crumble at my feet as well. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. I am no hero. I don't wear a cape. I don't spin out of a phone booth and go on to save the day! Quite the opposite really. I am a horrible human being. Make no mistake about it. I will sink to the lowest of the low if it helps me get ahead in life. Just like I have no problem stepping over people, or better yet, backstabbing someone close to me if it benefits me in any way, shape, or form. After all, that is the Tres Comas Club way – hi Chase Vedder, how's it going? But in this battle of war or whatever the fuck you wanna call it, my inner demons are covered by the heinous acts that the Phantom Troupe dish out. Assaulting the likes of Brian Daniels and Vanessa Santiago. Or if we want to go back even further in time, before you and I even set foot on SSW soil, Steven Cassidy. Who? Exactly. John Doe erased that name from our memory. Excuse that small tangent. I just want to once again emphasize that I don't care about the havoc you wreak. In fact I will just turn a blind eye to it all. I mean, the Tres Comas Club investors don't pay me to to be nice or to rescue those who are deemed innocent in the crossfire. They want results. They want championships and that is exactly what I'll give them in the very near future. 

I have everything mapped out in my head. All of the possible scenarios, the outcomes, you name it, I've thought about it. And that's what I enjoy about SSW - the downtime. The schedule we work is light compared to other places I have been in. And since I have this extra time, I dedicate it to thinking, as well as reminiscing about the events that have led us to this point. The time Gronk assaulted me when my back was turned. The time you kneed me in the groin. You've done it all but throw sand in my eyes. Those were the lows, sure. But there have also been highs when I have laid you out on a few different occasions and each time, I got to raise the SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Championship, foreshadowing what will transpire come Supremacy. 

And that right there was your biggest mistake – letting me touch that title. I already wanted it beforehand because it intrigued me in the sense that it can't be bought. I could reach into my deep pockets and toss thousands your way, which is an obvious upgrade from the ones you used to stuff in your bra, but I digress. The point is, when someone tells me I can't have something, it makes me want it more. The craving only intensifies. The want becomes a need. And I need the Puroresu Heavyweight title to add to my collection of the finest things in life. And to do it, I obviously have to beat the champion, Aria Jaxon. And when I look into the eyes of our current champion, I don't know who the real Aria is. I mean before you made your arrival to SSW, you were all about justice. You were all about doing things the right way. You set a good example for all the children out there. A role model the parents didn't have to worry about negatively influencing their little bundles of joy. You went from having a heart of gold to a cold black one. Maybe it's not even existent who knows. But as I talk about this new version of Aria and the overall transformation you went through - dare I say you remind me of myself? Now, I wouldn't go as far as saying we are cut from the same cloth, because we aren't. We are two completely different people from two completely different backgrounds. But the one comparison I'd like to shed some light on is we both used to have the fans eat out of the of our hand. I can't speak for you, but when I was seen as some "fan favorite", it was all an act. I hated pandering to them. I hated every god damn second. I hated sporting that fake smile. I hated giving them high fives as I made my way to the ring, knowing those hands haven't been washed in weeks, if not months. But most of all, I hated crediting them for my success. Uttering bullshit lines like I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you, when it's the exact opposite. They wouldn't be sitting in those stands if it wasn't for the star power I had or the entertainment I provided. But believe it or not, this isn't about me. This is about you. This is about you from a year ago, or whatever the exact time frame was when you got all the cheers. I think you loved every second of it and deep down, you miss that reaction. You miss being greeted by those smiling faces. Seeing a sea of your merch out in the crowd. So, therefore, I believe this cold-blooded version of Aria is just a phase. Give it a year and I see you aligning with Shoot Nation. And I know that when it comes time for you to respond to my words, you will SHOOT that theory down, no pun intended. 

At this point, I think everything that needed to be said, has been said. I suppose I could go more in-depth about why I firmly believe I will take your championship come tomorrow night, but we both know you won't want to hear it and my words would only fall deaf ears as a result. Just like you can hype yourself up all you want by guaranteeing yourself a victory and then taking it to Twitter to do your whole AND STILL hashtag. I won't believe it for a second, so therefore it will be no use. Both of our minds are made up and we will continue to stick to our guns - very well then. 

Goodbye for now Aria - and goodbye to your short-lived reign as SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Champion!
on May 25th 2018, 4:23 pmJohn Doe
Traitor.

You stood there, a founding member of The Phantom Troupe, and turned your back on us all. Was it for the betterment of yourself? Could you not handle the hard decision making that came along with your duty to The Troupe? You couldn't handle looking down on everyone else - so instead you stooped as low as Shoot Nation. Your head is always looking up at us now. We're on top of this company and ruling it easily. There's no authority role nor contracted employee that can tell us otherwise. And now you're presenting yourself in a trial to plea for yourself. The crimes you committed are only justified with the public humiliation that comes along with your defeat. It is only fitting that I make an example of the stray sheep. You degraded yourself from being a lioness to a wandering sheep without a shepherd. You sought out guidance in Shoot Nation in hopes to find yourself again, but for what cost? Your life? I wish I could proudly take that and everything you built yourself up as in this company, but you barely did anything for yourself. You make unwise decisions that end up leaving you in the gutter to rot for the rest of time. Your life, your career, your presence in Strong Style Wrestling means very little to me. I have no care for a traitor, but here I stand - giving you the grand opportunity to prove you weren't wrong for leaving us. You can take your best swing at my neck, but it will be your only swing. I do not make the same mistake twice. I set this spectacle up for all to see. I put you on display and now it's time to take you down. You're a worn out relic that only is useful to worn out traditions. If you so wish to bury your reputation underneath the ashes of Shoot Nation, so be it. You'll see a world you could've have conquered, but now you'll bare witness to a world where you have no power in. You could have had everything by staying loyal to The Phantom Troupe. You could have ruled like a queen, but thankfully it wasn't that hard to find a superior woman to take your place. Unlike Vanessa Santiago - Aria Jaxon has not taken for granted the power of The Phantom Troupe. She utilizes it every single day by reigning supreme as SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Champion.

What have you done for yourself since disappearing and then reappearing on the wrong side? You waited, and waited, and waited, just to show up in the enemy forces, and it cost you dearly. Your crimes would not go unnoticed and they certainly weren't going to go unpunished. You need to be taught the difficult lesson in life. You need to be shown the consequences of your poorly timed actions. I've gone out of my way to do this. I'm giving you this platform and of course like the bottom feeder you are - you leeched yourself onto it. You knew this could be your one and only chance of breaking out of your shell without The Phantom Troupe there to support you. It's simple right? You do kill The Phantom Troupe leader. That's the only way you're walking out of Supremacy with an ounce of life left within you. You have to rip me apart, limb from limb, and put my head on a spike. I know you'll very well try, but it will be a poor attempt. Your strength has a limit, while mine does not. You've limited yourself by being under Shoot Nation's wing, while The Phantom Troupe continues to expand their horizons. I almost feel disgust how shackled you've become. I almost feel pity for how pathetic you are. I almost feel sorrow for how behind you are. I once saw potential in a woman with unlimited power, but now I just see a shade of what could've been. I see a distant memory of the young woman that was heading in the right direction, but took a wrong turn, and ended up nowhere. You aimlessly wander in every direction to find solace in the ultimate decision you made. I can see the conflict within your mind. You tell yourself everyday that Shoot Nation was the right decision, but the slip up of - "Was it?" - continues to haunt you. It will forever haunt you. I will never let you take a sip out of our glory ever again. You will sit on the sidelines and continue to watch the rise of The Phantom Troupe. You will be left behind, like the rest of these factions. You're the sheep without a shepherd. You wandered into the lion's den and we took you for our own. We raised you, nurtured you, fed you, but in the end - you were only being groomed to be feasted upon.
on May 25th 2018, 3:53 pmStark
We might be two months late on the button, but it’s finally here, my “dream match” with Jacob Senn himself. For him though, it’s probably more of a nightmare than anything. My man Senn over here thought that after getting unceremoniously dumped by EAW he could just hang up his boots, tie up his suit, and march on over here to Japan and run the show. Jacob Senn can’t wrestle, he’s an executive! He’s a diplomat! He’s just here for the greater good, for a greater SSW! Bull - fucking - shit. Power? In Jacob Senn’s hands? Anyone who’s ever taken a peek behind the curtain of this industry knows exactly just what Jacob Senn does with power in his hands, and let me tell you, it’s nothing good. No though, this motherfucker really said no when I challenged him to a match. All he wants to do is be the ‘greatest Chairman for the greatest company’ or whatever the fuck he’s saying, spouting greatest eight times a sentence like Donald fucking Trump. Both of these dudes are likely from the South. Don’t think that I buy for a second that you’re actually from Chicago.

I gotta let you know, I just don’t take no for an answer. That might have come out wrong, but in the world of wrestling - when it comes to making challenges to bitches like yourself - male bitches, of course, solely in the context of professional wrestling, when I want a match, I’m going to make it happen. I’ve spent the past five years of my career “doing it for the fans!” like a fucking moron and all it’s gotten me was a half decent reign with the EAW National Elite Championship and fired from that same company for sticking to my guts. At least when I challenged you on Dynasty, you gave me kind of a maybe - I mean, I still had to beat the challenge out of you then, just like I had to this time. Was saying yes really that hard? Am I not worth a match with the Almighty Jacob Sean? That level of disrespect really irritates me, actually, I’d go as far as to say that it offends me. Who the fuck do you think you are to turn down a match with me? Now as far as I can see, EAW was your everything when it comes to professional wrestling. What you probably don’t know about me is that my career goes way back past that. I came into the company around the same time as The Pizza Boy with even more momentum than he did off the bat. If I didn’t have personal issues dragging me down, I’d be as big of a star - maybe even bigger, than he was.

And that’s the thing, I know for a fucking fact that you’d lace your boots up in a heartbeat if The Pizza Boy challenged you, but you had the gall to turn me down. You turned me into this. We could’ve just squared up and put on that five-star dream match we were supposed to have at Reckless Wiring in the first place, but you just had to fucking. say. no. And that’s why we’re here now, Jacob Senn, preparing to not just put on a match, but to go to war. That’s what you’ve turned this into - a war. Ironic too, that you backing out of a battle turned me into this monster, ready to wage war not only against you but this entire damn company if I have to, if that’s what it takes to take you down. Before I wanted to beat you to prove a point. I was fighting for honor and for my pride. I don’t give a shit about any of that anymore. Fuck my honor. Fuck my pride. I want your blood spilled on the mat. I want your bones to be broken. I want your spirit crushed, your legacy tainted. I’ll achieve these things by my own hand.

That’s the other thing you don’t know about me, considering the most extreme match I’ve wrestled in EAW was an Ultimate X match. I’ve gone to wars much worse than this. In cages, in cells, with glass, with fire, I’ve fallen from heights that I shouldn’t have survived, I’ve taken shots to the head that should have killed me. I let the ganja turn me into a pacifist but I think it’s a testament to what a low-life bitch you are for me to get this mad, this bent out of shape over a match. There’s a reason I’m not going for the World Title, Senn. I’ve been World Champion. Now that we’re in SSW, whether it was EAW for you or WSE for me, that shit is worth the same amount of value. I’m not a rookie to you anymore like how it was in EAW. We’re legends of the same caliber. Doesn’t matter where we made our names, what it matters is that we made them at all. I’ve accomplished just as much as you have, I’m in the same kind of Hall of Fame you are, so again, my question is, WHY do you disrespect me? Why do you think you’re above having a match with me?

You can lie to yourself and say you’ve done it all. You can lie to yourself and say you’ve already bookended your career. You can lie and say that you don’t need anything more than SSW. I mean hell, you’ve faced and defeated all the legends! RoV! Lannister! Brian Daniels! But there’s one you’re missing. One you wouldn’t even have thought of. One you’ve made the deep mistake of overlooking, and for that you’re going to pay. You wanna be the Chairman so bad? I’m going to make it so that you can do just that for the rest of your life, in a fucking wheelchair. The mission has changed, man. I’m not just going to beat you, Jacob Senn, I’m going to destroy you. The future is here; there’s only room for one more legend in this land, and after Supremacy, it’s going to be me.
on May 25th 2018, 3:50 pmKhmoach Sangkat
SUPREMACY

Over the past week a question has been asked in one form or another time and again. It has been an enduring topic of conversation among fans and pundits alike, even my peers in the locker room. “Why did Khmaoch Sȃngkȃt change his mind?”, they murmur. Did I feel threatened from the beginning? Has The Apparition forced my hand? Has he done enough to make me believe that he truly merits the opportunity that now lies before him? In a sense, the idle repetition of these queries is of my own construction. The moment that I decided to accept the challenge I already had a simple enough answer. The breath did not leave my lips, however. The words of my thoughts were not ready to roll from my tongue until only now. You see, I was busy meditating on my own questions…

Merit?

There is none.

Deserving?

Bullshit.

Was Kawada really so naive?

Was Santiago when she turned her back on us?

Is The Apparition?

Am I expected to stand here and lionize the names of myself, Masanori Kawada, and The Apparition for what we are doing in our twilight years. There are few old men willing to run their creaking frames through searing flames of a young man’s game as we do. Is that to our merit? Are we to say that we are any more worthy because of it? Ascended paragons of diligence and bravery whose valour defies the very frightful ravages of time itself. Pah! Any man who humours that fairy story is a man who merits nothing. And we? We are less than nothing. If one could step inside our hearts, they would see not pristine lakes of sublime serenity but turbulent seas boiling over the coals of our searing anguish. A maelstrom of regret, worthlessness, anger, fears of the end, nightmares in the dark. This is not a dignified existence as some would have you believe. We are not by merit nor even, truth be told, by choice. The unbearable weight of our attachments pull us down like the currents. Down into the eye of the maelstrom. Down to the depths where even death offers no escape for souls.

[Khmaoch Sȃngkȃt raises the SSW Heritage Championship up to the camera.]

Look at it. The Firstborn. The Ancestor. A beginning which has no end. Look. Watch how it glimmers even in the low light.  Be taken in by it’s charms. Mark on it’s virginal purity in the face of the horrors which it has borne witness to. That is right. You already have.It was for the allure of this object that the crowds first came and so SSW was born into the world. A sublime act of seduction. Or was it rape? For some of us it feels like we were compelled beyond any meaningful choice. I wonder, can I say that I hold this Championship… or is it more accurate to say that it has a hold over me. The same way it had a hold over all those souls those months ago  when it main-evented the very first SSW event. The same way that it has a hold over the very Spirit of Justice. The same way that it has a hold over the Gods of the Nile. The way it has a hold over all manner of apparitions past and present. But this is not my privilege. This is not paradise. This is my prison, a purgatory for souls.

There is no merit in attachment

When one speaks of “merit” they are only calling the first name of arrogance. Is it not true that enlightened souls have no purpose for merit? They are beyond the temptations of desire and free to pass on into the aether. For the rest of us, we live paying the price for what we are. That is all. This cult of merit and honour that pervades puroresu shows that there are still many who need to be educated about how the world works. Let us look at this from another angle. Imagine if you will a corpse lying forgotten in a ditch, his family never knowing his fate. Imagine a young contender, his moment stolen by a road traffic injury before he even had a chance. Now children with bone cancer. A fly caught in the spider’s web. Tell me where deserving enters this conversation. Whom amongst these examples had earned every bit of their fate? If indeed there is a karmic system by which the universe allocates our lots, then it’s gifts are only dukkha for sins committed in a past life, one that we cruelly do not recall nor identify with. I do not understand what evils I must have commited to suffer the life that I have but I do know one thing for certain…

There is no merit in being a victim.

To my mind, it is better to stand as the face of terror than to fall another faceless casualty. Kawada unfortunately did not understand this. He knew the stipulation. He understood the risks. And yet he felt compelled to martyr himself in order to uphold the mere image of himself as a lone hero standing against the odds. He paid the price for his own compulsions as Atem Octavian Amun Ra did and indeed as we all do. He just doesn’t choose to accept that fact. But what of the compulsions of my next challenger? Is he at least more savvy regarding their nature? It is hard to say anything for certain. On one hand he has donned the mask and erased his past so as to stand here free of the laments of history. Yet, like Kawada perhaps this reinvention belies how closely his obsessions and regrets of the past truly sit to his heart. He has sought to evoke my father, against my actions. This, a man whose name, let alone will, he does not know. And yet it is difficult for me not to brush his words aside as an attempt at mind games. He has no past and is bound to it. He decries deception and manipulates with his words. He claims my title but merits nothing. He ought not be here, but here The Apparition appears. He is as he says a contradiction, a hypocrite… albeit a knowing one. Perhaps in this knowledge he stands taller than those who came before him. Perhaps he truly means to go beyond the brink where they had not. To enter into my world with neither a life to fight for nor a death for which to prepare but to simply be… or not, whichever the case is. The kind of apparition my opponent has in mind is one suspended between the states of being and not being. Ephemeral. Neither here nor there. But fundamentally unbound. Free to haunt the places he could not reach in more concrete days. Is this what it takes to receive more concrete results?

There is no merit in denial

Yet even in these terms he speaks of himself as a flawed concept. I know better than anybody when I say that a ghost is not merely a spirit trapped between two worlds. An apparition is neither very mysterious nor beyond categorization. A ghost is merely a soul who does not merit a new life and so has learned to hang tight to the one he is meant to be leaving.  That is all that I am. There are no two ways about it. There is no contradiction here. This business is not one for old men but just as Kawada was compelled to accept martyrdom, just as Amun Ra is compelled to suffer the interminable drought of the desert… I am compelled to hold this championship by Any. Means. Necessary. You have seen what I would do for this. You have seen the blood I am willing to spill. And don’t be mistaken, I am aware that there are all manner of men willing to suffer to stand where I am now. But this is what sets me apart. At Supremacy you will see that I will not suffer under any circumstances to be made a victim. And I will not suffer for anyone to get the better of me even once without reprisal. Even if it only was the one time on a house show in a tag match. As for The Apparition’s chances of walking out as SSW Heritage Champion… As if it needs to be said:

The thought does not merit consideration

Merit is just another attachment dragging at your ankles. Freedom is the blowing out of a candle. You step now into the dark… And the Ghost Pushes You Down.

Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum