Strong Style Wrestling

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Strong Style Wrestling
Strong Style Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I hate to do this... October 31st 2018, 10:53 pmJaydayne PendragonTwo vultures and a baby chick walk into a barOctober 31st 2018, 7:14 amLeberSSW PromosOctober 27th 2018, 10:47 pmSteven CassidyWhat song are you listening to right now?October 23rd 2018, 12:43 pmKai StevensThe VulturesOctober 13th 2018, 6:11 pmSaul OmenThe Compliment GameOctober 10th 2018, 11:20 pmSaul Omen
Upcoming PPV

Pay-Per-Views
January: Wrestle Spirit [Major PPV]

March:
Blood Moon [PPV]

May:
Supremacy [PPV]

July: Domination [Major PPV]

September: Event Horizon [PPV]

November: Clash of Dragons [Major PPV]

Top posting users this week
No user
Affiliates

Omega Wrestling Alliance

eWmania Top 100 eFeds

SSW
SSW
Admin
https://strongstylewrestling.forumotion.com
SSW Promos - Page 2 OaNPiWx

This is the SSW Promo Page! These are the promoing rules and must be abided by:

NO PROMOS FOR HOUSE SHOWS!
2 PROMO LIMIT FOR WEEKLY SHOWS!
3 PROMO LIMIT FOR PPVS!
4 PROMO LIMIT FOR MAJOR PPVS!
YOU CAN USE HOUSE SHOWS TO WRITE PERSONAL SEGMENTS, INTERVIEWS, OR WHATEVER TO HYPE YOUR FEUD! THIS IS NOT MANDATORY!
PROMOS WILL BE JUDGED BY A THREE-PERSON JURY SYSTEM BASED ON THE WRITER OF THE MATCH AND TWO BOARD MEMBERS!
DO NOT POST CHALLENGES ON THE PROMO PAGE!
DO NOT BREAK KAYFABE IN THE PROMO PAGE! THIS IS FAKE AND STORYLINE!

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jaydayne Pendragon
September 27th 2018, 12:06 amJaydayne Pendragon
落雷

️As the below speech if being played: Seating seiza style in a dark room, the camera focuses on Pendragon’s face. His face solemn, and the ever-fading red streak in his hair beginning to show areas of his normal black after all these months in SSW. He is approached by two geishas that tap on his shoulders and begin leading him away. ⚔

'War is like a fix. You know, you get high on war — “We won! We won!" — and then you look down on the ground again and you need another fix, you need another war. Why do you think we’ve had war after war after war after war? Every war, they say: “This is the end. This is the last war.” In World War I, they said: “This is the war to end all wars.” And then, not long after that, was World War II.' - Howard Zinn

️The camera goes to black until the fading streak of red hair is animated on. The video shows a hand stroking the streak as it become redder and redder as the voice of Pendragon is heard.

It has been a long time since I’ve referenced the Red Strife I’ve been waging here in Strong Style Wrestling. For good reason, it was a representation of the war I was unleashing upon the vile forces of the Phantom Troupe and all the others that abuse the home of strong style.  It wasn’t just about me. It was about Shoot Nation. It was about the people of Japan. Most of all, it was about my family. My family then, and my family to be one day. Getting to the pinnacle of Strong Style Wrestling made me not only able to put food on the table, it gave me the ability to finally pay off the mounting medical bills for my little brother in law, costs that was plaguing us for years. It made it so that my future children wouldn’t come into a world where people like Scott Oasis and Aria Jaxon thrive, while their father gives up on the fight. I made it, so I could look at my fiancée with pride, knowing she knows that she allowed the right man to come into her life and take on this world together. People are so obsessed with material pleasures that they forget what’s important, they forget about creating a world that you can be proud to live in. It isn’t easy, no one ever said it would be, it’s why so many people spent months laughing at me and criticizing me for upholding naïve values that were going to hold me back from being where I am today. If I listened to these people, I wouldn’t still be in Shoot Nation, I wouldn’t be the man that led the way for a change in SSW, I’d just be another scumbag on the roster resorting to any shortcut to get ahead. People don’t realize it, but the type of mindset they push into the world is the type of mindset that causes people to allow runoff pollution to poison people’s water supply if turning a blind eye will make you save a buck, it’s why we live in a world were so many people just don’t give a damn about one another. Spreading and fighting for your ideals matter. It’s like people forget, Brian Daniels came to Japan because he respected what Japanese wrestling was about and he was sick of the corruption he met in the west that people seem to think is okay to bring to SSW. To turn SSW into just another cesspool where freedom is trampled on and self respect is put aside just to survive another day is to lose track of the plot! What I do is beyond myself, this is for the culture!

But what happens when the war isn’t against psychopathic lowlifes? It’s simple for any man with a spine to stand up to the Phantom Troupe and crazed invaders willing the pillage the land, in fact any man with a spine would gladly pick up their arms to live or die fighting that fight. But what happens when you respect who you’re facing, and that person isn’t an obvious sickness upon the world? I stand with my enemies at my feet, the Red Strife victorious, only to find my ally with her sword unsheathed demanding for my spot, right after I got the job done! And while it is just after I cleaned up the place, I cannot deny that Belle is owed her due. She’s been one of the most loyal and determined people in the fight for this company. As I stand at this new frontier, this new war, I realize that not all wars are about the values you have against evil, but what values you uphold when it comes to limited resources.

There can only be one champion.

Can I look my fiancée in the eyes telling her I’m a man that can provide for his family whether in times of prosperity or depression, if I’d just toss away everything I earned at the first sight of another hungry stomach?

Can I one day raise children in a world that knows their father became a lame duck after fighting his way upstream?

And for my fellow Shoot Nation brothers and sisters, can I tell them that our fights against other factions are worth it, if at the end of the road one must lay themselves down at the alter of self sacrifice without ever enjoying the fruits of their labour?  What if The Apparition gets the Junior Heavyweight championship out of the vile clutches of TCC one day? What if Steven Cassidy and Shinati Mizarki win the titles this weekend? Will they just have to roll over and die after they finish the job?

No.

️Out of the darkness, Pendragon reveals himself with the red streak in his hair as bold in blood hew as ever before.

I have to be able to look you in the eyes and tell you a harsh truth Belle, I must tell you that right now I am the right person to be the champion! Which means, you aren’t, not today. I will justify the past months where I have led the charge! The fact of the matter is no matter how valiantly you fought, when the big bad Gronk was terrorizing SSW, you weren’t the one that was able to stop him and make it on top of Heaven’s Arena. When Aria Jaxon was bringing shame upon this industry, succumbing to being as corrupt as the people she left behind to come here, you weren’t able to reach her. I was, I was the one who put an end to the Mad Titan’s streak of mayhem and he’s never been the same since, and I was the one who delivered justice upon Aria. In some ways, I think you should find solace in it, solace in knowing it wasn’t an accident, it wasn’t some sort of fluke that you weren’t at the forefront of Shoot Nation, it just meant you weren’t the best yet. And being the best isn’t something that changes overnight, it’s something that comes with ability and discipline.  More than that, to stay the best, you must be able to adapt in the trenches. I watch your zest for supremacy, and I myself become inspired further. I have to thank you Belle. You weren’t afraid to rock the boat to make it clear that you were coming for the championship, regardless of if I was the one who had it. You didn’t care that other members of Shoot Nation like Vanessa might be concerned that you’d cause a rift in Shoot Nation and make us devolve into silly in fighting like TCC. You did that because you know, that despite us being in the same unit, the value that matters the most and must be upheld at all costs, is respect and desire for this Puroresu Heavyweight Championship. If we can’t honour this grand prize, then all the honour we display in that ring and in front of these people is for show, because this IS what this company is all about. At times, I struggled with deciding what’s best to do as leader versus what’s best to do as champion. With your example showing that the best thing to do as a fighting member of Shoot Nation is to be the best challenger you can be, yes I saw your victory over Cassius Corleone to show me up, I came to realize that being the best leader is to be the best champion I can be! So I must wage this Red Strife on you more than I ever have on anybody, because war never ends and war isn’t always making the easy choices. War is a motivation that never changes in mankind, it pushes us on because war is about defending who and what you love.

And I will defend this championship to my very end.

⚔️Mirroring his renewed resolved, Pendragon imitates the end of his first appearance: He swipes his hand slowly over the red streak in his hair before abruptly making a diagonal cutting motion at the end and the screen cuts in half, and the view goes to black.⚔️
落雷
Jaydayne Pendragon
September 22nd 2018, 8:53 pmJaydayne Pendragon
落雷

In the light, all ills are exposed and meritocracy is imposed.

When my Rakurai was struck down upon the darkness of this company for me to obtain the Puroresu Heavyweight Championship, everything changed. My opponent at Event Horizon disagrees, but I truly believe in this change.

Talents once ignored and placed haphazardly on event cards became the main figures of the company, and fat cats that became weak in their leisure have found their places in Strong Style Wrestling lost to names they’d never expect. Sometimes, this comes at my detriment.

Because I believe in the light, I’m not one to hide skeletons in closets and pretend that elephants in the room aren’t there. I’m respected by my peers and the fans, but I know my record in this tournament of Best In The World isn’t what people expected out of the world champion in Strong Style Wrestling. Before me, it looked like the champion lost quite a lot less often. This was because of the darkness the past champion was willing to cast over all of Strong Style Wrestling to get ahead. Victories through interference and cheap tactics, disqualifications, these desperate measures were utilized to falsely give an impression of invulnerability, until I cornered her into a match where no tricks could save her from the hardship of competition. I do not employ the dastardly tactics of the past champion, I do not rely on every opportunity possible to make sure no other talent gets a fair chance to prove themselves, so naturally I tend to face more hardship. But life is full of trade offs, I simply made my choice, my record may not be as clean, but my soul is….and that earns me the self respect and admiration from the locker room that I value.

Speaking of things being out in the open and trade offs, it would be inappropriate if I didn’t take the time to link that with my opponent this week and how it has ties to everything going on in SSW today. Damien Walker, the perfect example of The Ronin state today. The Ronin were never as grotesque as the Phantom Troupe or Tres Comas Club, but they always lived a life lacking discipline. A Ronin is simply a samurai that follows no path, they serve no person nor thing. Such an enticing existence draws many, having no values is easy ad alluring. But in time it has been revealed what that type of mindset brings. They’ve lost leader after leader, they’re ranks have dissolved from the top, bottom, and middle, now they’re led by an SSW new comer because there was no one else capable to take the throne and my opponent this week barely ever truly shows up to work. I’ll give the boy king his due over my opponent, at least the took the mantle despite it being for a faction of chaos that cannot truly be led.  In this time where new faces are emerging, Damien Walker allows his figurative fat gut to be exposed, his undefined body of work showcasing that he doesn’t have the fortitude to make something of himself in this land full of opportunity.

People like The Apparition, Steven Cassidy, Shinati, and begrudgingly the likes of Sabertooth and Cassius have all taken this time to reveal their talents in the light, while you squander it at all Damien. My opponent at Event Horizon, Belle Kingsley, claws through every obstacle in her path when she could be the type to rest on her beauty to get away with doing nothing in life, while an ogre like you treats SSW like you’re at a spa where your hands can’t go through dirt and somehow you’ll be able to get away with putting up minimum effort; like people are supposed to come up and give you a rub! It won’t happen. There are no free rides in my Strong Style Wrestling!

Unless you’re vying for a one way ticket to a place not even the Rakurai can make shine.

落雷
Saul Omen
September 22nd 2018, 7:41 pmSaul Omen
The Song of Saul Omen: Chapter XIV

[The sight of a morose chapel is revealed with the ruby stained glass and the obsidian structure itself left an ominous tone in the hearts of many. Once the giant doors carved with angels holding the rings of the door handles in their hands opened up, the light of dozen upon dozens of candles illuminated the inside of the sanctuary. The rows of pews for a vacant congregation, all in black with the cushions upon it red, gave a daunting feeling of the amount of worshipers could fill these halls before the sight of a sole man standing before the pedestal for which the preacher would use to deliver his sermons. Dressed in a suit of black, the man turns to reveal his face as one-half of the reigning SSW Freebird Tag Team Champions, Saul Omen. The look that has been placed upon his face is not one of wrath, determination, or even irritation. The solemn gaze that his face carries holds a calm stillness as the championship he claims is adorned around his waist. Saul seems as if the turmoil and the chaos that the world has been under, the words and jarbs of those that would prove to be enemies of his, they have not made a dent upon the impenetrable shield that has been cast around his own personal ego. The only thing that he can do at this moment is give a single smirk to signify his attitude in this very moment.]

Saul Omen: I have always been a man of principle. A man that hasn’t let his emotions dictate the path that he takes in his career here in Strong Style Wrestling. I have remained diligent in the endeavors that I have chased in this company and the result that it has brought before me is the glittering gold that rests around my waist where I can be known as champion for the deity that has provided me with such gifts. The divine being that has been worthy of the worship that I have given unto him for as long as I can remember, it has brought me to The Phantom Troupe that has guided me to the path where I could hold this championship in its honor. This dedication and servitude to the faith that I have carried within my heart has brought me glory to have unto his name. Everything that I have done throughout my entire career has led me to this point of glory to where now, there’s no other man that can contend with the fact that The Horseman of Death is a man that delivers on his mission. People would want to believe that this match where myself and CM Nas are forced to defend the SSW Freebird Tag Team Championships against two men that are already set to challenge us at Event Horizon for these golden trophies, it would bring irritation upon me. However, I do not find this opportunity to something of such trivial meaning, but I find this to be an opportunity to solidify The Phantom Troupe once more as the legitimate tag team champions of this company. This match that we have been placed in is to prove once more that these titles belong to us and I’m more than fine with bring ruin unto the opposition that has been placed before us. When Shoot Nation stood in our path, we laid waste to any of them that were placed before us. When The One True Pairing attempted to stand against us, they were dismantled and left broken without the precious golden bands to prove their love towards one another. When André Virgo stood in front of me and attempted to bring me down on his path to defending his championship at Event Horizon, he was put down in the same manner that all others have when confronted with me. That’s why I have been resolute in my faith of in Death and give him the glory of each victory that I attain. Unlike you, Steven Cassidy.

[Saul Omen gives another smile as he thinks about the hero that he has been a villain towards throughout their history in Strong Style Wrestling. It’s almost as if he takes delight in the thought of what he has down to Steven Cassidy through their history together.]

Saul Omen: Steven Cassidy, your entire career has been founded upon your emotions. You wear your heart on your sleeve and that is what I call a weakness. A weakness that has plagued your entire career since the very moment you stepped into the ring because it makes you an easy target. It made you an easy target when John Doe and I ended the career for your mentor, it made you an easy target when you were resigned to being the perennial underdog of this company to have opportunity after opportunity slip through your fingers, and it continues to make you an easy target when this match occurs between us now and at Event Horizon. Right now, you show that rage and fury onto your face because you believe that your justice will come and honor your fallen mentor by stripping this precious gold away from us, but how has that played out for Shoot Nation recently? When CM Nas or I have been involved in the equation, where has that left Shoot Nation in regards with championship gold and glorious victory? With hollow victories and nothing to show for it. Only with this Best In The World Series have you been able to achieve even a modicum of success and right now, you’re in battle with The Queen of Strong Style Wrestling herself for the right to be able to advance through this tournament to earn that title. Maybe now you have been able to figure out a method to use that emotion of yours to drive you through this tournament with victory, but not even that will be enough to be able to fight against me. I’m a man that embrace the weakness that you have, I remain focused on the task at hand and when we meet, it will be to keep this championship in the possession of The Phantom Troupe at all costs. However, I wouldn’t lie if I said that I won’t find a personal delight in torturing you personally all over again worse than you experienced before. If the nightmare that haunts your dreams is what I did in holding you back from being the salvation of Koji Senju from the wrath of John Doe when you crossed us, this will be a circle of Hell brought from the stygian void into the harsh reality that you will forced to bear witness to. How would it feel to relive the entire situation once more with Shinati Mizarki playing the role of your mentor that we ruined to the point of retirement? Will more horrendous nightmares would unfold once you’ve fought with me and experience firsthand what pain and suffering The Shinigami can bring out of a soul like you? Such thoughts bring a smile upon my face and this match that you hope will bring a sense of redemption and justice unto the wrongs that you have been met with throughout your career, but it will serve a reminder of the words that shall be burned into your brain when I kick your head right off of your shoulders.

Memento Mori.
April Song
September 22nd 2018, 7:36 pmApril Song
She wants to Run The Table.

He wants to Run His Mouth.

Well, two points is better than zero points. It wasn’t easy and it was not a work of art by any stretch of the fucking imagination, but I beat my good buddy Damien Walker and got some desperately needed points out of the match. One win, two losses. Only two points. Even with wrestling the Apparition, who I grossly underestimated, and that walking Ogre Scott Oasis, I’ve proven that I can very much wrestle with the men, even before beating my Ronin running partner. I mean, there WAS a reason that I was left confined on a certain program back when I was in a certain promotion in America: the men didn’t want any, what’s the term those kids use….”no smoke” with me? Something like that.

As I look at the block standings I see that I’m going to need a LOT of help if I have any hope of winning this block and making it to the finals. Also, any “margin for error”, as much as one could be had when you have the SSW Puroresu Champ, his top contender, and one half of the biggest fucking loudmouth duo I’ve ever seen in my 33 years of life, is gone. I can’t lose anymore. That’s just where things stand.

Even though I have an eye on the other matches going on, I have to take care of my own business. That much is certain.

[April puts on an exaggerated smile and starts to clap enthusiastically.]

WOW! You know my name and realize that I’m a woman! You were even able to deduce that I am at least partially Asian! Cassius, you’re a lot more perceptive than I thought a dumbass like you would be. Congratulations! Yes, my name is indeed April Song, April Jay Song if you wanted the full legal version, and I’m a proud member of Ronin. Does SSW have an image problem? Nah. Do we need to get the product out there and find fresh talent and fresh ideas to bring to both the puroresu scene in Japan and to extend that into the United States and beyond? Sure.

Does that mean you and your insane wifey get to dictate to me what flag I fly or who I represent?

Absolutely not.

See, here’s the thing. This tournament may not matter to YOU, your wife or anyone else, but it matters like hell to me. I gave up contracts elsewhere to try to help make SSW a legitimate, thriving promotion. I had to sit on the sidelines before as tournament after tournament after tournament has come and gone, first as a sitting champion who was forcibly excluded then to let my injuries heal up. Now that I’m here, every match, every moment, every chance to measure myself against the best men and women that the world has to offer is worth my time. It may not be worth it to a complete asshole like yourself, but it is to me. People like you, Cassius, I don’t care if 100,000, 10,000, or ten people were in the stands, I would fight you for free.

Don’t get it twisted though, this isn’t me trying to be the company woman and give a “rah rah” speech about how I need to help get SSW back on track. This is still very much a selfish action on my part. I want to win championships, I want to win tournaments, and I want to make sure Ronin is spearheading any forward trajectory that this place has. Oh, and there is a certain purple-haired BITCH that I have to get ready for. I haven’t forgotten about Aria and Event Horizon. Winning another tournament match and getting on a hot streak would be perfect preparation. I get hot in this tournament, maybe by the grace of the Lord knock off Jaydanne and earn a title match of my own, who knows the ceiling for me here?

Oh….but I’m a woman! And only Cassius’s little honey bunch can compete with the men!

Bullshit. Aria Jaxon, even though I loathe her, was the first Champion. Belle Kingsley, who kicked your ass and who I’ll have a chance to face myself soon enough, is the top contender for the title now. Tarah has proven all over the world that she can fight with the men when necessary. Good wrestling doesn’t know gender. And while some of you boys may be big enough to thwart some of our moves, a submission artist like me isn’t bothered by size differences too much. Ask Scott Oasis if he thinks I can’t wrestle after I damn near ripped his shoulder out of place.

I’ve been in the deepest, darkest ends of the pool, in the ring and out of it. I’ve fought people in mansions in Spain, done battle in some of the biggest and toughest promotions back home in the States, and served my country in Iraq and Afghanistan, seeing all sorts of horrible, vile things that would make a little punk like you wet your pants. No one in SSW, and that includes you and your darling wife or anyone in Phantom Troupe, scares me. I don’t feel fear. And I absolutely love a challenge.

You wanna know what happened the last time a bully took my lunch money, Cass? I can call you Cass, right? Anyway, I was about eleven years old, even smaller than I am now. She was about 13, bigger than me. I think she played volleyball or something and was an honor student. People didn’t realize or they didn’t care that she was a bitch. She had this nickname for me: “Shrimpy Nit.” Every day my first month or so of middle school, “Hey Shrimpy Nit, you got my money! Gimme my money you little shrimp!” She was a lot bigger and a lot stronger than I was at the time. One day, my mom saw me crying after she had harassed me on the way home after taking my lunch money.

My mom was one of the foremost jujitsu-ka in the world when she emigrated to the USA.

The next time I saw my bully, I put her in a double wrist lock and broke her fucking arm. Sure it took a few people witnessing her picking on me and my mother promising to never show me another hold (Oh, she lied) to keep them from expelling me, but it was quite worth it. When her arm healed up, that same bully once carried my books home for me when I was sick.

Not because she was scared of me….but out of respect.

I know how to deal with bullies, Cass. If you want to have a wrestling match and you kick my ass in the process, I can deal with that. But if you go trying to assert yourself and make a fool out of me and try to bully me, you will find that I can bully you right the fuck back. I haven’t even shown a tip of the iceberg of what I am willing to do to people who get me angry. So please, be the one idiot who really gets me angry so I can show you that my nickname “Killer Bee” was not given to me as an empty joke.
Christopher Sabertooth
September 22nd 2018, 1:51 pmChristopher Sabertooth
Approaching Horizon

Las Vegas, September 20th 2018.

“Yeah. Don’t worry about it. I have it all in control. Who does she think she is anyway? Alright…. Talk to you later.” Said Chris as he hangs up the call with Jaywalker.

“Cameraman… I see you already have begun recording. I hope you did not record the entreaty of my conversation with Jaywalker because it is confidential. And I will sue you if anything leaks out. Anyway, you are here to get my opinions on Vanessa Santiago. As you may have heard last week. She was apparently upset about what I did to Jessykah Schwarzenegger… Or whatever they call her. She is pretty much done now. So, this Jessykah made her glorious return making a statement by taking out Vanessa but unfortunately her paths crossed mine and that was all she wrote. And what do I get for taking out Jessykah… Thanks? No. This ungrateful woman thinks I should feel sorry for her just because I took away an opportunity to be at Event Horizon. Normally, I can understand that sentiment because everyone wants to be on the main show. Everybody deserves to get a fatter paycheck. But hey…. What happened with Jessykah was just tough luck. Even if it was Jaydayne Pendragon opposite me in that ring on that night, the fate would have been the same. I don’t care who I am facing s long as I get my message across and that’s exactly what I did. Now, you could be a little more grateful and thank me for taking care of that useless piece of trash for you. And as far as Event Horizon goes, it ‘s for you to figure out another way into the card. That’s not my problem. Jacob Senn should have been more careful in booking that matchup for me. If he really didn’t want anybody getting hurt… He could have just handed me my easy paycheck for one promo and he was set anyway! Whenever I am on the screen, people tune in. So, my job was done regardless of being in a match or not. My job is to appear on that screen and bring eyes to the product and that’s exactly what I did. That’s what I have been doing for a long time in OWA.” Said Chris as he walks up to the mirror. He fixes his hair before walking to his closet and taking out a fancy jacket to wear over his outfit. He puts it on and turns to the camera.

“But don’t worry about it, Vanessa. You asked for the match with the future of Tres Comas Club. The future of SSW… And that’s exactly what you will get. I will take care of the problem for you. You don’t need to worry about Event Horizon anymore because just like Jessykah, you won’t be making it to the show either. And it’s not much to do with you…. I am unbeaten in OWA and as much as I would have liked to say that I am unbeaten here in SSW, that prick Matthew caused my perfect record. Miles did get one over me but I took care of that last week at Olympus. So, I have made my intentions clear. Matthew… Event Horizon gets closer by the day and so does your retirement. Because, that’s what I do. I will make your career when you do face me at Event Horizon. You would have never looked better. You would never have more eyes on you than that very day. But sadly, I will also have to destroy it. Because, when it all settles down. Matthew, you are just a wack-job stuck in the 80s for all we know with your neo-noire bullshit that you are trying to pull off but miserably failing to do so. You think you will get into my head with that? Give me a break!” Said Chris as he has a grin over his face. He takes out his most expensive cologne that he owns and sprays it all over his upper body.

“Coming back to Vanessa. Now, I really would love talking about your accomplishments and your impact in SSW, if you had any. But since you don’t…. It’s hard for me to find things to talk about somebody like you. But don’t you think for once that I am distracted my Matthew’s antics for a second. I am ready for any opposition that Senn wants to put in front of me. It doesn’t matter because that output will always will be the same. My hands raised in victory. Now, Vanessa. I hear that you used to be part of The Phantom Troupe. And you actually did things that mattered.  There aren’t many of such feats but sure… At least you had something going for you. But ever since you declared yourself to be part of the Shoot Nation banner…. You have been nothing but a disappointment. You were easily blindsided by Jessykah which is embarrassing considering what I did to her few weeks ago. Didn’t even have to put much effort into it. Things do come easy to me… You’re right to call me a prodigy. Because that’s exactly what I am. I have always been great. All I lacked before was the confidence in my ability and when I got that…. There was nothing stopping me in my path to glory. I would say that I see you as a threat to my journey to Event Horizon but that would be hysterical coming out of my mouth. If I were you, I would try to tap out and just lay down for the pin fall immediately as the bell rings if you still want to find your way into Event Horizon. Because honestly…. I don’t think I can go easy on anybody. I am just wired that way. I just operate at a higher level than everybody else without a lot of effort. So, careful what you wish for Vanessa. My path to Event Horizon is clear as day. I will get my hand on Matthew and I will destroy him. And as for you. Jessykah will most likely not make it to Event Horizon after what I did to her. And after this weekend… You probably won’t either. “Said Chris as he lets out a maniacal laughter before calming down and blankly staring into the camera.

“I can go on and on about my talents and abilities but I think my actions are even louder than my words. And people say I talk a lot. Funny. Anyway, I would love to spend more time on you and your imperfections, Vanessa. I really would! But I have an amazing night planned ahead and I would much rather spend my time with people worth being around than in front of a camera. My job here is done. See you Sunday!” Said Chris as he walks towards the door of his hotel room.

“What…. What are you still doing here? I said my job is done. That means it is time for you to leave. Now switch off that camera and get out of here!” Screamed Chris as the cameraman stumbles and immediately switches off the camera. The screen goes static.

Osaka, September 22nd 2018

Chris is seen walking out of the Itami Airport, Osaka. A cameraman walks up to Chris as he makes his way towards the SSW Bus.

“Why are you following me?” Asked Chris but the cameraman didn’t reply.

“What do you want? Did Vanessa Santiago have anything to say about me? Does she fancy me? What is it? Because if you don’t begin talking…. I might have to kick your ass for wasting my time.” Said Chris as the cameraman stops.

“Kon'nichiwa Kurisu. Dai fan! Anata wa watashi no tame ni kono kamera ni shomei shimasu ka?” Said the man with the camera.

“NANI?!” Screamed Chris. After which he begins laughing and starts walking towards the bus.

“All I got from that is fan.... So I am guessing you are a fan. And of course you are. Who isn't? Also, I am guessing you asked me about my strategy against Vanessa tomorrow. I am going to kick her ass. Ketsu isn’t it? Isn’t that what they say here? Hey Virgo… What do they call you in Japanese?” Asked Chris but Andre proceeds to ignore him and make way to the Tres Comas Club SSW Bus.

“Anyway. I would love to talk more to you. I have no idea if you are even understanding a single word I say. But honestly, I prefer it that way. Vanessa Santiago…. It’s funny that you asked for this match. You could have just walked up to Jacob Senn and pleaded to him to be added to some other match at Event Horizon. But you chose to fight for your right to be on the show. And I respect that… Kinda. So, I will try not tend you career tomorrow. But I cannot promise not putting you on the shelf indefinitely. Loopholes everywhere! Bai Bai!” Said Chris waving his hand to the man before flipping him off and laughing to himself. He then proceeds to enter the Bus.
The Apparition
September 22nd 2018, 10:30 amThe Apparition
Isaac Newton once famously stated that he stood on the shoulders of giants. He would have never uttered this quote if he was familiar with the existence of the Psycho Driver.

Expectations are always heavy things to bear. When are at the top of the mountain, the only place for you to go is down. This is the curse that Jaydayne Pendragon currently bears, and in his attempt to reach a high ascendancy by challenging himself further, the leader may indeed fall subservient to his peons. The irony of an Englishman ruling over a Welsh and a Canadian who are now in danger of taking what he holds dear is beautiful in and of itself.

But that is something for the far future agenda. Jaydayne is a rightful pinnacle of Strong Style Wrestling, but he is far from the terrifying force of nature that is Scott Oasis. For a man whose ancestors seemed to admire quiet peace and desolation, the only aspect from his namesake Scott has taken is his solitary nature. While an oasis famously saves and nourishes in a hard environment, Scott creates his own harsh environments for anyone who is unfortunate enough to stand in his wake. He is a force to be feared, but also a force to be overcome. If Oasis could wrestle even half as well as Jaydayne, then he would have the entire company on its knees, bowing down to his majesty.

But ultimately, while far from sloppy, Scott has shown that his true strength lies in his strength. You might not be able to even come close to him in an arm wrestle or a powerlifting contest, but in a sprint or a display in technical mastery, the likes of the Apparition and Jaydayne Pendragon alike left him in their dust.

As the Apparition sat silently, the glow of the television screen slowly absorbing him into his skin, his focus was on one subject of the multiple cut-ups of matches. To nobody’s surprise, this was Scott Oasis, doing his best to make a series of SSW’s finest look like they weren’t even worthy of being in his league. His strength overwhelming as always capped off his strengths, but as the feed turned to how he could be beat, the answers became clear. Quick strikes, constant mobility, and submissions to wear him down if only for a bit.

So basically in this very fruitful study session, The Apparition learned that he had to fight the same way that he was used to fighting. Quick, yet hard. Fast, yet precise. Wearing down the opponent before his opponent could wear down him.

You would think that beating Jaydayne, being entered into a chance to compete for the SSW Jr Heavyweight Champion on behalf of Shoot Nation, and heading into the Best in the World series at 3-0 would put the wind in the Apparition’s sails. The Forgotten One was never one to rest on his laurels, however. At least not at this stage of his life.

Scott, Jaydayne, Belle, Penance, Miles, Damien. It didn’t matter who you put in front of the Apparition. He was finally on a roll in this company, and now has his eyes on even higher prizes. Cassius might have balked at being offered a chance to reclaim some form of gold for himself, but success had made the Apparition greedy. He was offered the world, and he was willing to take what was promised to him with both hands.

He didn’t want to say, but the Apparition thought a lot since his recent victory over Jaydayne. Is this just beginning of a new chapter, or will the second verse be the same as the first, just in reverse? Well, there was only one way to find that out, and that required beating up all of the other Best in the World competitors, before he finally got his shot on the Puroresu belt. The very idea that he was in the running for such a thing amazed the Apparition, but if he had turned over a new page in his career, then it was time to throw the entire book at someone who deserves it. Namely, Scott Oasis.
Steven Cassidy
September 21st 2018, 11:37 pmSteven Cassidy
((We see Steven training with one of Shoot Nation's Young Lions in their gym. Looking on is Steven's mentor, Koji Senju. He almost looks disgusted in what he sees. Steven is acting a little different. He's a little too confident, as he continues to wrestle circles around the Young Lion. You can see Steven is moving his mouth, but you can't hear the exact words. But it appears he's taunting. Steven finally finishes the Young Lion off with his Wishful Sinking submission. Steven gets up and dusts himself off. He walks towards Koji.))

Steven: "Hey Koji, whatchu think?"

Koji: "Bad sportsmanship."

Steven: "What?"

Koji: "You didn't help him up. Bad sportsmanship."

((Steven turns around and notices the Young Lion struggling to get up, but he manages to do so. He looks at Steven, like what the fuck is wrong with you, kind of stare. Steven realizes he messed up and walks over to him to apologize. He then walks back towards Koji.))

Koji: "I too owe an apology, for I didn't introduce myself. Hello, I'm Koji Senju and you are?"

Steven: "Um, Steven..."

Koji: "Steven what?"

Steven: "Cassidy?"

Koji: "No you're not. Do you think identity theft is some joke? Because I know Steven Cassidy. He's a close friend of mine. Like a younger brother. And I know for a fact that Steven Cassidy wouldn't act like you just did. Acting like you're better than everyone else. As if you can't be touched. So arrogant, you are. And I for one am disappointed."

Steven: "...."

Koji: "You have nothing to say for yourself do you? Look, Steven, I get it. You are finally getting a taste of success. Being 4-0 in the BITW Series is very impressive. I am not here to dispute that. But when you win matches, act like you've done it before. Instead of getting all boastful and arrogant. You must remember that in professional wrestling, anything can happen at any time. In most cases, there aren't any warning signs. It just happens. Whether it be career-ending injuries or heartbreaking losses. And with the way you're acting, you're setting yourself up for the latter. When it comes to the BITW Series, it obviously isn't over. There are still what, three opponents you have to face in the A Block? You might be tied atop the standings right now, but that could easily change - kind of like how you are slowly changing. If you continue to act this way, aka the Steven Cassidy I see today, hmmmm - I give it 6 months tops."

Steven: "Six months till what?"

Koji: "Until you join The Phantom Troupe."

((Steven looks shocked at what he just heard. You can tell he took that comment to heart and doesn't know how to respond.))

Steven: "I would never!"

Koji: "You say that now, but who knows? If you continue to let this win streak get to your head, if you continue to make an ass out of yourself, it would be foolish of me or anyone, to rule that possibility out. You yourself said a few weeks ago that you didn't want this business to change you as it has to countless people before you. That you still want to be that happy go lucky Steven Cassidy, who is just happy to be living his dream and that's fine. But look, you're beginning to shed your underdog skin for your top dog coat. And how you respond to the sudden fame and the growing popularity is up to you. Not me or Jaydayne, BUT YOU! We can't hold your hand through this transition. You're an adult, so you make your own choices. Make the one you feel is right."

Steven: "Okay, maybe you're right. Maybe I am getting a little too confident and I need to deflate my ego before it becomes a problem. This is all new to me, okay? I am not used to winning streaks. I am not used to people recognizing me on the street, asking me for an autograph or a picture..."

Koji: "Then get used to it." 

((Koji walks away, leaving Steven to his thoughts. He sits down on a bench and pours his water bottle into his hands and splashes his face with it. Then he grabs a towel and wipes it off. He is just trying to regain his focus so he can talk about his upcoming match this week.))

Steven: "I don't know how to start this off. It's not just because of all the topics I have to address and cover - but because I just got a bit of a wakeup call. Something I needed, as well as something I need to think about when this camera is no longer rolling. These past few days, I haven't' been myself because I've been too busy riding this high since my win over Khmoach. Something most people didn't think would happen. Like the Cleveland Browns ever winning another football game. Both recently happening. Ironic right? But deep down, even I had some second thoughts before that match. You see before us wrestlers head into our matches, we talk ourselves up with these cameras filming our every movement and capturing our confident tone. We act as if there is no way we can lose because it is simply not an option. Basically, the whole goal is to make everyone believe that the person who is talking is going to win. And whether I convinced you guys I was going to win last week or not, I don't think I even convinced myself. Because every now and again, you face someone who makes you doubt yourself. Not to the point where you shouldn't even try or show up, but just enough to make you wonder if you truly have enough to beat them. Last week was a classic example when I went toe to toe with the beast known as Khmoach Sangkat. All week long I had butterflies. I often found myself pacing back and forth, thinking about the way he has decimated his opponents and how I could be next. But once I walked down the ramp and had all of your support, the nerves went away. The second-guessing disappeared. The thought of me losing was no longer a thought. I was confident as soon as that bell rang. Confident, not arrogant. I was careful. I studied the tape and it helped - and I think it shows. I had my head on a swivel. I had just about every possible scenario mapped out. In the end, I dug down deep, I never gave up, and I walked away with the victory. A shocking moment to most, but not to myself. I prepared for that match. I worked hard for that match. Like I told Khmoach, I wasn't going to let him deny me from that victory and this week is no different.

And what a surprise this week is, for a few different reasons. For starters, we have The Phantom Troupe's Saul Omen and CM Nas willing to put their SSW Freebird Tag Team Championships on the line against Shinati and myself. Meaning that the two of us will have to compete in back to back weeks, and then Event Horizon the next. I am by no means complaining about this heavy work schedule. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Any time I get to wrestle in front of these fans is a blessing. A blessing I don't take for granted. But there is still some confusion here. Such as, why would CM and Saul put their titles on the line before our title match at Event Horizon? Is it as simple as they confident they can beat us, or is it because they have something up their sleeves? Who knows, but I am not going to put my tinfoil hat on and come up with endless conspiracy theories as to why. I don't need to anyways. Because I think it's quite clear that they think we are easy pickings. That we are just some pushovers that they will be able to steamroll, but how wrong they are. And what a mistake they've made. A fatal mistake at that. This match is just proof that cards are subject to change. Because sure, both of these teams, along with OTP, will be fighting for these tag titles next week at Event Horizon, but there is one major difference and that is Shinati and I will be the ones defending those titles. What a gift that you have given us. I just feel bad I have nothing in return to give to you. But, I don't think you will care when you drop those tag titles. Especially when it comes to CM Nas. What I am about to say, is something Nas won't admit to. He will stand up on his soapbox and try to debunk the words that are soon to escape my lips, but oh well. It's something that needs to be said and brought to attention nonetheless. I don't think you care about being a tag team champion in particular. Seeing as how it isn't even the most important title that you have. That would be the OWA World Heavyweight Championship. And even though being a dual champion is cool and all, I am sure it takes its toll. Going back and forth between OWA and SSW. Flying from the US to Japan and back to the US, it has to get tiring. But have no fear, for Shoot Nation is about to make your life much easier. When we take the tag titles from The Phantom Troupe, then you can concentrate that much more on your career in OWA. 

And then there is Saul Omen. I would be lying to you if I said this match is just an ordinary one to me. Because it's not and no, it's not just because it's a title match, but because of what you have done in the past. And this week you are about to learn that every decision you make, has consequences staring back at you in the rearview mirror. I still remember that night, Saul. The night where you and John Doe ended Koji's career - almost mine as well. The night you held me back as Doe wouldn't let up on Koji because he had a message to send. I could go into the details, but I think it's well documented by now. Plus, you would just revel in it all over again. I am sure you are proud of your actions. Just like I am sure you are proud of The Phantom Troupe as a whole. You haven't stopped smiling since you won those tag titles. In fact, that's pretty much all you did last week. You smirked and then you said roughly five words. Well, Saul, I am going to love every second of knocking that stupid grin clean off your face. I am going to enjoy every second of giving you a taste of your own medicine. This is personal to me, Saul. It might not be personal to you and that's fine. To you, you were just obeying orders that night, which is what you're best at, taking orders that is. First, it was Doe, now it's Aria. It will never be you calling the shots. You will never lead because you aren't fit to be a leader, just like you're not fit to be champion. You see for so long I've wondered about what kind of revenge would serve you best. What would hurt you the most. And I used to always think it would involve some kind of physical pain, but I now realize that is no longer the answer. Instead Saul, I think taking your tag title and putting it around my waist will suffice. Don't you think?"
The One True Pairing
September 21st 2018, 2:38 pmThe One True Pairing
SSW Promos - Page 2 D4L2YqU76pQY40AlhszN24bvzbcD6VvvZewbCNRwOrFYqILOS9_Rh-Nf88sFh2jzXuEkgYDy1Yn1cfbeo2ijVDGrpeBuG_bmCLlcQQtAfYhz_7TuHC1Hvba-acsuE_pNG_5mmWBk

There is no shame in admitting you’re wrong.

Of course, this isn’t one of those times.

Win, lose, tie - blah, blah, blah - it never mattered what the outcome was when I stepped inside the ring with Belle. Just like the outcome of any of my matches in this pointless Tournament have never mattered. You know what REALLY matters? Getting the OTP brand name out there for the World to see. Nobody cares about watching any of you people wrestle, why do you think this company is dwindling with every passing day? It doesn’t matter how much you’ve busted your ass and trained all your life to become the best in-ring competitor you can be. Never mattered in the slightest. Hell, look at our dear Puroresu World Champ: Jaydayne. A man that personifies everything about Strong Style Wrestling. He’s Asian, he’s small, he’s a vacuum of charisma, and in any other company he would never even remotely stand out, BUT… But, but, but… He’s a good wrestler. There you go. There’s the formula for success here in SSW. Congrats to Jaydayne - good wrestler. Except, he’s supposed to be considered not just A good wrestler, but THE good wrestler. I’m here taking losses to Belle Kingsley, but no matter what else happens - no matter who I lose to in any fashion, the fact remains that I beat the so-called best this company has to offer, and then I threw his little challenge in his face for a chance to regain my Cherry Blossom and I’s Lovebird Tag Team Championships. This entire company absolutely REEKS of tenacity. It’s filled to the brim with underachievers wishing they were overachievers. It’s nothing but a bunch of mediocre fish swimming in shallow waters and pretending it were the deepest, darkest parts of the ocean when they know for a fact none of them would EVER survive if it came to that. You’ve got wills that bend, and you take pride in knowing they’ll never bend quite enough to break, but does it really matter? Does anyone REALLY care? Nobody’s watching you compete. Nobody’s sitting at home watching you put your body - Hell, your LIVES on the line. This company is like a sick and twisted lab experiment in futility. Tenacity is all you people got, but tenacity only prolongs the inevitable.

Which brings me to - let me check my notes here…. April… Song? Okay, whatever. So she exists, apparently. I’m at least assuming this is a woman, anyway. It absolutely ASTOUNDS me how many women believe they have anything even remotely what it takes to compete with men, when they know that only my Cherry Blossom is capable of such a thing. Don’t let this Tournament start fooling you - we’re not here to win. We’re simply here to be here. We’re here to remind you that very, very soon, the One True Pairing will take back their rightful place on top of this company. NOT just the Tag Team Division - this entire company itself. Before long it won’t matter what klique you’re pledging your loyalty to. It won’t make a single Goddamn difference when it comes down to it, whether you’re Shoot Nation or Ronin or Phantom Troupe or even Tres Comas Club itself. OTP is on a mission unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. We’re going to take back OUR Championships, and then we’re going to do you all a favor and sweep up the remnants of this company, throw it in the trash, and rule over it until we grow bored and move on to something more worth our time.

April Song is just a tiny, tiny, TINY little piece of this trash. She is a microcosm of garbage that serves absolutely no fucking purpose existing in our new Kingdom. When we take back our place, and move on from there and beat your other supposed “more important” Titles into oblivion, we’re going to get rid of pointless, underwhelming Tournaments like the one you’re witnessing us compete in right now, and April Song is just a stepping stone towards that. She, like many, many others, will become obsolete and useless because their precious dreams have been shattered and cut them to pieces and suddenly the World Title, much like the man who holds it, will be worthless. And she’ll have no one to come to her aide when OTP rolls into town to knock her down and steal her lunch money. You all will be united under one flag, and that is our’s. You’ll all get to sit on the floor while we sit at the table. You’ll all witness the ascension of the most dominant duo in professional wrestling and sports entertainment alike. And you will thank us for what we’ve done to make you people more relevant than you’ve ever been or ever will be in your entire pathetic LIVES! You’ll go from four individual stables into one united front molded into serving no other purpose than being our cannon fodder, and that will be how the rest of your lives go. That’s what the future holds for you, April. You get to stop wasting your time endlessly wandering through your miserable existence, doing absolutely nothing of value. Instead you get to serve a purpose. A TRUE purpose. You’ll finally get the opportunity to feel as if your life truly has value. You’ll get to feel special. Hell, ALL of you will get to feel special. You’ll be the special pedestal that Sakura and Cassius Corleone stand upon! Everyone gets to be special! Congratulations!

And if everyone is special, no one is. That’s the way it should be.
Belle Kingsley
September 20th 2018, 2:38 pmBelle Kingsley
One week till my SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Championship Match at Event Horizon. As the weeks progress, the more I cannot believe this is actually happening. I still cannot believe that Jaydayne Pendragon actually agreed to this match up. Why would he agree to give a woman who has lost more times than she has won a chance at Strong Style Wrestling’s main championship? I know I was emotional when I threw down the challenge, but I never knew that Jaydayne would agree to the match. Perhaps, this is my golden opportunity to prove to Jaydayne and the rest of Shoot Nation that I am deserving to be part of the faction. I do bring something to the table for Shoot Nation. I am not going to lie, but I am nervous as hell about this match. The more I realize that this is actually happening, the more nervous I get. The more faster my heart beats of the fact that this is the biggest match of my career. This is the biggest opportunity that I have ever gotten. There are going to be people in the back that want me to fall flat on my face. There are people who would love nothing more than for Belle Kingsley to lose once again. There are people who will think that it is impossible for me to defeat Jaydayne. He has gotten the best out of me in the past. I was outsmarted by him and I am not going to hide the fact that he got the victory when it mattered. That is something that I haven’t been able to do. Don’t get me wrong; I managed to get a victory over Cassius Corleone, a man who has gotten the best out of me in the past. I don’t know about anyone, but that took some weight off my shoulders. It has proven that I can win a match. I can face opponents who may look impossible to defeat and manage to defeat them in the end. People can call it luck. People can call it a fluke, but it is a victory in the books for me and that is all that matters.

I got to admit something: I have no idea who Falke Halstenberg is. Apparently, he is a member of the Phantom Troupe, but just like me, he has only won a match in the Best in the World Series. Now, I don’t want to discredit his victory. I am a woman who hasn’t been doing well in this tournament. I fully believe that anything can happen in this tournament. I mean, who in the world expected me to defeat Cassius Corleone last week? There was probably people who believed that Cassius would have wiped the floor with me. He was a man who had gotten the best out of me in two different occasions. Now, Falke is from  Germany and he seems pretty passionate about where he is from. He is so proud about where he comes from that he refuses to shut up about it. I can be mean and approach this match and call him a “Nazi” and a bunch of German stereotypes that he has probably gotten a billion times throughout his five year career, but that’s not me. I don’t like stooping low and just ranting about stuff that does not concern me. Falke will approach this match and try to provoke me. He will probably use anything to get under my skin. I can tell that is a confident man. He know who he is as a wrestler. He knows that he can go out there and give everything he has. He will pour everything into this match and get a second victory in this series. However, I plan to be the woman who puts a stop to that. I got a huge match ahead of me and I would love nothing more, but to get another victory under my belt. I would love nothing more than to prove that Jaydayne has something to worry about when facing me in the ring. He will not be getting the Belle Kingsley, who he managed to get a roll up victory over. He will be getting a different side of this woman from Cardiff, Wales. This goes the same for Falke. He will be more than willing to stoop to lower levels to make sure that he walks out of this match as a winner, but I will be the woman who puts the stop to all of that. I will be the woman with my arm raised in the end and moving onto Event Horizon and proving my worth to Shoot Nation.
Khmoach Sangkat
September 15th 2018, 11:29 pmKhmoach Sangkat
The Phantom Troupe, above all else and anybody else, aspires to greatness. Among all other formations in professional wrestling, few so readily accept the mantle of Best In The World as vigorously as we do. The Phantom Troupe are the ones who reach out and touch the ultimate. The Phantom Troupe are the ones who reject weakness and limitations, instead projecting our presence ever outwards in complete unity and oneness with all events. Always in the headlines. Always at the centre of attention. Always relevant. Think about it. Allow your thoughts to drift so easily to the feeling of anguish which accompanies our names. The One True Pairing and their tainted love that has been tearing each apart. The downfall of Tarah Nova and the chaos that grips Ronin as a young boy with no experience of leadership attempts to fill the gap. And mark individually each crusade: Kawada. The Apparition. Pendragon. Steven Cassidy… There is a thread which runs through each of these. An uncaring force of nature. A fundamental constant of this universe. In each case, we are the great and terrible adversary. We are the spur to action. Everything seemingly revolves around our axis because if not us then who is the centre? By what mechanism does this samsaric system of sufferance keep turning, if not the Phantom Troupe?

As much as it pains me to say it… I’m not asking rhetorically.

After all, we are only human, isn’t it? Not Buddhas nor man-eating Asuras. As much as we so heartily enjoy being singled out for special treatment, we are as much products of the grander cycle as everyone else is. The truth is that there’s a force in SSW that is more pervasive and destructive than even we are. We call it shame. Others call it ‘honor’. The distinction is futile because one necessarily presupposes the other. Just a change in perspective separates the man rushing headlong for honor’s sake and the man who turns and flies for fear of shame. They are one and the same. Every dignity reeks of disgust. Every pang of guilt is raised up upon the pedestal. This is the painful paradox which becomes of that twisted thing called ‘morality’. When a man falls short… When he feels ashamed in himself, then the expectation is to make amends through sacrifice. When Masanori Kawada failed on the first night to stand up against the Troupe he made a firm statement of resolve. He would stand against us again. He would bleed again. In a time of weakness Masanori Kawada swore an oath to suffer and suffer and suffer and give piece after piece of himself until success finds him. We all have seen how that has turned out. John Doe has been spirited away from us but ultimately it is The Phantom Troupe who stands taller as Kawada slips into a decline which will be unsalvageable by the end of this series. A code of honor is a nihilistic thing. Failures remain unforgiven. They mount each other and multiply. As the toxic pursuit of absolution stretches out in front of them beyond bounds like the ultimate, the honorable demand of themselves the ultimate sacrifice.

This is the first contempt of honor.

There are athletes in the locker room who would quite literally die just to do so holding this SSW Heritage Championship as do now, or even to have the epitaph “Best In The World” chiselled into their tombstone. I doubt men like Kawada and The Apparition really do believe deep down in their hearts that they will ever make up for their failures. Men like these are so drawn to the idea of self-sacrifice at the altar of petty ideals like “Justice” because, whisper it quietly, they secretly believe that it doesn’t really matter when they meet their demise. They already see themselves as worthless and disposable. They don’t really care about going out, just as long as they do so the “right” way. Of course, every right has a wrong. The right honorable path does not satisfy itself with attaching shame to its own sacrificial lambs.

This is the second contempt of honor.

A fight fought to reclaim honor must necessarily avenge a supposed injustice. And as it is said, if one should go in search of vengeance he need dig two graves. Again, the Phantom Troupe are not saints nor buddhas. But we know of nothing so savage and harmful as the righteous indignation of your supposed heroes. Nothing is so fierce as the vindictive hatred that some hold for myself and my comrades. Kawada has spent his entire SSW thirsting for Phantom Troupe blood. It all started with a fleeting moment. One tiny quantum event which may or may not have changed the course of history. But that is all it takes. That is all that we have… Mere moments. We know naught of the future and even memories of the past can quickly escape us. Moment after moment all vanishes. The suffering of any excruciating memory is like a past life. It does not exist in the here and now but, fuelled with regret, the heroes will make that suffering their present experience. It is easy to point the finger at what we have done but we wish for simple things. Everything. Every precious thing in front of us that is not nailed down to the floor we take, but there is a finite affront in our taking. The umbrage of the self righteous knows no bounds. A foolishness… Whatever gnawing anger one feels, the mind is not a territory which the enemy can merely step into. If one person hates another person, whom does he hurt most, if not himself? The righteous are thus the cause of their own pain.

Why then do they hate us at all?

It is amusing to me. Good friends just stop maintaining contact and drift apart. Loving family members are left behind as we grow into ourselves and yearn for independence. So many sweet things do become but bittersweet memories but an enemy?... Everybody seems to have problems letting go of those. All of the anger. All of the hate. All of the self-inflicted torment - these are things that people cling to. Once the fire is lit under some people, they’ll jab their fingers into the open wounds and a streak the blood through their tears as war paint. They’ll march on, blinding and screaming until there is no air left in their lungs, and why? Because… No reason. Honor is just that perverse and contemptible. It turns people into man-eating Asuras that call themselves Buddhas.

You would know all about that would you not, Steven Cassidy? After being put on the shelf at our hands there was a period of time during which you were completely consumed with vengeance. You seethed. You roared. A little part of you was almost disappointed or, dare I say it, angry when Masanori Kawada got to John Doe before you did. Nothing else at the time was important. You left Ronin and turned coats to join the Shoot Nation without there even being much tangible contempt between you and your former allies. But one thing that did keep you up at night was our very existence. You are wiser than most though, I will give you that. Something changed between then and now. Somehow you have managed to exorcise your daemons where others have not. Perhaps you just recognised the big difference between us and you back then. When you returned, honestly nobody fluttered an eyelid. I hardly noticed you were missing and that isn’t to belittle you. That is just the mindset of the Phantom Troupe. We don’t have feuds or rivals. We have aims. We are goal oriented. We’re wisened and pragmatic. We know that we have committed far too many sins to ever make amends for. So we simply don’t worry about it. We don’t worry about absolving ourselves of guilt through self sacrifice. And we never bleed nor kill ourselves for something as poisonous as honor. No… We live. We are too attached to this world to kill ourselves. We just put one foot in front of the other to achieve our utmost desires.And however violently we clash with our enemies along the way, we walk over them and leave them behind as soon as they have nothing left for us to take. That is what happened with you. And I guess that is how you have come to see us. This is not a grudge match as might have been billed just weeks ago. This isn’t about honor, or hate or any bad blood. This is about being The Best In The World and to do that one cannot allow themselves to become flustered by passionate emotions. Unfortunately, that is why you don’t stand a chance. Despite yourself you keep slipping into old patterns. You still feel the need to prove yourself. My being in the Phantom Troupe still gets your heart beating just a little more than your matches so far in this competition. In this war of attrition the winner is the man who keeps his cool and keeps his guard from slipping for the longest time. You are talking about how no victory comes without sacrifice but no true victory comes with sacrifice. I will not be bleeding my heart out over you. This is the difference, I will not sacrifice anything. I only want EVERYTHING!.
Aria Jaxon
September 15th 2018, 11:25 pmAria Jaxon
I.
Three for three.

Unvanquished, unwavering, undeterred, UNFUCKINGDEFEATED in the inaugural edition of The Best in the World Series.

I called this. From day one, I swore I’d cut down whoever I needed to in order to take this roundabout path back to MY championship, and I know it gets underneath the skin of some people to think that I might just keep my promise. Well, to those who doubted me and hoped I would fail, I feel I should hammer this point home -- there are no maybes or could bes. The fact that this tournament is taking place is nothing more than a formality. Yes, with each outing, with each week that passes before the inevitable comes to pass, I get a little more impatient, and I channel that impatience into whatever opponent has the misfortune of facing me any given week. And that foregone conclusion of a victory tides me over until the next win falls into my lap and I have my hand raised once again. It’s a sickening sight for some, isn’t it? But it’s live and in color, plain as day; Aria Jaxon has yet to fall and she’s sitting on top of her block. The underlings of this company woke up from a nightmare not too long ago. Hey, Pendragon might be the most spineless of that bland ass Boy Scout Troop he leads, but at least he’s got his hands on the Puroresu Heavyweight Championship and not me, right? I mean, how many times has he lost since winning that title? That proves his victory over me was nothing but a fluke, and there are far too many people running around in this locker room now with the mentality of, “Well, if he could pull it off, so can I!” The headlining match of Event Horizon is a joke. These are the kinds of title matches that we’re “treated” to since I unfortunately allowed this company’s richest prize -- the belt whose lineage I started off and effectively defined. Shit like that is even more of an incentive to keep this streak of mine going and not take my foot off the gas until I have the right to put “winner of The Best in the World Series” on my already-illustrious resume.

The random way that people separated into blocks and ultimately paired off into matches can be sorta cruel, if you think about it. Take my opponents thus far, for instance. I haven’t faced a single person that’s impressed me. Nobody’s had me sweating, and somehow, I’m the bad guy for waving them all off and calling them how I see them. Be mad at the powers that be, not me. They’re the ones who threw you into the deep end of the pool for someone who would hold your head under water to win, and then drown you for shits and giggles. When I made short work of Kikyo Himura a couple weeks ago, I told myself inwardly that I’d already scraped the bottom of the barrel and it couldn’t get any easier...but apparently, the universe took that as a challenge, because now I’m dealing with someone else who has no business breathing the same air as me. Another irrelevant placeholder on one of the bottom rungs of the ladder who’s on the wrong side of a terribly mismatched contest.

“But Aria! Shinati Mizarki is stepping into the ring in a couple weeks for the Freebird Tag Team Championships!”

I’m aware. I’m far from impressed, but I’m aware. A little spoiler alert on that match for the curious? Nas and Saul will still have the gold when the dust settles there. Correct me if I’m wrong, Shinati, but you haven’t exactly amounted to much of anything since you’ve been here in SSW, right? No marquee matches, no magical moments, nothing. Even now, you and Cassidy’s presence in the aforementioned title match really doesn’t amount to much more than a team of hangers-on in what’s otherwise just a rematch between the current and former champions. When you get that long-awaited chance at gold, you and your brother-in-arms will be afterthoughts. What’s pathetic is that fact hasn’t dawned on you yet.

For now, though, you got that glint in your eye and that hopefulness at the forefront of your mind as you look forward to that match and the admittedly unrealistic prospect of beating me. For both of us, this match is a puzzle piece. For me, like I said before, it’s just another win added to my record as I work to officially cement my place as Best in the World. It’s hardly a groundbreaking approach. You’re the one reaching for the stars and placing your faith in unrealistic shit. Beating me is enough of a longshot, but now, you’ve resolved to take me outta the equation altogether and leave The Phantom Troupe’s defeated leader as a sign of what you’re truly capable of. You wouldn’t be the first to pray on my downfall, and I know you won’t be the last. Since day one, it’s half amusing and half annoying how intertwined the fates of The Phantom Troupe and Shoot Nation have been. I guess it makes sense. Tres Comas Club is only here to cut their checks and Ronin is...around, so that leaves the rest of us. Those who want to rule -- either through force or some cringeworthy brand of honor and optimism. The moments where you and your comrades have shone have been fleeting. Like I said before, yeah, Pendragon got his hands on the belt, but he hasn’t been looking so hot since then, has he? Meanwhile, even in defeat, The Phantom Troupe doesn’t look like anything less than the killers and the conquerors that we are. And as the leader, I have to be on the cutting edge, never afraid to showcase how ruthless I’m willing to be to keep my manicured hand wrapped tightly around the metaphorical neck of this company. You’ve studied up on me, Shinati. That’s why you loathe me the way you do. It’s why you want me gone. So why, knowing what you know, are you convinced that you can put me away? How many times did I leave Pendragon dejected and broken before he caught a lucky break? How many more times will I have to put Kawada on his ass before he learns his lesson? And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Those are just the run-ins that your stablemates have had with me, never mind what I’ve done to others. People outside of The Phantom Troupe are non-issues to me. Strategically-placed pawns ready to be knocked over and cast aside when I say so, and I treat them all accordingly. I break people, Shinati. The depths that I stoop to in order to maintain my place and advance my agenda? The light of Shoot Nation can’t shine there. You’re not ready to get down into the trenches with me. But like a fool, you’ll double down -- only to be left with nothing to show for it when all is said and done. It’s time you learned your place. Not as someone who truly matters in this company, not as the unlikely victor over me, but where you TRULY belong -- broken and battered at the feet of The Phantom Queen.
Shinati Mizarki
September 15th 2018, 11:00 pmShinati Mizarki
"Aria Jaxon. Or, the 'Phantom Queen' as they wish to call her"

The moment those words left the lips of Hayura, I knew that she wanted me to conquer her. To break the aura that she carries herself with in the ring. After all, she is the leader of the Phantom Troupe - the faction who have been the root of wrestling's degradation. The root, of the poison filtering into the culture. 

The traditions that we cherish. The very fabric, that holds this industry together. No, that holds our very beings together. She wishes to strip that all away from us - she wishes to feed, on the supposed 'weakness' that I hold. The doubt, that has festered within my mind as the losses. The lack of confidence in myself continues to mount.

"You cannot allow yourself to slip further into the mire. You cannot afford to make a mistake,"

The words ringing inside my head, all I could do was nod and admit that she was right. That now, wasn't the time to make mistakes. Now *wasn't* the time to fall back into old habits. Habits, that have left me in this hole I find myself in right now. A hole, that has all but ruled me out of attaining the world title shot that I have craved. 

'But, there'll be other opportunities at the crown'. I know there will be, this is only the beginning moments of my career after all - yet that doesn't soothe this over. That doesn't make my failures here any less harmful. 

I also realise that I have the tag team title shot with Steven at Event Horizon to look forward to - and believe me, Steven knows that just like him. When the time comes for that to arise, I *shall* be giving everything I have. The honour that flows inside of me, to extract those belts from the grasp of the Troupe. 

But that is not now. 

That is not the task that has been put before me at this very moment. 

No, my eyes are firmly set on bringing about the end of Aria Jaxon. That isn't one of those idle threats either - I truly intend on fulfilling it. On making sure that the head of the snake is cut off; left to wallow within the pool of what it created. The shadows, of what it allowed the industry we cherish to become. For that is the *only* way we can begin making things right. The only way, we can bring back the customs. The morals that Shoot Nation and this industry have held at their very core. 

I'm just sorry that it had to be this way, for there was a time I respected what you had done. Watching you on Television, seeing you become a trailblazer. Transcend the supposed role of a woman in the wrestling world and showing that you were just as fierce as the rest of us. 

Yet it is your own decisions. You own designs that have led to this outcome occurring. That have led to me being the one to leave you to die for what you claimed to stand for. For Kawanda, to feed upon the scraps that shall be left. 

"You shouldn't be sorry for what is right,"

I know I shouldn't, but it is that respect I do have for Aria that causes me to not wish for this to occur. Even though it is as I have said. As Hayura said, the right thing. The cause of action, that must follow. You made this bed for yourself Aria, and now - it is time for you to sleep in it. Just like it shall be time for Saul Omen and CM Nas to sleep alongside you at Event Horizon. Just as Shoot Nation, will finally lay the Phantom Troupe to rest and begin to make it all right.

Even if that means going down into the flames alongside you. I shall do that, if it means being the one to take the first step. 

Beginning with you.
Kai Stevens
September 15th 2018, 10:46 pmKai Stevens
SSW Promos - Page 2 0RD4o5V_zps8btbmyfr
SSW Promos - Page 2 DWHmLjz
CHAPTER SEVEN*:
when the seasons change

BITW Series Ranking: #3 (A Block)
BITW Series Record: 2-1

----It, perhaps, is a bad omen for Masanori Kawada of Shoot Nation that we are here. The night before the show, Kai Stevens performs dips using the edge of the pool in his hotel for his base, his mentor and advocate Brian Church standing poolside in his usual suit, a stern and unamused expression on his face. He has just shown Kai the recording of Kawada’s words against him and it merely boils their blood.
----Stevens pauses in his dips to flick his eyes ominously to the camera that trains in on his cold and calculating demeanor. He shakes his head contemptuously and speaks with lethal intent.
----I gotta’ say, Kawada, he begins humorlessly. I expected better from you. I expected… Expected you to at least try to make people believe you believe a GOD DAMN WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! Instead? Instead I have to sit here and listen to you talk about having your eyes opened... About the withering of your strong arm of justice? Just because you’re publicly incompetent in the ring, buddy, does not mean you have to be publicly impotent, too.
----First and foremost, Kawada, I gotta’... Gotta’ nip something in the bud before someone hears you and actually believes that Sângkât offers the toughest challenge in the Block? Let alone a challenge at all? Not only am I the toughest challenge in this Block, I’m the toughest challenge in this WHOLE FUCKIN’ INDUSTRY! And you’ve got the audacity... The self-flattery to think that I give a flying fuck about whether or not you’re compelled by my body of work?
----It’s absolutely fuckin’ clear, he continues with emphasis. That you don’t know me at all. Y’see, Kawada, I don’t do this for you. I don’t do this for them. But what it is that I do, guy? Is tear sanctimonious bottom bitches like you limb from FUCKING LIMB. That? That you’ll find pretty GOD DAMNED compelling.
----Stevens shakes his head with frustration and returns to doing his dips. Church, who has paced back and forth in suppressed rage for the entirety of the segment thus far, halts his movements and scratches at his stubble. Lifting his head, he addresses the camera with malice in his tone.
----I’ve found myself growing more and more concerned, he utters slowly and forebodingly. With these slanderous claims you’ve brought against Kai Stevens. As if you haven’t found yourself looking up at the lights the majority of the times you’ve competed in this Best in the World Series, Kawada, you have the nerve to laud Tarah Nova, the FAILED Leader of Ronin in the same breath as you have the balls to criticize the Prodigy of Ronin? To be honest with you, Kawada? I’m embarrassed for you.
----You say that Tarah Nova was respected. That she was decorated. Esteemed by her peers and a proponent of cohesion. You lie outright and claim that Kai Stevens hasn’t earned and DEMANDED respect here in Strong Style Wrestling. He has. And if there were EVER a reason that he couldn’t lead, Kawada? It’s not because he’s unfit to... It’s because he’s the single toughest act to follow in the entire FUCKING industry.
----You wanna’ talk about hubris and injustice, he continues with a twitching upper lip. I hope you’ve got a real good insurance plan, Kawada… Because the only injustice? Is that Kai won’t legally be allowed to MURDER YOU ON TELEVISION!
----Stevens stops dead in his tracks and snaps his shoulders to square them with the camera. A vein bulges from his temple and his neck as wrath courses through his veins and radiates from his pores like subtext, and his words reflect this ominous atmosphere.
----And murder you I should, motherfucker, he stabs. You try dropping Finnegan Wakefield’s bitch-ass name to my face in the ring tomorrow night, buddy? Bodybag. You continue trying to be some wise-ass? Bodybag. And God damn, y’know what, Kawada? If you FUCKIN’ SHOW YOUR STUPID FUCKIN’ FACE IN MY GOD DAMNED RING?! Bodybag.
----You wanna’ talk about OWA so damn bad, why don’t you ask their last two Spartan Champions? Why don’t you ask the Heritage Champion here? They’ll all give you the same testimony that Finnegan Wakefield’s gonna’ be FORCED to give the next time he and I square up… That I beat their God damned brains in... And humiliated them for the world to see because I am BETTER than they are… Better than YOU are.
----Tomorrow night will speak for itself, furthers Kai. My fists? They’ll speak for themselves. And as far as I’m concerned? The only one of us who’s gonna’ be bracing themselves? Is you... When you’re being fitted for braces for every damn part of your body... Because for your time being able to WALK... Being able to breathe on your own... Being able to feed and bathe yourself… For being able to run your mouth? Like it is for your career? The end is nigh.
----With this, Stevens hoists himself out of the water and stomps towards the camera, dripping with chlorine-treated pool water. He then shoves the camera over and our segment fades to black with an obvious bit of rage directed at Kawada by his opponent in the Best in the World Series.

fin.

Masanori Kawada
September 15th 2018, 9:47 pmMasanori Kawada
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Strong Style Wrestling Dojo. The low-setting sun peaking through the window, painting the inside of the building with a golden glow. The ring inside is in a state of disrepair, or at least a state of unfinish. The young lions that are trained to put the rings together and run the ropes to test their sturdiness to the risk of their own bodies have left the scene with the ring with somewhat missing elements under the watchful eye of their veterans. One of which is sitting on the apron side, dawning his training gear as sweat drips from his pours after a rigorous training regimen that keeps him in the shape necessary to still compete against the youthful competitors of SSW. Masanori Kawada, seemingly pushing himself more than he ever had before, he is almost breathless before chugging a large amount of water down from a bottle, speaking up as the camera approaches.

"Last week was an eye-opener. I always knew that Steven Cassidy had the potential to make his name against even the toughest opponents, that he would one day, someday be a man who can stand across the ring from me and push me to my limits. I was not expecting that day to come so soon. I was not expecting to be the one who didn't find victory in that encounter so soon. Once again I find myself as the old dog that is only nipping at the heels of the best but not the best himself. It's demeaning. No, it's pathetic. I find my strong arm of justice withering, slowly loosening it's iron grip around the throats of injustice. But now I am starting to truly feel my age. I am starting to feel my own mortality. I am starting to see my embers are burning dimly. It may almost be time to hang these boots up. My promise to prove myself as the best in the world, it seems to become more of a pipedream every encounter. This series is failing to find itself in my favor. That is a bitter pill to swallow. But I don't have the luxury of having the time to wallow in my self-pity. I still have a small window of opportunity left open and I don't intend to let it slam shut just fingertips from my reach. If there is a fraction of my career worth salvaging, I have very little left to do so. The remaining trials of this series have to all culminate in victory for the Everlasting Hero if he is to live up to the namesake and to remain the absolute justice of SSW. So, with every ounce of the might that dwells inside this ageing body, I will defeat the remaining opponents of this block without distinction and state my claim to a top spot in the company hierarchy. The remaining encounters do not waver me, they do not tire me. Shinti is a talented individual, but he has been less battle-tested than Cassidy, so the same result will not occur to him. Kyoko Himura has proven to be too fragile to prevail through a motivated war. Khmaoch Sangkat may be the toughest opponent that remains in the block, we were evenly matched in the past with indecisive victories over one another. But then there is that one. That one remaining opponent that is his own greatest weakness, A weakness that throughout my career has tested my patience. And my patience with mindless arrogance has been thinly spread. thinly spread to the point where it is near to non-existent. For every opponent that throws nothing my way except for obscenities and false promises founded on nothing but ego, I find myself unscathed and unamused. I believe a good example of what it feels like to someone from an American culture such as my opposition is that of Bullets that make contact with Supermans' chest, only to fall to his feet, unable to pierce his skin. In that same vein do I find myself with the ammunition that is being fired at me from a man, well, two men who infamously fire off cliches more than anyone else in this company. It is why no one takes this duo seriously; they're getting by on saying a lot of very little. That is not to say that is not impressive, clearly, they have some redeeming qualities that have found them victory of the past few months, but it is far out-shined by how insufferably conceited and self-important they are presented.

Kai Stevens, you seem impressed with what you've shown but I don't find it that compelling.

Ronin has always been put under the looking glass, always seen as a ragtag faction that had been given no real hopes to making it out of this faction war on top. But they were the underdog alliance, and everyone loves the underdogs. It is why you see it in so many movies. There were the quirky, the ambitious, even the ones with cold-beating hearts, but you want them to succeed because of that. You want them to win because they have such a tall mountain to climb, far taller than the rest. And under the leadership of Tarah Nova? They had a chance. They had a chance at climbing that mountain and, one day, standing at the top with their heads and hands held high. But with such a self-entitlement at the helm? They are lucky to still be an existing force in this company, much less still actively under the SSW employ. That is why Tarah Nova is no longer here; she was the final strand of rope that held the bonds of the faction together, and Kai Stevens is the anchor that made it finally snap and send them sinking. And with it, Ronin found themselves at the bottom of these vast waters, as good as dead. Look at how far they are coming in this series, that should speak volumes to the hindrance that is the self-proclaimed World’s Final Prophet. All of them are the bottom lining of their blocks. Why? Because they have been dealt a terrible hand as a leader since Ms Nova's departure. Tarah was respected. Tarah was decorated and esteemed. Tarah promoted cohesiveness, that victory for one was a victory for all. But you? Disrespected. Unfit to lead. Promotes nothing but himself, selfish and arrogant to the very core. Ronin are burdened with your hubris, a cocktail of Ronins imminent demise and disbandsion, and that is a great injustice that even I doubt I can even prosecute. But I can relieve them of some of your arrogance. I can show them what they should already know, what you already put on full display. You talk before you think. It's why I read your words as nothing more than obscenities and false promises, unfound bravado and self-glorifying nonsense. Threatening? Not even remotely. In fact, if you weren't testing my patience to the boiling point I would be laughing. Your head cannon is a joke. Asking me to contact others to be the reference to your commitment. Places where you've made no impact, your name can not be found in any library. Connecticut, New Japan, nothing. It's as if Kai Stevens never stepped a foot inside those territories to begin with. Cleaners, Monsters Among Men, Lunatic Fringes. Not a peep. Not like they would have held weight anyway; what you have done here so far has had some merit but not enough for you to get such a swollen head over. The fact you told me to search elsewhere for your levels of commitment is telling, that you haven't done enough here to be your testament. But, I was able to find a kind enough individual that was more than willing to give me a reference for your abilities. Finnegan Wakefield. You two worked together over in the west, for the OWA, and as an honorary Shoot Nation member, he was happy to give me his testament. Even went so far as to provide me with the video documentation. He provided me with footage of your "commitment" surrendering when under pressure. Tapping out. Try as you might in your autobiography to sweep it under the rug, it happened. Try as you might to pad out your resume with self-glorifying events, it doesn't strike panic into my heart. If nothing else, it makes my vision turn to red. So, for your sake, save your breath. Do not speak of bloodlust when you are unable to draw blood. Do not speak of wrath when you have none to fear. Do not speak of Bushido, the way of the warrior, if you do not possess such a trait. The end of my career? Perhaps, as you have put it, the time is nigh. But at your hands, it will not end. At your hands, it may find it's second win. And at my hands, the facade you live your life behind will be ripped away until you face the justice, the prosecution you are long overdue."

BRACE YOURSELF!
Steven Cassidy
September 15th 2018, 8:03 pmSteven Cassidy
((Steven is leaning up against the wall right outside of his hotel room. He is seconds away from recording his message for his next match in the BITW Series. But before he does, he's caught in the middle of a deep thought. Thinking all about how he is somehow 3-0 in this tournament. And by being undefeated, the target on his head only continues to grow. Not only that, but he is starting to feel the pressure that comes with it. Steven doesn't want to admit or bring any kind of awareness to this so-called pressure so he can remain calm and collected. He takes a deep breath as he switches his focus to the camera.))

"Three matches, three victories. You take a quick glance at the A Block standings and at the very top, you will see The Phantom Troupe's leader Aria Jaxon is tied with...Steven Cassidy? Just like everyone predicted! The two odds-on favorites are right where they should be! Of course, I am kidding. I think it's fair to say that when the two blocks were announced, along with the unveiling of the participants in said blocks, most people probably predicted that I would start and finish towards the bottom. And hey, by no means does that hurt my feelings. Before this tournament, I wasn't exactly killing it. I wasn't main eventing shows. I wasn't securing key victories...I wasn't really getting any victories, period. I was always viewed as the lovable loser or the underdog, whichever term you prefer. I like the underdog better, personally. Not quite as insulting. But...yeah, I wasn't exactly polished. Still wet behind the ears. Still had a long ways to go before I could accomplish something noteworthy or achieve something that would cause eyebrows to raise and people to take second looks to make sure they saw what they thought they saw. But this BITW Series, man, it's been my coming out party. My performances thus far have proven that I am no longer the timid Steven Cassidy who couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. I have changed. But what does that mean? Changed? In what way? You see, people keep asking me what's changed since coming back from injury? And I tell them nothing special, that I am just improving with each match I get under my belt. It is all about experience and getting more of it so I can become more seasoned and make better decisions moving forward. But some people don't want to buy into that. They think I made some kind of deal with the devil. Or that I drank some kind of magic potion. Or better yet, that I owe my hot start to Lady Luck! As if I just close my eyes during my matches and hope for the best. I work hard for this. And when people undermine my hard work, I do take it personally. Because I give this company, Shoot Nation, and the fans my everything. I am training my butt off behind closed doors. And I mean closed doors. Because I am not one of those wrestlers that feels the need to post their private workouts on their Instagram or Twitter pages to show off and to garner even more attention. I don’t crave the attention or the spotlight. All I want is gold around my waist.” 

((Steven stops for a moment, taking a few seconds to think about his upcoming match this week and begins to organize all of his thoughts.))

“My opponent for this week, knows all about championship gold, however. After all, he’s undoubtedly the greatest champion this company has seen thus far in its newish history. You see Khmaoch has held that SSW Heritage Championship since the beginning. He’s taken on all comers and one by one, they have fallen like dominos. In most cases, he makes it look that easy, really. Just extend a finger out and bam, the man or woman he is facing falls to the mat for a second or thirty. And it should come to no surprise when we witness him dominate his opponents in convincing fashion. He’s like nothing we’ve ever seen before. And he’s nothing we’ll ever see again. A once in a lifetime talent is Khmaoch Sangkat. And that’s why, for whatever sick and twisted reason, I am looking forward to sharing the ring with him. This is The Best In The World Series, after all, which should entail that you are only going up against the best of the best each and every week. And I for one wouldn’t have it any other way. Because I like proving myself. And in order to prove myself, I’m not afraid to roll up my sleeves and take the bull by the horns. I’m not afraid to stare in the eyes of the likes of you, Khmaoch. Almost telling you that forget what you thought you knew about Steven Cassidy, because you are facing an opponent that will keep coming back just when you think you’re in the driver’s seat. Just when you think I’m dead in the water, that you have me right where you want me. Never count me out. Never think you can take a breather even for a split second in my vicinity because I’ll make you regret it. I’ll capitalize even in the smallest of windows. Give me an inch and I’ll take a yard. Give me a victory and I may just take your title later down the line.” 

“But for the time being, the Heritage Championship is the least of my worries. My focus remains on other prizes. And I mean no disrespect to the title you place oh so proudly on your shoulder. It might very well be the most prestigious of all the titles. Obviously most people think of the SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Championship first, but I feel like Aria did more harm than good when it came to her reign. A reign born and raised in controversy. A mess she created...a mess you helped smear all over the floor, walls, and ceiling... and now Jaydayne faces the tough task of cleaning it all up. Something he will succeed at, no doubt about it. Obviously if I end up winning this tournament, I will get to challenge for the SSW Puroresu Heavyweight Championship in the not so distant future. But I still have plenty of work ahead of me before I even sniff the finals. And one of those pit stops will be at Event Horizon when Shinati and I attempt to win some tag team gold. Something I will get more into in a few weeks. So for the time being, Khmaoch, you have my full and undivided attention. And I hope I have yours, as well. This match, even though I know it’s going to be tough and there’s a high chance I’ll leave this match under excruciating pain ... it’s a nice change of pace. Because the last two matches I’ve been in, they were a little awkward, given the fact they were against my two good friends in Shinati and Masanori. Where with each punch I landed, I felt guilty. Which each kick I drilled them with, I hesitated to go for the cover. But with you? There will be no hesitation. Just knowing the fact that you not only support the purple and black color scheme, but wear it, it will make this much easier. Much, much easier. But at the same time, I know I will have to be careful. That I can’t let my emotions get the best of me, because I do tend to agree that I’m a bit of an emotional fighter and that is a double edged sword, most definitely. I have to be careful. I have to come in with a game plan that I think will give me the best chance of winning, instead of just foolishly winging it..but if you are able to read it from a mile away and are able to counter my tactics, I must be able to improvise and adapt. That’s what makes competitors great...and boy do I want to be great. And if I keep chipping away, if I keep digging my heels in the mud and push forward, instead of dragging backwards, I wholeheartedly believe that I will end up being great.” 

“And beating you Khmaoch, will be a step in the right direction. Because after all, this week marks the gauntlet for yours truly. At least, that’s what one of the commentators said last week. Reminding the world that I still have to go through the likes of you, Aria, and the man you lost to, Kai. Sure, that’s a tough lineup. Sure, I have my work cut out for me. But at the same time, why is that same commentator acting as if Masanori, Shinati, and Sakura are pushovers or scrubs? None of my matches have been easy. This entire time hasn’t been some walk in the park and this week, as well as the following weeks won’t be lazy strolls either. I want it to be challenging. I want it to be difficult. I want the bumps and bruises the next day. Serving as a reminder that no victory comes without sacrifice. And in this match, I’m willing to sacrifice everything if it means I come out victorious. Because I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: this tournament is my everything. This is my opportunity to ascend to new heights. To reach a platform that nobody thought I could climb to. If I fail to make it to the finals, who knows when my next opportunity will come? I’m not guaranteed anything. Just like I’m not entitled to anything. Same goes when it comes to deserving anything. As of right now I can’t say that I deserve a world title shot. I mean I could say it out loud for the sake of it, but I don’t have the resume to support my claims...yet. Not yet. But if I continue to extend this hot streak, if I continue to say no in the face of defeat, there is no more denying Steven Cassidy’s sudden rise. Just like you are not going to deny me from this victory! Because the way I see it Khmaoch, this match is mine for the taking. While you? You can take the big fat L. 

((Steven hasn’t looked more determined as the scene fades to black.))
Matthew.
September 15th 2018, 8:58 amMatthew.
System starting…

LOADING 100%
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Once upon a time I stepped into the ring with the confidence and swagger of a young man who thought he had everything going for him. Over the course of time things began to change. Injuries and setbacks pushed me to my limit until eventually I was broken down, such a shell of my former self that I didn’t even recognise the man I saw in the mirror.

That all changed when I realised what my mission was. Christopher Sabretooth is almost an exact replica of what I thought I was and it reminds me that I was not the only one to come into this industry misguided by delusions of grandeur.

His attitude: Generic.

His insults: Generic.

His defeat: Inevitable.

Reality is going to hit you hard like a bus and when it does you’re going to see just what you’ve wasted. I’m going to defeat Rei Kagura and I want you to watch carefully, not because I think I can do it with ease or because I have a message for you but because maybe you’ll see what sets you apart from myself and anyone else who’s reached success.

You don’t even know who you really are, Sabretooth. Allow me to shed some light for you tomorrow night.
Kai Stevens
September 14th 2018, 1:00 pmKai Stevens
SSW Promos - Page 2 0RD4o5V_zps8btbmyfr
SSW Promos - Page 2 DWHmLjz
CHAPTER SEVEN:
find a way

BITW Series Ranking: #3 (A Block)
BITW Series Record: 2-1

----In previous eras in Japan, a voice offers ominously as our scene opens.  Warriors fought with the code of the Bushidō.
----We now peer in upon the speaker himself, Brian Church and his protégé, Kai Stevens.  The former dons his typical attire of a black suit with a red shirt and black tie, his tie clip a gunmetal gray.  His beard seems a bit more unkempt than usual, but the combination of ire and meticulous planning in his eye speaks to a different vibe that dominates his demeanor.  The Envoy of the End sports a pair of black Nike mid-top sneakers, black and white Nike Elite calf socks, black Nike shorts with a white swoosh, and his newest official merchandise: a black t-shirt with ‘THE END IS NIGH’ in foreboding font face, with blood dripping from the base of each letter.  Atop his head he sports a black headband and black aviators to go with his sleeveless black hoodie from his entrances to the ring, one which has its hood drawn over his head.
----Church glares hatefully into the camera and steps forward, illustrating the locale more saliently.  The Leader of Ronin and his mentor stand confidently on the balcony of a hotel room Osaka, Japan, overlooking the city with disdain.
----A mere day or so before my protégé competes in his fourth combat in the Best in the World Series, continues Church imperiously.  I find myself…  Find myself thinking about the Bushidō more and more.  Find myself…  Pondering its applications to the Leader of Ronin and the Inevitable winner of not only this tournament, but the Heritage Championship match at Event Horizon.  Do you want to know what I’ve divined?  What I’ve determined beyond a shadow of a doubt?
----If we’re going to lead the Ronin, we’re going to do it our way.  In those aforementioned times, the Bushidō, it…  It demanded the tenets of gi, rei, , meiyo, jin, makoto, and chūgi, which translate, respectively, to the traits of integrity…  Respect...  Courage.  Honor.  Compassion...  Honesty...  And loyalty.  But to me?  To a man who led the single most lethal faction this industry has ever been forced to endure in the New Age Plague...  These tenets they’re…  They’re skewed.  And if these tents are skewed, then the Bushidō itself, what governed and served as the guiding light for warriors so many years ago…  It must be, too.
----In essence, what we effort to explain to you today is that…  Our Way of the Warrior...  It dictates a different code.  A different set of characteristics.  And since the New Age Plague lived by it…  Died by it…  Dominated by it?  The Ronin of today?  THEY WILL TOO!
----They wanted us to abide by their way, he continues contemptuously.  Wanted us to…  To lead the Ronin the way Tarah Nova did.  But she ran Ronin into the ground.  She DISGRACED this faction to the point that we’re underdogs in this tournament when my protégé already is the Best in the World and needs no tournament to tell him so.  If we ran things like she did?  This would be the least respected faction in this company.  Instead?  Instead we’re going to flip the script and change the narrative.  It starts with the Prodigy of Ronin and it will, sooner than later, feed into those who choose to follow us.
----Church snickers arrogantly as Kai steps forward slightly.  The Dismembered Soul adjusts his tie briefly before wetting his lips, snickering cockily, and continuing.
----Here in the Best in the World Series, he says matter-of-factly.  Kai Stevens has proven that when there wasn’t already a way to brutalize his opponent and win readily available, he makes one.  In doing so, he’s personified the New Age Way of the Warrior...  First?  He is violent.
----Stevens steps forward and removes his Aviators with lethal intent, his lip twitching in abhorrent resent.  He swallows, inhales sharply, wets his lips, and speaks for the first time tonight.
----Two weeks ago, he starts.  Two weeks ago I crucified Shinati Mizarki and then I leapt from that top rope, bringing death from above as I descended through his lifeless body and into Hell, dragging whatever desperate hopes he had, whatever aspirations in this tournament he had, with me.  Before him?  Before him it was Khmaoch Sângkât, the very man I’m going to break in fucking half at Event Horizon…  And before him it was EVERY SINGLE PERSON I FACED ON THE STRONG SURVIVE TOUR!  I have done what it took each and every time in the name of pure...  Unadulterated violence.
----For you, Masanori Kawada?  I will bring you the violence I brought to your other pathetic Shoot Nation bottom bitches, Shinati Mizarki, Belle Kingsley, and the Apparition.  Combined.  And don’t think that I haven’t forgotten about you sticking your nose where it DOESN’T FUCKING BELONG at Domination, guy.  Don’t think that the violence I have planned for you doesn’t include your fucking comeuppance, too.
----Y’see, Kawada, he continues.  I like taking my opponents’ skulls and either hittin’ ‘em with something hard, like my fists, my knees, my kicks, a chair...  Or taking them and driving them into or through something hard...  Like the apron, the stairs, the barricade, the floor, an announce table, a chair, the ramp, the POSSIBILITIES ARE FUCKING ENDLESS, Kawada.  And I promise you right now with everything I’ve got...  That violence?  It’s ALL YOURS and it’s gonna’ be Biblical.
----The Cowboy Killer steps back and cocks his head to either side, cracking his neck both ways.  Church takes this opportunity to grin confidently and step into the foreground again, wagging an index finger extended from a clenched right fist in the air as he gives utterance to his resentful rhetoric.
----In this New Age, he says smugly.  With violence, you need commitment...  Commitment to a Greater Good, to the cause.  You need to be willing to DIE for the Greater Good in our Ronin.  And my protégé?  He is going to drive his commitment through your ugly mug over and over and over and over and over again, Kawada.  Because he is committed to beating you...  He is committed to running the table and not only taking the SSW Heritage Championship from Sângkât at Event Horizon, but going on to winning the entire tournament and TAKING THAT PURORESU HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, TOO!  And it starts with his commitment to kicking your teeth down your throat and making you wish you’d never been born.
----You want testimony of my commitment, Kawada, offers Kai as he steps forward again.  You can ask any number of my victims.  Head on over to Connecticut and ask their Lunatic Fringes and their Monsters Among Men.  Go ask New Japan about what I did to their Cleaners.  
----Ask SupremePRO Wrestling about my commitment, about how I spent every moment in that company fighting for the Universal Championship and then defending it without failure.  Ask the Premier Wrestling Federation about my commitment, about how I NEVER lost a match there, winning the Premier Pursuit Tournament and the PWF World Heavyweight Championship, defending that without failure.  Ask ALPHA Wrestling, where I’m about to take their world title by force...  ASK ANYONE.  My commitment, Kawada?  My commitment is unquestionable and at the end of the day it will outlast, outbash, outsmart, and outdo your each and every effort.
----You wanna’ call yourself the Everlasting Hero, Kawada, he chuckles humorlessly.  You won’t be able to even delude yourself into believing that anymore once I’m through with you…  Because I’m committed to ending you.  To ending your misery...  Ending your trials, your tribulations…  Put an end to the suffering you’ve endured your entire career here in Strong Style Wrestling and, more importantly?  The entire tournament.
----Church steps forward with malice aforethought and wrath bubbling in his veins.  Smirking arrogantly, the World’s Final Prophet glares into the camera and scratches at his beard while speaking.
----For right now, Kawada, he starts ominously.  For right now the only other characteristic of the New Age Way of the Warrior that you really should concern yourself with is that bloodlust.  The bloodlust that makes my protégé crave to rip open your ugly mug until blood cascades down on that canvas and he can paint the world a vivid and morbid picture of what it means to be Ronin.
----Y’see, Kawada, supplies Stevens.  My bloodlust, it…  It’s the Void within me.  The one that SCREAMS relentlessly in the back of my mind every second, every minute, every hour, every day, demanding that I satiate its thirst for blood…  Its longing to bathe in your blood and taste in your torment.  And you, buddy?  You’re just an appetizer.
----You’re no real threat, Kawada.  You’re nothing more to me than a FUCKING SPEED BUMP...  This tournament is supposed to determine who the Best in the World is, and you?  You do NOT fit the fucking bill.  And I will satiate my bloodlust by doing what I commit to right now in breaking you in half and driving my fist into your ugly mug AGAIN and AGAIN until I feel like you’ve answered for the BULLSHIT bottom bitch move you pulled at Domination…  And then kicking your head off your fucking shoulders...  Or stabbing your thick skull into the hardest surface I can find From Hell’s Heart.  Because I truly am the Best in the World, and you?
----You’re means to an end, he continues evilly.  Which means that for the Ronin’s time as a joke of your caliber...  For your time with any delusion of grandeur that has forsaken you to suffer my wrath because you thought you had a shot of even coming remotely close to winning this tournament…  And for your career, as far as I’m concerned?  The end is nigh.
----With this, Stevens and Church snicker ominously and saunter off back into the hotel room to go off with their individual evenings.  The scene fades to black with one question looming forebodingly over the heads of the Ronin and the Shoot Nation alike:
----Will Kai Stevens find a way?

fin.
The One True Pairing
September 13th 2018, 5:55 pmThe One True Pairing
SSW Promos - Page 2 Sakura_CorleoneBest_In_the_World_Series_Tour_298571932097003

Vermin! All of you are a cluster if insects drowned in toxic waste and you deserve nothing but a rusting participation trophy in this rip-off of a tournament! First, you snatch me away from my Cassius when you know goddamn well how lost I am without him, and then you forced me to face one parasite after another without him by my side! And to top it all off, you now rotate the gears and have me face Strong Style Wrestling’s resident whore Kikyo Himura! No. No. No. This is enough humiliation that I have to go through in this tasteless godforsaken tournament, you have made a fool out of me for too long! Once upon a time, I stood at the top of the mountain reigning as Queen beside my King, together forever, and two undeserving luck-driven win from those pricks from the other side of the competition and you decide to punish me! For what? For being the best SSW has to offer? Your incompetent try-hards who spend night in and night out in an SSW ring doing pathetic body thrusts that they dare to call “Wrestling” aren’t too happy that the One True Pairing are winning too much? Not only did you refuse to give us our well-deserve rematch and send those Phantom Troupe morons to their deathbeds, but you also ensured to hold it off to the end of the tournament when Cassius won us our right to face the other team! Need I remind you that Cassius and I can buy off this company and burn it to the ground if we really wanted to? I tried working with you. I tried to keep it calm knowing that this would soon be over, but who on earth gets motivated and excited when she has to face uninteresting no-names like Khmaoch Sangkat and Masanori Kawada? I am Sakura Corleone, you all should be rewarding me and giving me gold after gold merely for existing!

I know, you can’t possibly empathize with me about how I feel right now, Kikyo, you have been a loser your entire life! You don’t know what it’s like to hold your title close to your heart for a long time only for it to be ripped away, because you were never Champion and no one has ever heard of you! You signed a contract with SSW hoping to be a big name in Japan and a wrestler to be taken with the most absolute respect, but I guess you have settled on becoming an afterthought… nothing but a shadow that constantly gets overlooked because she realizes that nothing separates her second-rate talent from the rest of these second-rate wrestlers. But I am different than you, Kikyo, I live a life of a celebrity whether it’s here on back in the US, people always wonder what I’m up to and they love hearing about the story of Sakura Corleone and how she became a bigger success than before, and when they hear about how I’m not with my darling Cassius and I’m being treated like an ordinary wrestler who amounts to dogshit like you, it upsets them because they know that I am better than this. I’m not a person who interacts much with her fans, I just can’t help that people love me no matter what I do, because the One True Pairing is the reason they believe in love to begin with! They live pathetic lives. They go to work and come home to their significant others hoping that they share the same kind of love that Cassius and I do, but it is always incomparable because the affections and the passion that we feel for each other cannot be topped or destroyed by anyone or anything! I have to make them believe in love again, Kikyo! I have to ensure that they know that Cassius is always in my thoughts by wrapping my arm around your neck until you pass out in the middle of the ring and I’m declared the winner. I have to remind them that the love remains alive by feeding your mouth with the heel of my boot! Do this world a favor and let them believe in love, Kikyo! All you have to do is face me in that ring, and I’ll take it from there. And I assure you that after I’ve planted you to the ground and you lay there motionless, they will #BelieveAgain.

Sakura laughs as she mocks the world. She is full of rage, but still full of life and she is using that rage to keep marching forth. Just when you think all hope is lost for the girl, she fights harder just to spite you.
April Song
September 7th 2018, 11:55 pmApril Song
The slump continues.

I fought like hell against Scott Oasis, and even though he won the match and dropped me on my head, I'm pretty sure he understands now that going against the Killer Bee is not something to take lightly. He was taking me for granted and got very, very close to get embarassed. Outweighed, overpowered and just not good enough.

So where do we sit now? 

0-2. Bottom of the block.

To compound things, Aria Jaxon is somewhere in my future. We've been bumping into each other all over the world and sadly it doesn't seem like she's in a mood to just let things slide. And, on her end, she's made it pretty clear that she has absolutely zero respect for me. Where does that leave me? Well it means that I have to prepare for war with the leader of the Phantom Troupe and someone who I think is easily the best female wrestler on the planet even though she's not lugging around any hardware at the moment. 

First things first though. I've got another Block B match this week, another change to grind my way out of the cellar and get some points on the board. The part that really, REALLY sucks to me about this though is that my opponent is not some evil member of a rival faction or someone I don't know and have no opinion of one way or another. 

My opponent this week is Damien Walker. A fellow member of Ronin. Another solider in our little army. Someone who welcomed me with open arms when I lent myself to the Ronin cause.It bothers me to have to fight someone who I'm friendly with, but I have a lot of respect for as a competitor.

Damien, I don't expect any sympathy because I'm a woman or a teammate. In fact, if you do anything to even give me the impression that you're taking it easy, I'm going to fucking break your arm. I came here because I have been trying to find my way again. I was being given things left and right. Sure, I rolled in pretty spectacular circles when I was fighting in a certain place back in the USA. But it always felt like I was being given things because of who I was friendly with or who believed in me "upstairs". 

Its a whole new world when you earn things. 

Tomorrow, I plan on earning some points and getting off this losing run here in Strong Style Wrestling. The reality of the situation is that I will need a LOT of things to go my way in my block to to try to even dream of making the finals. Even so, all the help from things I can't control won't mean diddly poo if I don't take care of my own business starting with Damien.

I'll worry about Aria and the Phantom Troupe and all the other bullshit later.
The Apparition
September 7th 2018, 9:45 pmThe Apparition
The wonders of modern sports science lies in its embrace in both Eastern and Western methods. While most of the hard sciences are steadfast in their denial of traditional remedies from the subcontinent and beyond, the holistic principles of healing blunt-force physical injuries is unlike many things in the world.

Indeed, only the arts are widely embracing of this East-West connection, which makes it all the more fitting that in the office of the specialist physiotherapist is a performer in his own right. A man whose ancestors came from the east, while having spent most of his adult life in the Western hemisphere. A man who is so clearly influenced by the unique styles of the land that he currently resides, while still holding the fundamentals of his home half the world away.

‘Puroresu’ was always a word that he hated. It doesn’t matter if it was from England, the United States or Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Japan or Finland. Wrestling was wrestling. Each country may have its own culture and variation on convention wisdom. Lucha libre. Strong Styles. Catch-Can-Clutch-As-Clutch-Catch-Can. Sports entertainment. But it was all the same thing. Professional wrestling.

Although on this table, he wasn’t particularly loving the idea of wrestling right now. As the site of the Apparition’s engorged, muscular thigh wasn’t enough, the large hidden bruise, courtesy of Falke Halstenberg, which his therapist was gently applying a lotion to made it a rather grotesque sight. This wasn’t a new thing for the self-proclaimed Forgotten One, however. Every match he had, he came away with some scratch or bruise. Back in his younger days, the wrestler who would become The Apparition used to keep his nails long, so he could dig them into his opponents during holds. They may not have hurt that much, but they certainly got under people’s skin, as they had to tend to light cuts after every match. He wasn’t the only one who tried that, of course. A surprising amount of the heroes of the people used to do that when facing their contemptable antagonists. It always got them riled up, and ready to continue on their wicked ways.

Annoying heroes was something the Apparition was reflecting on recently, because while he had a large amount of respect for his Shoot Nation leader, there were several points he felt the need to address. For over a month, he remained composed and silent as the ghosts he attempted to mimic. But actions aren’t always as powerful as words, so once he was done with his treatment, he finally spoke.

Jaydayne, you are the leader of Shoot Nation, and rightfully so. You are our ace, you are a better motivator and mentor than I could ever hope to be. You are the SSW Puroresu Champion, and you deserve to be so. Also, I will be really frank in this assessment. Since we have walked into Strong Style Wrestling, you have been the better wrestler. It pains me to say so, but coming into our match the only things I have over you are my place on the Best in the World leader board, and experience. The former is fleeting, and means nothing if I lose, as that means I no longer control my own destiny. The latter, though…Well, when you get to my age, Jay, you will realise what a double-edged sword that is.

And before anyone can say anything, this isn’t an Apparition Pity Party. I know I am at least better than two-thirds of the current SSW roster, and that is at the bear minimum. I know I still have it, and can make a serious run at both this contest and maybe even Jaydayne and his title if all things go well. But, this is a fickle business, where only one thing matters. What have I done for you lately? And the fact is, a couple of one-off victories on weekly syndicated television programs aside, I haven’t done much. I lost to Khmaoch, I lost to the Corleones, and I lost to that Stevens brat. Now I am facing another tough competitor in a must-win match, and I do have to wonder…Is this Groundhog Day for me? Is social media right, and am I truly “Small Match App”? A flat track bully, who can beat up on the minnows put in front of me, only to get devoured by the sharks who I simply can’t match up against?

I do appreciate your foresight into my personality, Pendragon. You are actually more accurate than most. I am a tremendously pessimistic person. I personally like to label it as realism, but the difference in those two words is how much you whine about it. The thing you missed in your assessment is that I need this to keep on going. I used to be able to run on sheer arrogance, but that eventually began to fade. Every time I wrestle someone, I can see exactly how they can achieve a victory over me. That all boils down to preparation, of course, but more than that, I have maintained one element from my final self.

I am so completely stubborn, I refuse to let my destiny be written out in stone, without me at least trying to change it. I know I can beat you, just like I know I can beat everyone else in this company. Does that mean I am the best? No. But my selfish desires beg of me to at least be recognised as such, until even I am forced to admit that I am the best of the best.

In another life and another line of work, Jaydayne, I would think that you were an annoying dork with your passionate fighting spirit talk. The reason I joined Shoot Nation, however, is that you provide something that I can’t. A positivity that attracts people, the ability to make people cooperate, and an aura that makes people look up to you. I could not care less about such a position, because I don’t want it in the least. We aren’t the Tres Comas Club, who squabbles about this sort of thing. Beyond everything else, I respect you so much, that is the only reason I am speaking right now, rather than steadfastly preparing myself for war like my previous two matches. But in my constant endeavour to prove myself, I do want one thing so desperately that I can taste it.

I want your unofficial title as Ace of not just Shoot Nation, but of SSW as a whole. I have spent my whole life chasing brass rings, and even when I realised it was a pointless endeavour, the truth is such a pointless endeavour was one of the few things to make me happy. You are my friend and my leader, Pendragon, however I want to strip you of everything that gives you prestige, and steal your current legacy to add on to my own.

So this is my proclamation, Jay. Rest up and rest well. Because a decade’s worth of experience and heartbreak is coming right at you. And trust me when I say this…I am not going to fail this time.

…I just can’t.
The One True Pairing
September 7th 2018, 9:35 pmThe One True Pairing
SSW Promos - Page 2 YBXplWIncQ5O3hgLBOWgJdHKPNNk7HC6Jr1v2E1X4710bp4UucKV2c7xuKPoBsWbUcyag4G2Khs6j5MUCegeGkmeYC4mNMQSl49TF9KyxaWFwgNvl3Jsoh-jcI-iT7osTMX5F9Dc

Sorry, Belle, but I think Jaydayne already has a girl, so feel free to do the World a favor and stop obsessing over him and how you managed to royally fuck up what may as well be considered THE biggest match of your entire career. Oh I know how it goes, don’t worry, I’ve been around plenty of losers before. In fact, I’m doing exactly that right here in this Tournament. It’s a barrel filled with idiots like you who convince themselves that they need to beat someone like Jaydayne to be great. That they need the Puroresu World Championship to be considered great. You don’t. You never did. You never will. Girls and boys are raised into believing plenty of things. If your parents are racists, then odds are, you’ll grow up hating the minorities around you. This is no different. This is every bit as twisted and repulsive in my book, because I have to watch someone like you - someone with so much potential to be a model or a decent housewife - completely waste every single ounce of your potential by catering to this belief that a piece of gold labeled “World Championship” makes it THE top prize. You’re wrong. You’re dead fucking wrong, in fact. How wrong are you, exactly? Let’s take a few things into account, sweetheart. You long for this victory over Jaydayne so, so badly because you want his gold. It clearly eats away at you. It seems to be all you’re thinking about, even while you’re heading into a match with me while Jaydayne is far back in the rearview mirror. That’s alright. Perfectly understandable. The true essence of being a loser is not being able to just shut the Hell up, wipe away your tears, and moving on. You lost, and you didn’t even lose to the best. I beat Jaydayne, and I did it without even breaking a Goddamn sweat, because I know the true totem pole of this company. I know what the REAL rankings are, doll.

You’re not gonna do anything but hurt yourself when you crane your neck to look up and see Jaydayne standing over you at the supposed top of this company. Instead you should look across the ring from you and see the true World Champion. Right now I’d be holding that gold around my waist if I felt like it, but I didn’t, because Jaydayne Pendragon isn’t worth my time just like you aren’t worth his time. It shouldn’t even come as a surprise to anyone that you’re sitting on your ass, feeling sorry for yourself, trying to motivate yourself to get back up and keep fighting the good fight. Your will is as easy to break as that tiny body, and I promise you that that very day is coming sooner than you think if you keep it up and forget where exactly you are, little girl. You should be thankful that you’re up against me and not my Cherry Blossom, because I promise you that she wouldn’t be showing you enough mercy to give you this advice - she would just beat your ass from post to post until there’s nothing left of you. Call me soft if you want, but the truth is that I feel bad for you. I feel bad watching you realize how much time you’ve wasted from the moment you became aware of who you are as a child to two weeks ago when you realized that none of it mattered. No amount of natural athleticism or training made you good enough to beat Jaydayne, and I did. Not just that, but I beat you as well. Both my Cherry Blossom and I humiliated you not long ago, along with your spooky Apparition partner. Yet, here you are. You’re sitting there trying to lit a fire under yourself for what? For HIM? You should be harping on how we made an example out of you and retained OUR Lovebird Tag Team Championships. Instead, you moved on and forgot about us because you’ve been raised by idiots to believe a piece of gold labeled as a World Title is truly THE premiere Championship.

I don’t have any qualms about grabbing you by your hair, and showing you what the law of this wild really is. Shoot Nation, Jaydayne, the Puroresu Championship - all fronts that this company puts on. We breathe life into Strong Style Wrestling. The only Championship that matters is the ones we pursue, and the ones we pursue are the Freebird World Championships. This Tournament means less than nothing to me, but that doesn’t mean I’m not gonna go out of my way to get SOME kind of value out of it. Because that’s what I do. That’s what WE do. We do absolutely nothing if there’s no value. So what I’m doing here is going out of my way - using MY precious time - and humiliating people like you in every way, shape, and form. I’m making a mockery out of this pointless Tournament, and I’m doing it by showing exactly why none of you are fit to be the best, especially your leader and “World Champion”. I’m gonna make the remainder of your time in this Tournament a miserable one, but at the same time, I’m gonna be doing you a favor. No longer will our fans and peers have to listen to Belle Kingsley cry her eyes out about not being good enough to beat Jaydayne Pendragon. No longer will we have to hear the cliches and the sob stories. Instead, we’re going to hear what we’ve all wanted to hear out of you: utter silence. No words whatsoever. You’re going to sit there in the corner and sulk and any memory of Jaydayne will be far gone in your mind. All you’ll have left to think about is how you were dismantled by Cassius Corleone, and just how far from the top you truly are. You can spend the rest of this Tournament saving your energy and putting up no more fights, because you know it’s just not worth it anymore. Maybe when it’s over, you can quit and go do something more worthwhile, because you don’t belong here. You want to burn me with that fire you’ve got lit because of Jaydayne? No can doozeville, baby doll. I’m extinguishing that fire, along with your precious little hopes and dreams that mommy and daddy convinced you would come true if you just believed and worked hard enough. That gold you’re chasing is at the bottom of the food chain, and you’re falling much, much further below, until no one can see you, and no one remembers you.
Miles Taylor
September 7th 2018, 5:03 pmMiles Taylor
Rei, I don’t know if you’ve been paying attention…but I’m not like most guys. For instance, most guys? They probably wouldn’t be too happy curtain jerking every other show. Most guys wouldn’t like having to be the one that has to deal with the chore of getting the crowd hot for the rest of the show. But that’s one of the many things that sets me apart from most guys. You see, I don’t mind kicking things off. I don’t mind being the start of the show, because I get to set the bar. I get to make the other guys on the card sweat, because they know they have to try and top what I did in the ring. And believe me, Rei, just ask some of the guys who’ve had to follow me – it’s no easy feat. Better yet, ask the guys I’ve been in the ring with, because they know firsthand how hard I am to keep up with.

Like, I said, I like to kick off the show. But that’s not all I like. I also like to kick off my opponent’s fucking head off with my knees. I like hearing the crunch of my opponent’s skull as I drive my limbs into their body. I like watching their eyes light up, not in excitement, but due to the fight or flight response because they know they’re in genuine danger. Christopher Sabretooth, Miltiades, Penanace, Pequeno Asesino – some of these men have proven themselves to be big deals to our affiliate Omega Wrestling Alliance, and you know what I’ve done here? Taken them all down. I’ve beaten every single one of them. While I’ve been kept to meaningless, directionless triple threats and multi man matches over there, I’ve been lighting the entire wrestling world UP and you better bet that Strong Style Wrestling has been taking notice. I wouldn’t be in the upcoming “opportunity” match if that was the case. But for now, Rei, my focus isn’t on that opportunity – it’s on our match this Saturday. And that? That spells awful news for you.

To be blunt? I haven’t heard of you up until this point. I don’t know if you’re a rook, I don’t know if you’re coming back from a hiatus, but to be honest Rei I just don’t care. Your fate is gonna be all the same – back on the mat, blinded by lights, and the fresh taste of blood in your mouth after my shins almost decapitate you. If Strong Style didn’t wanna include me in the Best in the World Series, that’s fine, I get it – but regardless of the outcome of that tournament, as the world’s eyes remain on me week in and week out, you can guarantee that they’re gonna take note that I’m the one who’s the best in the WORLD.

I hope you all take note. SSW management, the SSW roster, Damien Walker, the like of ya – because tonight isn’t even me at one hundred percent. Tonight is me simply giving a preview, giving you the smallest of samples, just a tiny little taste of what I’m gonna do when given an opportunity. Because when one is presented to me? I never, EVER waste it.

While my undefeated streak here in Strong Style will remain intact, both the jaw bone of Rei Kagura and the confidence of the men competing against me for the ‘opportunity’ will

BREAK…OR BE BROKEN!
Christopher Sabertooth
September 7th 2018, 1:06 pmChristopher Sabertooth
Japan's all about the culture.

Christopher Sabertooth and rocky Hollywood are seen sitting at a lounge. They are sniping on wine as they talk to each other about their work.

“Why do I always get put up against dangerous outlaws that have no business being in this company, Rocky?” Asked Chris.

“What do you mean?” Replied Rocky.

“What do I mean? I mean just think about it… I am in OWA where they ignore what is in my best interest being their top talent and always what the stupid fans want to see.” Said Chris as he takes a sip out of his glass. “Oh, I guess I need Tarah Nova to be added to this match. No wait… Jon McAdams should be in it too. Yadda Yadda” Mocked Chris.

“That’s hysterical Chris. But what happened now?” Enquired Rocky.

“So, you know about the Japanese promotion that I joined. The one owned by…” Said Chris but Rocky interrupts him.

“Soccer-Mom hair. Gotcha.” Said Rocky.

“Yeah… So, if you have been following the show then you would have seen how my debut went down. I mean, it was grand and I expected a warm welcome and I got one. But what followed after was something I didn’t expect. I was attacked by a nobody. He literally jumped out of the crowd and caught me off guard…. That idiot ruined what was going to be a historical moment for SSW. Finally, a star worth watching. And ever since then, this guy has absolutely lost his mind. He realised how fucked he was when I beat him down with a bat. But that was nothing… That was just a teaser for what lies ahead. I don’t know what happened though. Because I think this guy lost his mind ever since that incident. Not only was he shitting bricks trying to get this match cancelled. He also starting speaking in binary for all I know. He thinks he is the Terminator. Like what is this? The 80’s?” Exclaimed Chris as he was genuinely confused about what was Matthew thinking.

“You know Chris… One thing that this business has taught me is to expect the unexpected. I am sure you can relate to this guy considering your own manic episode as Havoc.” Said Rocky chuckling to himself.

“Very funny man. But you’re right. I did kind of have an episode of my own as Havoc but this is different. Havoc was the embodiment of redemption. He… I mean ‘I’ wanted to stand for all the wrongs that I had to go through in my life. You especially know what happened considering it was you that triggered it. But I digress…. This guy is completely different. He no showed last week against Miltiades. Miltiades of all people… Yeah, he’s in my faction and all but I don’t know if the Tres Comas Club plays along that well with each other. Jaywalker is especially nice to me and he surely knows how to make a deal but that’s how far my relationship with Tres Comas Club goes. I already beat Virgo. I pretty much should be the Jr. Heavyweight Champion right now if it wasn’t for Virgo being a bitch and never putting the title on the line. But forget about what happened earlier… This Matthew guy who nobody has ever heard of is going to have his first and most likely last FPV match at Event Horizon. He owes that to me because he would never make it on the card if it wasn’t for me… The future of SSW. That sounds good and something befitting of my name.” Said Chris as he a huge grin on his face.

“Yeah man… That is cool. And Matthew surely sounds like a bitch so I don’t think he should be much of a problem. But you were talking about other people too. What was that guy’s name?” Asked Rocky.

“Guy? No…. I was talking about who I face this week. Jessykah Van Schwarzenegger. At least that’s what I think her name is.” Said Chris. Rocky starts laughing.

“Wait… You are worried about a woman?” Asked Rocky hysterically.

“As much as I would love to laugh along with you and make sexist comments that you live by, you should see how she looks. She’s tough man. Last week she brutalised somebody making her surprise return to this place. From what I had heard, she was released from the company for whatever reason it was but there she was…. Once again jumping the barricade and brutalizing Vanessa. It was tough to watch. You should Google her if you don’t believe me.” Suggested Chris. Rocky has a hysterical look on his face as he immediately grabs his phone and searches for her Jessykah.

“Oh, I might have butchered her name on purpose. That’s what I do… Usually.” Said Chris.

“I searched with SSW too. But there’s no images of this Jessykah you’re taking about.” Said Rocky.

“No images? Well, I am not surprised considering how irrelevant to the grand scheme of things she really is. But… You can try the SSW website. They should have a picture.” Said Chris. Rocky opens the Official SSW website and finds Jessykah’s picture. He glances the photo and then looks back at Chris.

“Man…. She is ugl- “ Said Rocky but Chris interrupts him.

“You mean to say she looks tough right?” Asked Chris seriously.

“Sure… I guess. I can see where you are coming from. But is she someone you should be worried about. It’s not like you have faced a tough woman for the first time. Tarah Nova was pretty tough from what I remember.” Said Rocky.

“Oh, come on… Tarah Nova? Seriously? That has to be a joke. Tarah Nova is about as harmful as a toddler. Jessykah on the other hand… Man, you should have seen that Vanessa chick’s face after this woman was done with her. I don’t know man. Why do these authorities never consider for the safety of their top talent? I mean, I feature on their big show, Event Horizon. Of course, I would love to be at a 100% when I head on to face Matthew. Not that I need it considering how much of a loser he is. But don’t you think I should be worried here. Just look at here. The Queen of Spades! That’s what she calls herself. That sounds tough. Plus, she has an MMA background.” Said Chris as he looks worried.

“Chris… I am going to be real with you. But I have to ask you this… Are you high?” Asked Rocky with a serious look on his face.

“No. What made you believe that? Because I am actually praising someone’s in ring ability for a change? Before you answer it… I was just trying to see how long I can put on a straight face. And I think I have had enough of this.” Said Chris as he finally smirks as Rocky looks confused but then starts laughing hysterically.

“I don’t know why but this feels like déjà vu. Have you done this before?” Asked Rocky.

“Possibly. I am out of ideas.” Said Chris as he turns towards the camera.

“Why is there camera recording us again?” Asked Rocky.

“Oh that? I am about to go off. So, sit back and relax while a monologue this one for a bit." Said Chris as he signals the cameraman to focus on him. Rocky just shrugs and gets comfortable on the sofa sipping on wine.

“Now, Jessykah…. All the things I said before still hold true. I won’t lie, you are impressive. What you did last week certainly caught my eye and it certainly did catch the management’s eyes because not everybody is worth my time. I do have a say on who I actually want to face. Another brilliant scheme by Jaywalker. So, I see why they would pitch an idea for you to go against me. I see it… To great wrestler with a history in contact sports going at it in the middle of the ring. That’s why I was brought into SSW… To get more eyes on the product. And when you get in the ring with me… A lot of these people will be watching eagerly to see what you can do. So, take it in. This is your big moment Jessykah! You want to make a change in this business. You want this business to be about skill and actual in ring talent when it comes to the women and I absolutely agree with that. In spite of having Hollywood- esque looks, I have wrestled my ass off to be at the position I am in. I understand that you’re not that pleasing to look at…. I understand that you were probably an outcast back in college if you ever have been in one. And I sympathise with you. I haven’t had an easy life until recently when things have started to smoothen up. And I am sure you can get that life too. Maybe… Probably not. But don’t lose hope, Jessykah. Fight for your cause! I mean, literally. I don’t doubt your wrestling ability. Anyone with a legitimize fighting background can do well in this business. Look at me… I am the best wrestler in the world and hence I call myself the King of the Ring. Actually, I haven’t done that yet… But sure, why not.

Women can certainly be tough and you are an embodiment of that. But Jessykah… You’ll be fooling yourself if you believe for one second that you have any chance against me. Anybody else who would have gone through what I went through wouldn’t have been capable of being in the position I am at. From a shitty father, to being in maximum security prison for something I didn’t do, to getting stabbed and then losing my best friend. I have done it all when it comes to physical and mental pain. Heck, for a while I had gotten impervious to it. I was losing my mind. I was losing myself but I brought myself back to the surface level. You may be tough… But you ain’t tougher than me. You may be a great wrestler… But you can’t lace my boots in that ring. You may strike very hard… But not as hard as me. You see Jessykah… I want to be nice to you. It’s not because I pity you for how you look as you must have gone through in life considering you have made it your mission to against that taboo. I want to be nice to you is because I see actual talent there. Your motivation to be in this business is inspirational. And I am sure you can talk or beat some sense into stupid bitches like Tarah Nova and all those other women who pretend to be tough until they get punched real hard in their face. But I am not them. I am the absolute best wrestler in the world. In fact, the only REAL wrestler in this world. You have worked hard to hone your craft. I am a natural born prodigy. And this coming week when we stand across each other in that ring…. I will beat you. I came to SSW for winning titles… And the money of course. And I will achieve that at all cost. You might be tough Jessykah… But you’re no Christopher Sabertooth. Remember the name.” Said Chris as he lifts his glass of wine to toast.

“That good enough for you Rocky?” Asked Chris.

“Sure man… Though I don’t understand why you call me for these. I literally cancelled my meeting at 4 for this thing that you always do. You end up monologuing anyway, so why did you even need me?” Asked Rocky with a confused look.

“Content Rocky… The wine’s pretty good. Oh and Matthew you're a dead man” Said Chris. They clinked their glasses as the camera slowly fades away to black.
Jaydayne Pendragon
September 6th 2018, 8:48 pmJaydayne Pendragon
落雷

️In the deep of night Jaydayne Pendragon sits at the top of the Shinei Ji Temple steps, taking in the sights and the atmosphere.

Being a champion, being a leader, I have found myself becoming acquainted with being a north star within this industry so many great competitors make their home in under the dark skies with glimmering lights spread about. For though there exists much that blocks out what people look for in the skies, there is always a time when the moon and stars reveal their face through the clouds. My moments represent those reveals, despite the pollution and mist provided by the likes of the Phantom Troupe and many other decadents, I’ve been able to provide light on top of this company with my Puroresu championship gleamy bright.

And I’d like to think with me I bring the rest of Shoot Nation. Even if there is a shiniest star, the ensemble is what makes a constellation. I realize, I won’t always be that star at the forefront, but I want to at the very least have the constellation etched into the memories of the people. Even when we are gone, our values, what we’ve fought for in these great battles, they live on as images of what there was. Like a never dying spirit, like an apparition.

My comrade may well be The Apparition, but I’ve always taken great offense and confusion that he correlates that with him being forgotten.

Things that haunt you are not truly forgotten in your mind. Things of the past, that even without a psychical body, that can still take shape can only be described as things that have struck a cord in the heart of the masses! Just as he has in his career.

We all know what kind of man exists behind that mask, what style of wrestling he has exemplified in his illustrious time as performer. We’ve always counted you as an important member of Shoot Nation, Apparition! As I sit here at this temple beneath the stars, I think of the ancestors that carved the traditions that shaped our culture, and the ideals that we worship. I recognize them as familiars that still live on in us, sometimes I see them like Simba saw Mufasa in his deepest time of need. Apparition, I don’t know why you mope around, nor why you have taken such a negative outlook on things, but I respect what you bring to the table in terms of honour and respect for the sport we love. You’re an apparition because your passion to do what you do has lingered and refused to die as you’ve kept yourself in the business, that’s how strong your ties with what you’ve done is! You’re a specter to the people, because the thought of you still takes shape in their minds, and one day maybe you’d be like one of those passed on beings they make holograms of because the world can’t let you go. You underestimate how much you have shaped others, you don’t see how you’ve made yourself part of so many stories. Even here in Shoot Nation, you’ve played your part, regardless of how small it is perceived it has been a role.  I’ll fight you Apparition, just like I’ve fought every member of Shoot Nation they’ve put in front of me in that ring, but know no matter what I’ll always value you like a brother in arms. I don’t plan on losing, as I’ve never lost to any other member of Shoot Nation in these battles, but I know I learn a lot more about you in that ring. Just like you’ll learn about me. Your leader, a man that doesn’t pull punches against anyone friend or foe, your champion who symbolizes what it means to be on top of the food chain today. I know it won’t be easy to beat you, but I hope my struggle in doing so reminds you that I am a fallible man with his own ghosts and demons, I just overcome them and channel the energy of the greats around me past and present.

It’s something under sold about me, but pretty much every move I have is named after the possessions of the dead, their ideals, or are names from works of fiction. All safe one, a razor named after the love of my life. But even love is like a bodyless figure that possesses a person and pushes them forward, even when the person loved isn’t there. Your one mighty spirit, but I am enveloped with thousands, they scream at me when my discipline faulters, they cheer me on when I need to find that one last ounce of motivation to go on, and they whisper sweet nothings in my ear when I need to find inner peace in puzzling times. Even this north star is guided through the night, by forces I truly believe are stronger than you. Countless knights and samurai who left their blades to be burned down and forced into one in this hafu before you, I have generations of fighting flowing through my blood and training! Some cultures build temples of brick and stone, but many others build temples of tribute through the children they raise!  I am one of those temples, that is the only reason why one wandering spirit won’t be enough! Belle thinks I and I alone won this championship, I respect her truth as much as it pains me to hear her say it, but my truth is that the size of people who got me where I am are legion, I truly felt possessed by so many in my clash for the title, and that includes feeling that you and her were there, Apparition. I know the allure of gold and success may shape the perception of people who do not have enough of what they desire, but I refuse to accept everything else that makes being a champion so great become meaningless! It’s like people have forgotten that Shoot Nation was the butt of every joke just a few months ago, when people didn’t accept us as the shinsengumi Brian Daniels had put in place here, and everyone would bring up how none of us could win a championship. Now I have the most coveted prize, people look to Cassidy and Shinati as the future of this business, and you, Belle, and Kawada-sama are scene as respected figures in the movement with me. It troubles me that so many that walk beside me have negative beliefs filled with self pity that so strongly dismiss everything I believe in, so I’ll have to shout out loud what I believe in that ring! Like the flash and sound of the Rakurai, this belief will not be ignored. With me leading the way, the collective soul of Shoot Nation shall be forever memorable!

️End.
落雷
Belle Kingsley
September 6th 2018, 8:23 pmBelle Kingsley
Jaydayne Pendragon getting that roll up victory lit a fire underneath me. In that match two weeks ago, I wanted to bring my absolute best into the match. To me, I wanted to have the upset of the century in the Best in the World Series. By defeating the leader of Shoot Nation, it would have given me the assurance that I needed to prove my worth to this faction. I don’t feel like I am worthy at all. I am not worthy of being part of Shoot Nation. I am not worthy of having the hearts of the fans. I go out to the ring each time and I’m baffled that these people are still invested in me. These people still give a damn about me, when I wouldn’t. To the other factions, I am nothing more than a woman who drops the ball with each opportunity given to her. I’m nothing more than a loser. I am not good enough to be part of the SSW roster. I’ve heard whispers in the back. I did my best to not let it phase me, but when the losses began to pile up, I began to lose myself in the process. I began to get angry. I began to be bitter. I began to question what was wrong with me? Why are people thinking that they can just walk all over me and not feel any consequence for their actions? I thought with my victory at Domination, it was a step in the right direction. I looked at it as a fresh start. I was on top of the world with that victory, but Scott Oasis was the first man to knock me down back to earth. That feeling of satisfaction was only temporary and it was back to having to bust my ass for the opportunities that I want. As I was saying before, I looked at my match with Jaydayne as my opportunity to prove to my leader that I was good enough. I was placed into Shoot Nation with a purpose. I came into this match wanting to really earn his respect. There, I fought with the best of my abilities. I felt that without the roll up, I could have won. If the match went on longer than it did, things would have been completely different. The wave of emotions overcame me. Never did I expect to grab a mic and challenge Jaydanye for the Puroresu Heavyweight Champion. For that moment, I could not believe what I just did. It was even more of a shock when Jaydayne accepted the challenge. The main event for Event Horizon is set in stone and I look forward to September 24th for where I wash away any thoughts of me not being good enough for Shoot Nation and take my place as Puroresu Heavyweight Champion.

Before that, I have to focus on the Best in the World Series. I’m fully aware that I lost my last two matches. I was outsized by Scott Oasis and I was outsmarted by Jaydayne Pendragon. My last two matches, I faced incredible men, who have taken me to the limit. Sadly, they have resulted in failure. A woman like myself should be accustomed to that feeling, but that does not mean that I like it one bit. As I speak about my disliking of losing, I am going to face a man who has gotten the best out of me and whoever my partner was for those matches, Cassius Corleone. The former SSW Freebird Tag Team Champion. The man who won a championship in less than two matches. A man who tried their hardest to keep his championship at Domination, but failed. How does that feel, Cassius? How does it feel knowing that you lost something so important to you? Sure, it may have not been Sakura, but it was something that is going to make everyone notice when it's gone. Losing those championships not only damaged you, but it must have broken your waifu’s heart. This was the first major blow to your egos that you have experienced in SSW. How does it feel knowing that you had something ripped away from you? You didn’t see it coming. Nope! You had confidence that you were going to defeat CM Nas and Saul Omen! They had NOTHING over the One True Pairing! You and Sakura had the power of love on your side. CM Nas and Saul had the power of violence and ruthlessness on their side. Guess, which one was stronger? Spoiler alert: it wasn’t love. It wasn’t The One True Pairing. It wasn’t Sakura and Cassius Corleone. You are watching this and think that I shouldn’t be pointing out people’s losses because that’s all I’ve done in SSW, but I enjoy to watch the look on your face go pale at the thought that your egos were shattered due to the loss. Although, I have to give you props. You managed to get a victory over Jaydayne and that is something that I would have loved to do two weeks ago. You could have used that as an argument for why you should challenge him for his title, but still, that was never in your sights. It wasn’t as important as regaining those tag titles. You looked past finding the glory of your own to the thought of recapturing gold with Sakura as the ultimate prize in the end. All I have to respond to that is that it’s your loss and my gain. I would probably be doing nothing for Event Horizon if it wasn’t for your desire to reclaim your titles. In a sense, I thank you, Cassius. For me to tell you that I won’t drop the ball on this opportunity is laughable to you. Just like the thought of actually getting a victory over you. It can happen. I have no partner to rely on. I only have myself to believe in. You don’t have Sakura by your side. It’s a fair fight. This is something that I have desired for the longest time. I want to build this momentum up with getting a victory over the man who got the victory over Jaydayne. If I was Jaydayne, I’d be watching. I’d be observing my every move because what I plan to do to Cassius will be nothing compared to what I will do in the ring to him.
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum